the sacrificial lamb

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-01-2014, 02:21 AM
RE: the sacrificial lamb
(02-01-2014 10:44 AM)crazylikeyou Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 08:31 PM)Alla Wrote:  Nobody will be punished with eternal pain for murdering, or stealing, or other things. There is only one sin that will be punished with eternal pain and can not be forgiven in this life or even next life: it is sin against Holy Ghost. Not too many people commit this sin. Not too many.
I don't remember which book of the Bible says about this sin. But I can check if you want to.

I know all about it. When I was a stay at home mom with a new born I would pass my time by reading the bible. I used to cry myself to sleep thinking about "the unforgivable sin"

I'm sorry, but that is stupid.
The "unforgivable sin" should have more explanation in the bible don't you think? No ONE could explain it to me...everyone had a different opinion.

Hence my journey to unbelief. Yep, it's true...the best way is to study the bible! That will make you an athiest quick (after many tears, of course)
Today is your lucky day. Smile I can explain.
Sin against the Holy Ghost - it is when a person has a testimony of Christ through the revelation from God and by the power of the Holy Ghost but then denies this testimony and turns against God's Church and persecute God's Church.
This person denies the Holy Ghost.
This person knows the truth and turns against the truth by denying it and making sure that other people do not know the truth and won't be saved. This is unforgivable sin. There is no even tiny degree of the glory for this person. This is fallen person - son of perdition.

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2014, 02:32 AM
(02-01-2014 05:22 PM)crazylikeyou Wrote:  Since the bible was the word of god I took it all to be important and true. The bible is "inspired"
Bible doesn't say that Bible is inspired of God. Bible is copy of copies of some other copies.

(02-01-2014 05:22 PM)crazylikeyou Wrote:  so when the NT writers said that it is easier for a rich man to enter the eye of a needle then heaven--I felt that like I should sell our stuff and live more poorly.
Jesus didn't teach that everybody has to sell his/her stuff and give to the poor. He asked only young rich men to do this. And only for one reason. That was the only thing young man didn't want to do in order to follow Jesus. If it was for him very hard to do. It would be for him to big of a sacrifice.
Jesus didn't teach to sell stuff to become poor but He was teaching that in order to follow Him/to become His disciple someone has to learn to do sacrifice(whatever it might be).

(02-01-2014 05:22 PM)crazylikeyou Wrote:  I used to cry over predestination passages....few are saved passages....I can't even remember now.
You shouldn't cry over that. If you knew that we lived with God before we were born on earth you would understand what prophet meant.
I can explain but only if you like to hear it.

(02-01-2014 05:22 PM)crazylikeyou Wrote:  Also, since my nose was constantly in a bible, I noticed a lot of contradictions. I remember no one from my church could adequately answer my questions.
May be I can answer some of your questions? Just for fun.Smile

03-01-2014, 02:53 AM
(03-01-2014 02:32 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(02-01-2014 05:22 PM)crazylikeyou Wrote:  I used to cry over predestination passages....few are saved passages....I can't even remember now.
You shouldn't cry over that. If you knew that we lived with God before we were born on earth you would understand what prophet meant.
I can explain but only if you like to hear it.

Fuck, someone get Bucky in here asap! This is his jurisdiction. Dodgy

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
03-01-2014, 03:51 AM
(03-01-2014 02:21 AM)Alla Wrote:  Today is your lucky day. Smile I can explain.
Alla,
I have read many of your posts, as well as others before I joined the board.
I have no reason at all to doubt your declared faith.
Yet you disrespect crazylikeyou by answering a question that was not asked. She very clearly stated that her understanding of her faith brought her a significant grief. She also clearly states that she is far more comfortable and at peace with her current views.
What you are doing here, in your response, is an imposition as well as a diminishment of God.
Your intentions, while I believe them to be good, are unasked for and unwanted.
I do understand that if I am mistaken in my assessment of crazylikeyou's position that she will correct me.

