the principal of something vs it's utility in reality

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-06-2014, 08:41 PM
the principal of something vs it's utility in reality
http://youtu.be/Qg9el5yzxC0

this video explains my conundrum

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-06-2014, 10:23 PM
RE: the principal of something vs it's utility in reality
Well, I'm impressed that you know how to spell "conundrum" but... its not it's.

No

19-06-2014, 12:32 AM
It may be the right thing to do, reading an essay instead of printing it, but its utility is piddling. This seems to be the vogue lately, stammering through ten minutes of unedited, unconsidered off the cuff blue sky ruminations on you tube, but its tedium wipes out any desire to take it in.

The heard word runs at about 120 WPM, with about half retained. I can zip through the written word at 400 WPM with 75% retention.

The person making the essay can speak it at 120 WPM and if no time is taken to edit, collate thoughts, marshall supporting ideas, or REMOVE the extraneous uhs and ohs and mms of the clanking mind bumping over the clots of half baked logic, get 1200 words dashed off onto you tube in ten minutes. You tube favors the mind eager to spout, not so eager to spout meaning.

I believe the CONSIDERATE thing to do on forums is WRITE IT DOWN. Then edit it. Yeah, it takes time, a lot more time than the reader will need, but in terms of success at exchange of ideas (barring trolls), writing wins hands down.

Post a transcript. It might be worth reading. But I ain't gonna to listen to five or ten minutes of sawing through raw planks of unplaned monologue.
[+] 1 user Likes Airportkid's post
19-06-2014, 02:09 PM
(19-06-2014 12:32 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  It may be the right thing to do, reading an essay instead of printing it, but its utility is piddling. This seems to be the vogue lately, stammering through ten minutes of unedited, unconsidered off the cuff blue sky ruminations on you tube, but its tedium wipes out any desire to take it in.

The heard word runs at about 120 WPM, with about half retained. I can zip through the written word at 400 WPM with 75% retention.

The person making the essay can speak it at 120 WPM and if no time is taken to edit, collate thoughts, marshall supporting ideas, or REMOVE the extraneous uhs and ohs and mms of the clanking mind bumping over the clots of half baked logic, get 1200 words dashed off onto you tube in ten minutes. You tube favors the mind eager to spout, not so eager to spout meaning.

I believe the CONSIDERATE thing to do on forums is WRITE IT DOWN. Then edit it. Yeah, it takes time, a lot more time than the reader will need, but in terms of success at exchange of ideas (barring trolls), writing wins hands down.

Post a transcript. It might be worth reading. But I ain't gonna to listen to five or ten minutes of sawing through raw planks of unplaned monologue.

I know your giving me advice but i can barely understand it.. lol

19-06-2014, 02:32 PM
(18-06-2014 10:23 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Well, I'm impressed that you know how to spell "conundrum" but... its not it's.

No

spell check didn't catch that.. lol