the true immortal being has been discovered

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-07-2015, 10:20 AM
the true immortal being has been discovered
sort of

the last line in the biological immortality part was the best part, scientists are studying this little guy to help with developing ways to regenerate tissue

I have no idea when this lil guy was discovered but I'm sure glad it was found Smile

I wonder how the religious nuts will try to defend their religion when scientists come up with new treatments based on this lil guys regenerative capabilities
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Ace's post
12-07-2015, 10:24 AM
RE: the true immortal being has been discovered
(12-07-2015 10:20 AM)Ace Wrote:  sort of

the last line in the biological immortality part was the best part, scientists are studying this little guy to help with developing ways to regenerate tissue

I have no idea when this lil guy was discovered but I'm sure glad it was found Smile

I wonder how the religious nuts will try to defend their religion when scientists come up with new treatments based on this lil guys regenerative capabilities

Easy.. God put it there for us to discover!
[+] 2 users Like TheStraightener's post
12-07-2015, 10:29 AM
(12-07-2015 10:24 AM)TheStraightener Wrote:  
(12-07-2015 10:20 AM)Ace Wrote:  sort of

Easy.. God put it there for us to discover!

No, no, no...Satan put it there to deceive us.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
12-07-2015, 03:17 PM
Was expecting something Axolotl like, not a dang oh jelly

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
13-07-2015, 05:18 AM
Didn't Sheldon Cooper speak of this on The Big Bang Theory...or was it Raj...?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
13-07-2015, 05:41 AM
I always like comparing stuff like this with biblical assertions about nature. The bible never addresses the mortality of animals, probably most would say god assigned the number of days of animals along with mankind in Genesis.

Though this in itself is stupid, generally animals live in proportion to their inherent metabolic rate that's evolved over time. Turtles can live longer than humans, around 150 years, fruit flies live for a few days, hamsters live around 2-3 years, the bowhead whale can live around 200 years.

WTF? Does god have different levels of anger at different species of animals? What did he get angry at them for?

God-assigned mortality limits make absolutely no sense, it's totally nutty to even consider.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
13-07-2015, 06:42 AM
(13-07-2015 05:41 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  I always like comparing stuff like this with biblical assertions about nature. The bible never addresses the mortality of animals, probably most would say god assigned the number of days of animals along with mankind in Genesis.

Though this in itself is stupid, generally animals live in proportion to their inherent metabolic rate that's evolved over time. Turtles can live longer than humans, around 150 years, fruit flies live for a few days, hamsters live around 2-3 years, the bowhead whale can live around 200 years.

WTF? Does god have different levels of anger at different species of animals? What did he get angry at them for?

God-assigned mortality limits make absolutely no sense, it's totally nutty to even consider.

He must have been really angry with the dinosaurs!

Why oh why?? Weeping

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
13-07-2015, 07:47 AM
Don't fuck with the water bear though. Angry

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
13-07-2015, 01:13 PM
My Invertebrate Zoology professor was an expert on Milnesium tardigradum, and its various "Water Bear" relations. So as part of our labwork, we did a lot of field surveys in the local parks, collecting these little beauties and observing/classifying/counting them.

It's the reason I eventually went into field biology instead of viral genetics, which was my original reason for entering my major field of study.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
14-07-2015, 06:48 AM
(13-07-2015 07:47 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Don't fuck with the water bear though. Angry

why is it called a water bear ?