the sacrificial lamb

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-12-2013, 06:42 PM
RE: the sacrificial lamb
(28-12-2013 02:36 PM)Chas Wrote:  I don't believe in fantasy. You seem to be delusional.
Whatever you say, Chas.

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-12-2013, 06:57 PM (This post was last modified: 28-12-2013 07:06 PM by Alla.)
(28-12-2013 12:21 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  I get the whole "I'm smarter than you" thing. You don't want person A and person B arguing two different stances backed solely by their own claims of intellectual superiority, but what happens when both of them claim to be inspired by the Holy Spirit? Now, you have person A and B claiming the exact same things, but using a different justification. How do you know which of them, if either of them, are right?
You don't know. You can not know if I am telling you the truth until Spirit testifies to you. But when Spirit teaches you WILL know.

(28-12-2013 12:21 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  While I'm certainly not claiming to have any special connection to one third of God,
Holy Ghost is not I/3 of God. He is one of Gods. There are three of Them. They make one Godhead or one Union which can be called "God" or "one God". "God" is title.
(28-12-2013 12:21 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  I don't know how you can possibly think that this is a credible metric for discerning truth.
When YOU have witness of the Holy Ghost one day you WILL know. You WILL RECOGNIZE what you forgot when you became mortal man.

(28-12-2013 12:21 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  How do you know when a "true believer" is inspired by the Holy Spirit and when they're lying (or even confused)? It's just a special-pleading-escape-hatch.
As I said before you can NOT know this until Spirit testifies to YOU.
I can lie to you, I can try to deceive you, I can be deceived myself. Or like Chas says I can be delusional. That is why YOU NEED Holy Ghost to be sure that what I am saying is true.
You can believe me but it is better to know for yourself. You HAVE to have your own testimony. You have to have this witness so nobody can deceive you.

28-12-2013, 07:14 PM
(28-12-2013 06:42 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(28-12-2013 02:36 PM)Chas Wrote:  I don't believe in fantasy. You seem to be delusional.
Whatever you say, Chas.

Oh, good. I'm glad we settled that. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-12-2013, 07:33 PM
(28-12-2013 07:14 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(28-12-2013 06:42 PM)Alla Wrote:  Whatever you say, Chas.

Oh, good. I'm glad we settled that. Drinking Beverage
I am also glad.Smile

28-12-2013, 07:36 PM
(28-12-2013 06:57 PM)Alla Wrote:  You don't know. You can not know if I am telling you the truth until Spirit testifies to you. But when Spirit teaches you WILL know.

It didn't work that way when I used to believe. The longer I believed, the less I believed.

I suppose it's technically possible there's a god out there who doesn't want me to believe in him, and I suppose there's not much I can do about that. Let's hope he's not judging me too harshly on his decision to withhold the Holy Spirit from me.

(28-12-2013 06:57 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(28-12-2013 12:21 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  While I'm certainly not claiming to have any special connection to one third of God,
Holy Ghost is not I/3 of God. He is one of Gods. There are three of Them. They make one Godhead or one Union which can be called "God" or "one God". "God" is title.

I was raised Lutheran. He's 1/3 of the same god. The Holy Spirit Martin Luther told me so. Tongue
28-12-2013, 08:05 PM
(28-12-2013 07:36 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  It didn't work that way when I used to believe. The longer I believed, the less I believed.
I know. If you had witness of the Holy Ghost you would know and believe. That is why I told you it is VERY IMPORTANT to have your own testimony and not to rely on others.

(28-12-2013 07:36 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  I suppose it's technically possible there's a god out there who doesn't want me to believe in him, and I suppose there's not much I can do about that. Let's hope he's not judging me too harshly on his decision to withhold the Holy Spirit from me.
There is a reason why you don't have this witness. May be it is better to be an atheist then to believe in false god. May be you never asked God to give you this witness. May be you are not ready yet.
(28-12-2013 07:36 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  I was raised Lutheran. He's 1/3 of the same god. The Holy Spirit Martin Luther told me so. Tongue
SmileI can not argue with Martin Luther.Big Grin

29-12-2013, 07:41 PM
The attached picture was inspired by this thread.

.jpg  Apologists.jpg (Size: 55.37 KB / Downloads: 190)

Manifest Insanity @ Amazon
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-12-2013, 07:47 PM
You shoulda seen 'em arguing over original sin. It got hilarious the pretzels they twisted into.
30-12-2013, 12:49 PM
(25-12-2013 05:38 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(25-12-2013 02:57 PM)viole Wrote:  Alla. Jesus sacrifice is a joke. It is actually amazing that a relatively big minority of humans living today are touched or impressed by that.

Even if we take those nice fairies at face value, we would see tht Jesus knew on advance that He will come back in full glory, sitting at the right of the Father, and eventually, come back with swords coming out of his eyes, or other equivalent nonsense.

So, if I were God and knew everything in advance, like Jesus according to the legend, I would have no problem to take the sins of everybody upon myself, whatsoever. Would you? Big deal.

Ciao

- viole

Imagine this - you have children. You love them very much.
But somebody tells you: "I will take your children away and they will suffer at the place where I am taking them. Their suffering will be beyond the imagination. But you can save them. Only you. In order for you to save them you have to go through all the pains that exist in the world. Examples: you will feel pain of being burning alive, then you will feel being stabbed with knife all over your body, then you will feel pain of cancer, then you will feel pain of being punched and kicked, then you will feel pain of ripping off your limbs, eyes, ears, fingers, toes...and on and on and on.
After all that you will be restored and your children will be just fine.
CAN YOU DO THIS FOR THEM? CAN YOU SAVE THEM?
Would you call it a SACRIFICE? Hmmm.. sacrifice of your TIME? Instead of to have some fun you will SACRIFICE this TIME for other "fun"-turtures?
Do you think you could ENDURE TO THE END?
Jesus did it. He endured to the end.

Honestly, if someone would tell me that, I would call the police or advice the person to look for psychiatrical help. Wouldn't you?

And, again, if I thought I were God, or a third of Him, I would have no problem with it. Are you kidding? A bit of stabbing and toes ripping knowing that you will rule the universe after those minor inconveniences? I mean, why not?

Per aspera ad astra, as the Romans said. Lol.

Ciao

- viole
01-01-2014, 07:32 AM
(28-12-2013 08:05 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(28-12-2013 07:36 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  It didn't work that way when I used to believe. The longer I believed, the less I believed.
I know. If you had witness of the Holy Ghost you would know and believe. That is why I told you it is VERY IMPORTANT to have your own testimony and not to rely on others.

Please provide evidence that your 'witnessing of the Holy Ghost' is anything more than you just talking to yourself... Drinking Beverage

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]