the sacrificial lamb

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-01-2014, 10:20 AM (This post was last modified: 01-01-2014 10:24 AM by crazylikeyou.)
RE: the sacrificial lamb
Quote:If I commit sin/sins and get punished it will be Justice. Penalty for sin is death or hell. THERE IS NO OTHER PUNISHMENT. DO NOT EXIST. So, in order to have Justice I have to die and be dead/in hell FOREVER. That's it. Finita la comedia.

Quote:Justice demands equal payment. It is not equal payment to punish a man who steals a dime with eternal pain.

This.Thumbsup

Christians: "But, but you need a bigger punishment if you offend God vs. if you offend me"
Common sense says "Uh, no"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes crazylikeyou's post
01-01-2014, 10:27 AM

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
01-01-2014, 08:26 PM
(01-01-2014 07:32 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(28-12-2013 08:05 PM)Alla Wrote:  I know. If you had witness of the Holy Ghost you would know and believe. That is why I told you it is VERY IMPORTANT to have your own testimony and not to rely on others.

Please provide evidence that your 'witnessing of the Holy Ghost' is anything more than you just talking to yourself... Drinking Beverage
I don't mind if you think that I am talking to myself.
And when Holy Ghost testifies something I don't talk. I only listen. But I don't mind if you think that I am delusional.
Oh, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!Smile

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection
01-01-2014, 08:31 PM
(01-01-2014 10:20 AM)crazylikeyou Wrote:  
Quote:If I commit sin/sins and get punished it will be Justice. Penalty for sin is death or hell. THERE IS NO OTHER PUNISHMENT. DO NOT EXIST. So, in order to have Justice I have to die and be dead/in hell FOREVER. That's it. Finita la comedia.

Quote:Justice demands equal payment. It is not equal payment to punish a man who steals a dime with eternal pain.

This.Thumbsup

Christians: "But, but you need a bigger punishment if you offend God vs. if you offend me"
Nobody will be punished with eternal pain for murdering, or stealing, or other things. There is only one sin that will be punished with eternal pain and can not be forgiven in this life or even next life: it is sin against Holy Ghost. Not too many people commit this sin. Not too many.
I don't remember which book of the Bible says about this sin. But I can check if you want to.

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection
[+] 1 user Likes Alla's post
02-01-2014, 04:07 AM
(01-01-2014 08:26 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 07:32 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Please provide evidence that your 'witnessing of the Holy Ghost' is anything more than you just talking to yourself... Drinking Beverage
I don't mind if you think that I am talking to myself.
And when Holy Ghost testifies something I don't talk. I only listen. But I don't mind if you think that I am delusional.
Oh, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!Smile

Okay, let me be more specific.

Please provide evidence that your 'witnessing of the Holy Ghost' is anything more than you just talking to yourself in your mind. We need a verifiable record of an actual conversation between you and something else that is not you and outside of you; because having a conversation with yourself in your mind is not a conversation, it's a monologue.

Short of that, everything else you say and attempt to justify with 'because the Holy Ghost told me so' is less than fucking worthless in convincing anybody who doesn't already buy into your particular flavor of bullshit.

Also, I don't care that you don't care what I think. I think you're delusional as shit, and borderline psychotic. You're one 'revelation' away from doing serious harm and/or killing your fellow human beings. You represent some of the absolute worst aspects of blind faith, and are one of the epitomes of what's wrong in many human cultures; because your ability to distinguish fantasy from reality is broken.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
02-01-2014, 10:44 AM
(01-01-2014 08:31 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 10:20 AM)crazylikeyou Wrote:  This.Thumbsup

Nobody will be punished with eternal pain for murdering, or stealing, or other things. There is only one sin that will be punished with eternal pain and can not be forgiven in this life or even next life: it is sin against Holy Ghost. Not too many people commit this sin. Not too many.
I don't remember which book of the Bible says about this sin. But I can check if you want to.

I know all about it. When I was a stay at home mom with a new born I would pass my time by reading the bible. I used to cry myself to sleep thinking about "the unforgivable sin"

I'm sorry, but that is stupid.
The "unforgivable sin" should have more explanation in the bible don't you think? No ONE could explain it to me...everyone had a different opinion.

Hence my journey to unbelief. Yep, it's true...the best way is to study the bible! That will make you an athiest quick (after many tears, of course)
02-01-2014, 12:04 PM
(02-01-2014 10:44 AM)crazylikeyou Wrote:  I know all about it. When I was a stay at home mom with a new born I would pass my time by reading the bible. I used to cry myself to sleep thinking about "the unforgivable sin"

I'm sorry, but that is stupid.
The "unforgivable sin" should have more explanation in the bible don't you think? No ONE could explain it to me...everyone had a different opinion.

Hence my journey to unbelief. Yep, it's true...the best way is to study the bible! That will make you an athiest quick (after many tears, of course)

Yeah, I had stopped believing for a while, but it took me something like six months to be able to admit it to myself because of this. I was afraid that if I admitted out loud to not believing that I would cross that no-taksies-backsies line and end up in hell.

I agree that this notion causes a lot of unnecessary mental anguish among people.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
02-01-2014, 12:54 PM
crazylikeyou Wrote:I know all about it. When I was a stay at home mom with a new born I would pass my time by reading the bible. I used to cry myself to sleep thinking about "the unforgivable sin"
Since you bring it up, may I ask what it was specifically that brought you grief?
Of course, if you would rather not discuss it I will not press further.

"If you're going my way, I'll go with you."- Jim Croce
02-01-2014, 05:22 PM
(02-01-2014 12:54 PM)Kestrel Wrote:  
crazylikeyou Wrote:I know all about it. When I was a stay at home mom with a new born I would pass my time by reading the bible. I used to cry myself to sleep thinking about "the unforgivable sin"
Since you bring it up, may I ask what it was specifically that brought you grief?

Since the bible was the word of god I took it all to be important and true. The bible is "inspired" so when the NT writers said that it is easier for a rich man to enter the eye of a needle then heaven--I felt that like I should sell our stuff and live more poorly. I used to cry over predestination passages....few are saved passages....I can't even remember now. Also, since my nose was constantly in a bible, I noticed a lot of contradictions. I remember no one from my church could adequately answer my questions.

The fact that there was an unforgivable sin at all just upset me. Sorry I can't recall more specifics...that was three years ago.
03-01-2014, 01:55 AM
(02-01-2014 05:22 PM)crazylikeyou Wrote:  
(02-01-2014 12:54 PM)Kestrel Wrote:  Since you bring it up, may I ask what it was specifically that brought you grief?

Since the bible was the word of god I took it all to be important and true. The bible is "inspired" so when the NT writers said that it is easier for a rich man to enter the eye of a needle then heaven--I felt that like I should sell our stuff and live more poorly. I used to cry over predestination passages....few are saved passages....I can't even remember now. Also, since my nose was constantly in a bible, I noticed a lot of contradictions. I remember no one from my church could adequately answer my questions.

The fact that there was an unforgivable sin at all just upset me. Sorry I can't recall more specifics...that was three years ago.

Thanks very much for your candor and taking the time to answer.
I appreciate it.

"If you're going my way, I'll go with you."- Jim Croce