the origin of the living cell

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-06-2013, 09:06 AM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2013 09:12 AM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
RE: the origin of the living cell
I think more than likely he read book or someone told him about what they read in a book. Or he watched a youtube video produced by Ham. Somewhere along the line he realized he was out of his league.

It's a typical creationist thing to discount evolution while confusing it with abiogenesis. Around each corner they show that they dont understand what the science really says. They just believe what they were told.

And then they say atheism requires too much faith?

What?

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
11-06-2013, 09:16 AM
well at least you wont need to shoo fly him anymore Mom Big Grin

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
11-06-2013, 09:18 AM
Guy's trollercoaster goes off the rails, and he doesn't want to try again?

Weak.
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
11-06-2013, 09:25 AM
(11-06-2013 09:16 AM)nach_in Wrote:  well at least you wont need to shoo fly him anymore Mom Big Grin

It won't be long before another comes along to replace him/her.

And shoo fly will return..Because that's what they are. They're flies to be shoo'd.

The only other people I saw it to are my kids Big Grin when I'm trying to do something and they bother me.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

11-06-2013, 01:30 PM
(11-06-2013 08:50 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  He didn't seem to last long Drinking Beverage

I really wish a few more would at least answer questions poised to them. I could care less if they buy anything we say, but at least recognize when they say stupid shit.

Don't say shit like this man, these guys take it as a personal challenge to come back again and again and again and again to prove that they really are even thicker than you believed possible. The basic idea seems to be: "If I can last longer than anyone gives a shit about answering me in this abortion of a thread that I created (who said theists are against abortion?), then I win".
11-06-2013, 01:37 PM
(11-06-2013 01:30 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(11-06-2013 08:50 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  He didn't seem to last long Drinking Beverage

I really wish a few more would at least answer questions poised to them. I could care less if they buy anything we say, but at least recognize when they say stupid shit.

Don't say shit like this man, these guys take it as a personal challenge to come back again and again and again and again to prove that they really are even thicker than you believed possible. The basic idea seems to be: "If I can last longer than anyone gives a shit about answering me in this abortion of a thread that I created (who said theists are against abortion?), then I win".

Yeah but we can tag team em here. We outlasted God=/>Love Childeye. Took almost 300 pages but we did it.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
11-06-2013, 01:37 PM
Re: the origin of the living cell
It was a challenge Thumbsup I like reading some of the apologetic acrobats in the face of arguments presented to them. It gives me an idea of the diversity of opinions and responses that are out there. If I know what is out there, I can contemplate a better response if I encounter it.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
11-06-2013, 01:57 PM
What really twists my taint is that so many theists will come here claiming to reject religion, yet every argument they make is straight from the apologists playbook.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
11-06-2013, 05:58 PM
(11-06-2013 01:57 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  What really twists my taint is that so many theists will come here claiming to reject religion, yet every argument they make is straight from the apologists playbook.

They all (all beliefs not grounded in solid evidence or reason) have roughly the same basis; Personal experiences or desire to believe, a predisposition toward woo and irrationality (emotions before reason), indoctrination and all those other traits we see in pretty much every believer of woo.

It seems logical to me that they would all pick arguments which have a history, or seem to have on at least, of solidifying other peoples beliefs. Whether the make those decisions consciously or unconsciously not is debatable (and personally I'd pick the latter), due to the similarities between beliefs. They adopt the arguments into their belief and delusion. This causes them to view them as undefeatable as they align to and feed off of the unbeatable root ideas for the belief in question.
This leads to a lack of innovation for arguments, after all they have no need for new ones.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
11-06-2013, 06:16 PM
(11-06-2013 05:58 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(11-06-2013 01:57 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  What really twists my taint is that so many theists will come here claiming to reject religion, yet every argument they make is straight from the apologists playbook.

They all (all beliefs not grounded in solid evidence or reason) have roughly the same basis; Personal experiences or desire to believe, a predisposition toward woo and irrationality (emotions before reason), indoctrination and all those other traits we see in pretty much every believer of woo.

It seems logical to me that they would all pick arguments which have a history, or seem to have on at least, of solidifying other peoples beliefs. Whether the make those decisions consciously or unconsciously not is debatable (and personally I'd pick the latter), due to the similarities between beliefs. They adopt the arguments into their belief and delusion. This causes them to view them as undefeatable as they align to and feed off of the unbeatable root ideas for the belief in question.
This leads to a lack of innovation for arguments, after all they have no need for new ones.

Agreed. I was speaking more to the christian argument though. They continue to use scripture as a basis for argument while stating that church and religion is detrimental to society. So effectively you can't use standard arguments against christianity, but they will still use standard christian arguments against you.

It drives me bonkers.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco