the origin of the living cell

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-06-2013, 10:49 AM
RE: the origin of the living cell
(09-06-2013 08:37 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  Jesus, Chas you're starting to rub off on me. Tongue

That's a mixed blessing. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2013, 11:06 AM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2013 06:10 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(09-06-2013 08:14 AM)Dan Steeves Wrote:  There is a super law called the "Law of Cause and Effect." So the infinite variety of life on earth and the awesome universe was caused by SOMETHING or SOMEONE. Which of the two possibilities is more logical?

Wrong. What appears to human brains to be "logical" is not how the universe works.
(Relativity, Uncertainty, Dirac's matrices).

If there *is* a "super law, then your god is also subject to it.
Who caused your god ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist & Levitating Yogi
Sent by Jebus to put the stud back in Bible Study.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
09-06-2013, 11:09 AM
(09-06-2013 08:05 AM)Dan Steeves Wrote:  
(08-06-2013 04:38 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I think we posted ar nearly the same time, I didn't bother with a link. Let him do his own googling. Tongue

You're just too nice.

I'm still waiting for an answer to my question on the origin of life. If life was not designed and created by a Creator then how did it come into existence? Can you give me scientific answers and not just speculation?

We did.
The video from Harvard explains the whole thing.
If you are too stupid or lazy to watch it, and try to understand it, there's nothing anyone here can do to fix that.
Thanks for revealing yet again, what a pathetically low level of education many theists function at.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist & Levitating Yogi
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
09-06-2013, 02:09 PM
(08-06-2013 04:45 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(08-06-2013 04:20 PM)Dan Steeves Wrote:  I have a question for atheists. Modern science now knows that the living cell is staggeringly and marvellously complex together with the DNA and RNA genetic code that replicates the cell. Microbiologists are only scratching the surface as regards their understanding of the complexity of the cell.

What scientific explanation can atheists offer as to how the cell came into existence and then became a LIVING cell? Because there is a great difference between a dead cell and a living cell. What was the guiding force that caused the cell to come into existence? Any structure, great or small, must have a solid foundation. Atheists must provide scientifically proven evidence that a cell could come into existence without the divine intervention of a Creator. So what evidence exists that this has happened? If they cannot present evidence that the cell came into existence without a designing Creator their atheistic beliefs are without foundation and are born dead, without any basis.[/u]

What about this one.

An alien species surveying planets left some excrement on our planet.

We are all descendants of alien crap.

Yabut, who crapped on the Aliens' planet and so forth, Mr. Infinite Regression Dude?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
09-06-2013, 02:34 PM
(09-06-2013 08:33 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(09-06-2013 08:21 AM)Dan Steeves Wrote:  Where is the evidence for abiogenesis?

If you are going to refuse to look at the evidence that has been provided and/or use the tool called the internet which you are currently using to find out more about this wonderful, natural world (since you have so many questions) then there is hardly any merit to skipping around the bush with you. Your tactics are outdated and boring. You have no clear argument for anything better than"I don't know".

Learn something or go away.

Give me the name of a controlled scientific study that demonstrates the reality of abiogenesis
09-06-2013, 03:17 PM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2013 04:30 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(09-06-2013 02:34 PM)Dan Steeves Wrote:  
(09-06-2013 08:33 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  If you are going to refuse to look at the evidence that has been provided and/or use the tool called the internet which you are currently using to find out more about this wonderful, natural world (since you have so many questions) then there is hardly any merit to skipping around the bush with you. Your tactics are outdated and boring. You have no clear argument for anything better than"I don't know".

Give me the name of a controlled scientific study that demonstrates the reality of abiogenesis

Give us a controlled scientific study that demonstrates a god. Any god. Weeping

There is help for people with OCD.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obsessive%E...e_disorder

[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
09-06-2013, 04:29 PM
(09-06-2013 02:34 PM)Dan Steeves Wrote:  
(09-06-2013 08:33 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  If you are going to refuse to look at the evidence that has been provided and/or use the tool called the internet which you are currently using to find out more about this wonderful, natural world (since you have so many questions) then there is hardly any merit to skipping around the bush with you. Your tactics are outdated and boring. You have no clear argument for anything better than"I don't know".

There have been many. Did you even read the link provided on page ONE? You continue to ask the same questions without reading anything. I could name a few studies that have been done, but why bother you won't read them. Most of them are listed as references in the citation section.

If you have nothing better to offer....

Shoo fly

The sun rises in the West and the bird shits on the coffeetable.

09-06-2013, 04:30 PM
(09-06-2013 03:17 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(09-06-2013 02:34 PM)Dan Steeves Wrote:  Give me the name of a controlled scientific study that demonstrates the reality of abiogenesis

Give us a controlled scientific study that demonstrates a god. Any god. Weeping

Lmao! Here we go with old tickled taint again.... Weeping

The sun rises in the West and the bird shits on the coffeetable.

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
09-06-2013, 07:47 PM
(09-06-2013 07:53 AM)Dan Steeves Wrote:  
(08-06-2013 07:05 PM)Chas Wrote:  But that just moves the origin without explaining it.

Where is the evidence that bacteria can survive in deep space? Has the NASA proved it can? Show me the evidence.

http://www.popsci.com/technology/article...terior-iss

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
09-06-2013, 07:53 PM
Wow so I leave for 1 day and we get pleasejeebus 2.0 here who can't figure out how to click a link provided. You lack even a basic argument and are being intentionally ignorant on a subject you asked us about. In the words of our Dear MSBB Shoo fly!

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post