the secrete they want tell you{angels= mermaids}

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-08-2017, 11:35 AM
the secrete they want tell you{angels= mermaids}
I love how ancient people used to think. i.e.
ancient person: hevean is in the sky above a great firmament that holds back a great unending ocean.
Me:why can't you see the angels then.. ancient person: because they are above the firmament....
me:....0.o... {que twilight zone music.

no literally though with that logic isn't it more likely to see mermaids in hevean than winged ones. swimming the tides of their great ocean god. It makes since to me. it would be hot two because hell is down and heat rises.

whats your thoughts on this.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-08-2017, 12:16 PM
RE: the secrete they want tell you{angels= mermaids}
Yes they could have imagined any sort of beings up there, but since it's in the sky and they didn't have a conceptual framework to even think of space as a vacuum, it seemed that such beings would need wings. The rest is history.
[+] 1 user Likes mordant's post
20-08-2017, 12:55 PM
Can I haz spell cheker?

(Include cute cat jpg)

When I shake my ignore file, I can hear them buzzing!

Cheerful Charlie
[+] 2 users Like Cheerful Charlie's post
20-08-2017, 01:01 PM
Hmm, so that's why we have global warming. Too many people in hell and the heat rising....Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
20-08-2017, 01:35 PM
Mermaids cannot = angels. There are no female angels in heaven. Only men. The bible is sexist that way, in keeping with all the other ways it is sexist.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
20-08-2017, 01:42 PM
angel=merman then....roflao.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
20-08-2017, 03:37 PM
The Rainbow Serpent is a creator common deity in the mythology and is more-than-common in Australian aborigines dream-time legends and beliefs. It's named for the obvious similarities between a rainbow's shape, and the shape of snakes.

Anthropologists believe that the link between rainbows and snakes suggests the cycle of the seasons, and the importance of water to the inherently nomadic aborigines. When they see the rainbow in the sky, it's said to be the Rainbow Serpent moving from one waterhole to the next, and this divine concept explained why some waterholes never dried up during droughts.

There's innumerable names and legends associated with this serpent, all of which communicate the significance and power of this being within Aboriginal traditions. It's viewed as a giver of life, through its association with water, but can be a destructive force if angry, as when storms hit.

The Rainbow Serpent is one of the most common and well known Aboriginal stories, and is also one of the oldest continuing religious beliefs in the world—and continues to be a cultural influence even today.

—So endeth today's lesson. Smartass

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 4 users Like SYZ's post
20-08-2017, 03:45 PM
This unknown vacuum was even carried over into fairly modern times. I'm a Project Gutenberg proofer, and we've seen turn of the century science fiction that showed the belief in ether in space.
20-08-2017, 03:51 PM
(20-08-2017 03:37 PM)SYZ Wrote:  The Rainbow Serpent is a creator common deity in the mythology and is more-than-common in Australian aborigines dream-time legends and beliefs. It's named for the obvious similarities between a rainbow's shape, and the shape of snakes.

Anthropologists believe that the link between rainbows and snakes suggests the cycle of the seasons, and the importance of water to the inherently nomadic aborigines. When they see the rainbow in the sky, it's said to be the Rainbow Serpent moving from one waterhole to the next, and this divine concept explained why some waterholes never dried up during droughts.

There's innumerable names and legends associated with this serpent, all of which communicate the significance and power of this being within Aboriginal traditions. It's viewed as a giver of life, through its association with water, but can be a destructive force if angry, as when storms hit.

The Rainbow Serpent is one of the most common and well known Aboriginal stories, and is also one of the oldest continuing religious beliefs in the world—and continues to be a cultural influence even today.

—So endeth today's lesson. Smartass

That's pretty interesting...thanks. Thumbsup

I like hearing how certain myths came about.

@Charlie - kunox can be a bit challenging when first reading his posts but there aren't many here who can take a ribbing like he can with such good humor. Yes

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
20-08-2017, 04:05 PM
(20-08-2017 01:35 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  Mermaids cannot = angels. There are no female angels in heaven. Only men. The bible is sexist that way, in keeping with all the other ways it is sexist.

> What about this one:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angel#/med...zengel.jpg