My larger point is that your post has a very real possibility to belittle crazylikeyou's genuine experience and feelings. A right that no believer has been endowed with.

"If you're going my way, I'll go with you."- Jim Croce
[+] 1 user Likes Kestrel's post
03-01-2014, 07:04 AM
(03-01-2014 02:21 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(02-01-2014 10:44 AM)crazylikeyou Wrote:  I know all about it. When I was a stay at home mom with a new born I would pass my time by reading the bible. I used to cry myself to sleep thinking about "the unforgivable sin"

The "unforgivable sin" should have more explanation in the bible don't you think? No ONE could explain it to me...everyone had a different opinion.

Hence my journey to unbelief. Yep, it's true...the best way is to study the bible! That will make you an athiest quick (after many tears, of course)
Sin against the Holy Ghost - it is when a person has a testimony of Christ through the revelation from God and by the power of the Holy Ghost but then denies this testimony and turns against God's Church and persecute God's Church.
This person knows the truth and turns against the truth by denying it and making sure that other people do not know the truth and won't be saved. This is unforgivable sin. There is no even tiny degree of the glory for this person. This is fallen person - son of perdition.

Denying the reality of a delusion is unforgivable?
So, when I choose sanity over insanity, that is unforgivable?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
03-01-2014, 07:27 AM
(02-01-2014 10:44 AM)crazylikeyou Wrote:  I know all about it. When I was a stay at home mom with a new born I would pass my time by reading the bible. I used to cry myself to sleep thinking about "the unforgivable sin"

That is your interpretation. There is no commentary for the bible written by the holy spirit.
Talk to others about the unforgivable sin. Heck, even google it.
Everyone believes something different.

That is why we have countless christian denominations.

Catholics at least have it somewhat right in that they realize there needs to be an authority to interpret the bible (hence why there is only one catholic church yet countless protestant denominations)
03-01-2014, 11:33 AM

May I suggest that the Holy Spirit (or whomever) stops giving these testimonies? They look, by far, more risky than no testimony at all. Don't you think?

If we think about it, spreading the Gospel is equivalent to spreading the Badspel. Ignorance of Jesus, Holy Ghosts, etc. would be bliss, if your theory is correct.

Ciao

- viole
[+] 1 user Likes viole's post
03-01-2014, 12:04 PM
(03-01-2014 07:04 AM)Chas Wrote:  Denying the reality of a delusion is unforgivable?
So, when I choose sanity over insanity, that is unforgivable?

Only if you believe it is. Tongue
03-01-2014, 08:17 PM
(03-01-2014 07:27 AM)crazylikeyou Wrote:  Catholics at least have it somewhat right in that they realize there needs to be an authority to interpret the bible
yes, they understand this right. So do LDS(Mormons). The only people who have this authority from God are HIS PROPHETS.
Catholic Church doesn't have living Prophets and living Apostles.

If God wants to do some great work He does it through His Prophets. To write Scriptures and to interpret them is the mission of God's Prophets.
I follow God's Prophets teachings.

03-01-2014, 08:24 PM
(03-01-2014 03:51 AM)Kestrel Wrote:  Alla,
I have read many of your posts, as well as others before I joined the board.
I have no reason at all to doubt your declared faith.
Yet you disrespect crazylikeyou by answering a question that was not asked.
I didn't know that by doing this I will disrespect her. If I did I sincerely apologize.

(03-01-2014 03:51 AM)Kestrel Wrote:  She very clearly stated that her understanding of her faith brought her a significant grief. She also clearly states that she is far more comfortable and at peace with her current views.
I noticed.

(03-01-2014 03:51 AM)Kestrel Wrote:  What you are doing here, in your response, is an imposition as well as a diminishment of God.
Your intentions, while I believe them to be good, are unasked for and unwanted.
I do understand that if I am mistaken in my assessment of crazylikeyou's position that she will correct me.
I gave her an opportunity to hear one more answer. She doesn't have to accept what I offered to her(an answer). But she deserves to have an opportunity finally to hear it.