the worlds truest evil

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-09-2014, 02:52 PM
the worlds truest evil

ignorance

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kunoxian drive's post
22-09-2014, 04:48 PM
RE: the worlds truest evil
Ignorance is bliss huh? I have noticed this for a while, I guess I just never really thought about it. I guess if there was a way to shut it off, It might not become a problem. You know, like have the option to use it. Like parental controls for example.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
28-09-2014, 08:50 PM
Interesting...

Since you've posted this in the Skepticism, Pseudoscience and Conspiracy Theories section, is the video implying that this is a conspiracy? That social media is deliberately designed to isolate us from differing opinions?

Or is it that we've reached a point in which our desire to be entertained, and the marketability of tailored entertainment and advertisement has effectively created a bubble around us, in which we are isolated from the world at large... In which the music Amazon, iTunes and Spotify recommends is based on what we're likely to buy and keep buying or viewing, and not about encouraging us to try new and different things?

It wasn't so long ago that the internet's main selling point seemed to be the unlimited access to information... The term "information super highway" sounded very cool and catchy about 15 years ago. Opening up a vast collection of human knowledge and thinking. That the internet would make us all smarter. But now it seems to be more about "on demand", with entertainment and convenience as the main selling points... And it risks effectively turning us into mindless consumer zombies.

I've found myself just how seductive it can be, when an expensive purchase is just a mouse click away... If the transaction involved handing over actual, physical cash I might have hesitated... But when the act is reduced to something so disconnected, it becomes so much easier to part with your hard earned money.

I do think the trend towards filtered content, targeted advertising and tailored entertainment does have a sinister element to it. Perhaps its simply because the sole motive for all of it isn't for our convenience or pleasure, but simply because it makes it so much easier to separate us from our money... And it risks turning the dream of an open world online, into the nightmare of a closed world, in which we only see the world the way we want it to be, rendering us intellectually impotent... Much in the way religion does.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Sam's post
28-09-2014, 09:12 PM
One of the reasons I like spending time here. Given the nature of this forum there can be a tendency for likemindedness on topics to occur. But the overall diversity of the people that post here gives me perspectives and viewpoints from around the world that I wouldn't get if only relying on google.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
28-09-2014, 09:47 PM
I want a feed that knows me completely and then sends me links to stuff I don't know or have never thought in the context of the thought I'm having right now.

Actually, this Brave New World is avoidable. Just don't sign up for anything, download nothing and buy nothing.

Easy!

Drinking Beverage

29-09-2014, 03:00 AM
I thought this thread was going to be about vegetables. Those things are really the worlds truest evil Laugh out load

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
03-10-2014, 07:29 PM
This is the coolest video ...thanks for sharing it. I'm curious though as to why the two google searches between his friends, on the exact same term, turned up different results? Unsure I just need some clarity on that part.

Be true to yourself. Heart
04-10-2014, 06:27 AM
(29-09-2014 03:00 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  I thought this thread was going to be about vegetables. Those things are really the worlds truest evil Laugh out load

Says you, I FUCKING LOVE VEGETABLES!

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
04-10-2014, 06:29 AM
(04-10-2014 06:27 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(29-09-2014 03:00 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  I thought this thread was going to be about vegetables. Those things are really the worlds truest evil Laugh out load

Some are alright. I love eating cold baby carrots and broccoli is good but like cabbage, yuck.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
04-10-2014, 06:30 AM
(04-10-2014 06:27 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  

I dunno the wheelchair is very hard to eat.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense