the origin of the living cell

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-06-2013, 02:54 PM
RE: the origin of the living cell
(10-06-2013 02:38 PM)Dan Steeves Wrote:  
(10-06-2013 12:37 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The Concordat was hardly "unconditional support" for the Nazi's. It was an attempt to keep the church out of an impending war. Pius XII at the time of the Condordat had no way of knowing the atrocities they were going to commit. Your hyperbole does not serve you well. In fact, its a lie. Your nonsense generizations are false. You have no clue what the various church bodies did or did not do, and during what period they did them. You seem to NEED to espouse a childish, simplistic, black and white view of everything. Not unusual. The failure of most fundie Creationists to recognize reality, usually comes down to mental health.

Are you actually defending the churches of Christendom? I thought you were an atheist. Very interesting....The fact is the German Catholic bishops blessed the German troops assuring them of victory over the Allies even though catholic slaughtered catholic on both sides. The belt buckles of the german soldiers read
"God is with us." False religion has always taken sides in mankind's wars. Just like today in Syria the Sunnis and the Shiite muslims, although of the same religion, massacre one another in the name of Ala.

All religion is false. It is based upon faulty precepts and special pleading. As for the catholics during WW2 there were good ones and bad ones and the church itself did not go far enough in dealing with the Nazi's.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
10-06-2013, 03:23 PM
(10-06-2013 02:38 PM)Dan Steeves Wrote:  Are you actually defending the churches of Christendom? I thought you were an atheist. Very interesting....The fact is the German Catholic bishops blessed the German troops assuring them of victory over the Allies even though catholic slaughtered catholic on both sides. The belt buckles of the german soldiers read
"God is with us." False religion has always taken sides in mankind's wars. Just like today in Syria the Sunnis and the Shiite muslims, although of the same religion, massacre one another in the name of Ala.

There are good and bad people to be found everywhere. Religious or atheists, black or white, Eastern or Western, short and tall, none of these things have anything to do with whether people are good or bad.

Empathy and compassion does. If there were a god, and if he were loving and just, that is what he would look for in people. He would look for loving, kind human beings. And not selectively so, loving and kind to everyone.

Would you qualify? I don't think so. You are much better versed in judging others than anything else.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
10-06-2013, 03:59 PM
(10-06-2013 02:38 PM)Dan Steeves Wrote:  
(10-06-2013 12:37 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The Concordat was hardly "unconditional support" for the Nazi's. It was an attempt to keep the church out of an impending war. Pius XII at the time of the Condordat had no way of knowing the atrocities they were going to commit. Your hyperbole does not serve you well. In fact, its a lie. Your nonsense generizations are false. You have no clue what the various church bodies did or did not do, and during what period they did them. You seem to NEED to espouse a childish, simplistic, black and white view of everything. Not unusual. The failure of most fundie Creationists to recognize reality, usually comes down to mental health.

Are you actually defending the churches of Christendom? I thought you were an atheist. Very interesting....The fact is the German Catholic bishops blessed the German troops assuring them of victory over the Allies even though catholic slaughtered catholic on both sides. The belt buckles of the german soldiers read

It's Allah. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
10-06-2013, 04:25 PM
you know what's the worst part? he'll troll his way into being banned, and then he'll go to some theist forum and say we're bad people and don't let them speak or debate with us...

btw, mods should make a few ID check on this new wave of trolls, I wouldn't be surprised to find an undercover Egor around Tongue

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 2 users Like nach_in's post
10-06-2013, 04:45 PM
A message for the mad cow king: Do me the favor of banning me. I'm wasting
too much time here anyways.
10-06-2013, 04:49 PM
lol the troll thinks I have mod powers... this is getting hilarious Tongue

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
10-06-2013, 04:50 PM
(10-06-2013 09:58 AM)Dan Steeves Wrote:  
(10-06-2013 09:51 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So you're of the "us and them" mindset. How nicely divisive of you. I guess we don't have enough room in the world for all types of people. Everyone simply must believe the same thing just as you do.

There isn't such a thing as a "missing link" you're show your vast ignorance in even writing ti. The truth is (and I don't expect you to believe the truth since it's so contrary to your religious beliefs.)

As far as the man to ape connection, it's been well established -- we have almost too many examples of it. To be completely honest we are still in transition. Who knows what we'll look like 50 million years from now. Evolution is never finished but thankfully for us, it's also a painfully slow process completed in baby steps.

Everything on this planet will continue to evolve. You also can't compare how the planet was to how it is today.

Shoo lfy! Your bringing nothing revolutionary to this discussion.

I'm still waiting for the scientific "well established evidence of the man to ape connection." I mean SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE not SPECULATION.

Your trolling level is maximum.

I refuse to engage you on any topic until you can demonstrate you are some kind of sincere person.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
10-06-2013, 04:54 PM
(10-06-2013 04:45 PM)Dan Steeves Wrote:  A message for the mad cow king: Do me the favor of banning me. I'm wasting

You are certainly wasting our time.

You could just not come back - why would you need to be banned? Do you lack self-control?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
10-06-2013, 04:57 PM
I also have to say that this guy would need to provide a definition for evidence, and speculation before further discussion could take place.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
10-06-2013, 05:11 PM
(10-06-2013 04:45 PM)Dan Steeves Wrote:  A message for the mad cow king: Do me the favor of banning me. I'm wasting

Silly. We don't ban people just for being stupid, or even assholes.

You can shoo fly though.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post