the stupid in South Carolina never stops

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-04-2014, 07:40 AM
RE: the stupid in South Carolina never stops
Texas always talks about succeeding from the US. I just wish we could kick SC out of the US.

There are worse states I'm sure, but really they aren't smart enough to leave their own borders (hello Mississippi ), but SC (and Arizona), have just enough smarts to let the rest of the world know when they are being idiots.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2014, 07:55 AM
yesterday in SC.....

SPARTANBURG, S.C. (AP) -- A woman has been arrested after falsely reporting a shooting at a Spartanburg school on April Fools' Day.

Spartanburg County Sheriff Chuck Wright says more than a dozen of his deputies responded to Virginia College on Tuesday morning. Wright says a woman had called 911, saying she got a text from her mother who reported that shots had been fired at the campus and that she was hiding.

When the mother didn't respond to another message, Wright says the daughter called 911.

Deputies arrived and found no shooting in progress. Wright says 54-year-old Angela Timmons admitted that she had mentioned the shooting as a prank.

Timmons is a Virginia College employee. She was jailed Tuesday on a charge of disturbing schools, and online records listed no attorney for her.

02-04-2014, 07:56 AM
After 20 years in SC, TX is a breath of fresh air...that's how bad SC really is.

I started out there on a military base which is a world unto itself filled with people of diverse backgrounds. When I stayed there after my divorce, it was a rude awakening to find that outside the boundaries of the base was a place so backward, uneducated, racist, and teeming with Bible thumpers.

As time went on, I was often slack-jawed at things I saw and heard. KKK rallies that were publicly advertised being one that just about sent me over the edge. I felt like I had been thrown back in time.

Here in TX, I don't deal with people much. My kids are no longer in school so I don't have that to contend with that BS. I like being near a city that offers so much and am sure that my cancer adventure would have had very different results had I remained in SC.

Still, when TX is a vast improvement...something is really wrong.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
02-04-2014, 07:58 AM
(02-04-2014 07:55 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  yesterday in SC.....

SPARTANBURG, S.C. (AP) -- A woman has been arrested after falsely reporting a shooting at a Spartanburg school on April Fools' Day.

Spartanburg County Sheriff Chuck Wright says more than a dozen of his deputies responded to Virginia College on Tuesday morning. Wright says a woman had called 911, saying she got a text from her mother who reported that shots had been fired at the campus and that she was hiding.

When the mother didn't respond to another message, Wright says the daughter called 911.

Deputies arrived and found no shooting in progress. Wright says 54-year-old Angela Timmons admitted that she had mentioned the shooting as a prank.

Timmons is a Virginia College employee. She was jailed Tuesday on a charge of disturbing schools, and online records listed no attorney for her.

Argh, Just. ERK. GOD DAMMIT, PEOPLE!

[Image: weapons-grade-facepalm-106847413941.jpeg]

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
02-04-2014, 07:59 AM
I would gladly pay to keep TX if it meant that we could get rid of SC. Smile

[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
02-04-2014, 08:00 AM
If I could only drag my younger daughter and her two kids out of there, I would never give that miserable state another thought.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
02-04-2014, 08:28 AM
I think it’s a good idea to designate the mammoth as the state fossil, I don’t have a problem with that. I just felt like it’d be a good thing to acknowledge the creator of the fossils,” Bryant told the Daily Beast.

Lt. Gov. Glenn McConnell blocked the proposed amendment because it introduced a new subject. He has since amended the amendment to describe the Columbian Mammoth as “created on the Sixth Day with the beasts of the field.”

[attachment=2018]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
02-04-2014, 08:31 AM
I'm gonna be honest....Texas should go along with the Carolinas. Along with the rest of the south.

But alas that will never happen Lol.

*Edit* and those of you who live there should escape before the stupidity suffocates you.
02-04-2014, 08:33 AM
(02-04-2014 08:31 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I'm gonna be honest....Texas should go along with the Carolinas. Along with the rest of the south.

*Edit* and those of you who live there should escape before the stupidity suffocates you.

I like both those states, though. They're great places to vacation. Can't we just kick out the idiots that live there and turn them into giant theme parks or something?

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
02-04-2014, 08:34 AM
(02-04-2014 08:33 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(02-04-2014 08:31 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I'm gonna be honest....Texas should go along with the Carolinas. Along with the rest of the south.

I like both those states, though. They're great places to vacation. Can't we just kick out the idiots that live there and turn them into giant theme parks or something?

We could try. We'd -have- to make theme parks because after all the stupid was gone it would closely resemble ghost states.