the year 2014

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-12-2014, 11:25 PM
RE: the year 2014
"I have to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time...since you've been mine".
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes freetoreason's post
22-12-2014, 04:51 AM
The world is going to hell in a hand basket, but then, it's been doing that for eons.

For me, it was my first year in full retirement and I LOVE it. Thumbsup

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
22-12-2014, 06:13 AM
One good item of news.

9 June – The teaching of creationism is banned from free schools and academies.

What do you mean Life is short. It's the longest thing you're going to do.
[+] 1 user Likes stevec's post
22-12-2014, 06:32 AM
Fuck 2014. Pretty sure those words will be my New Year's toast.

Perseverance - toughest word in the English language, I'm making it my bitch in 2015.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
22-12-2014, 06:44 AM
(21-12-2014 07:06 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  was shit.

would everyone agree with me in that review?

I spent about half of 2013 and most of 2014 renovating a house; however, we moved in at the tail end of November, so I find myself looking back on the whole thing with rosier-than-normal glasses.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
22-12-2014, 06:58 AM
Really incredibly shite start to the year and it's been mediocre since.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
22-12-2014, 07:22 AM
Random thoughts about 2014:

At my stage in life if no one close to you dies it's a good year.

Spent more time underwater than ever before, more than 300 dives, many collecting data to help scientists write papers.

Made a new commitment to fitness and I'm really happy how quickly my body has taken to it.

Spent a shitload of time on TTA, so to all of you guys that help keep me from setting churches on fire a heartfelt thanks!

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 5 users Like Full Circle's post
22-12-2014, 09:28 AM
Quote:so to all of you guys that help keep me from setting churches on fire

We're doing it wrong guys...

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
22-12-2014, 04:37 PM
Well, it's certainly the case that the period from Nov 12 2013 to Sep 23 2014 was especially difficult for some people.

Then the stretch from Dec 3 2013 to Oct 19 2014 was comparatively even more miserable for another batch of mankind.

The span from Nov 8 2013 to Jan 16 2015 has a very low probability of turning out well for several people in all parts of the globe and they may as well chuck it in and concede it'll on balance be more negative than uplifting.

On the other hand, a number of people found their experiences between Dec 9 2013 and Dec 2 2014 to be the best period of life they'd yet enjoyed, such that on the Quarrelometer Scale their net coefficient of "Whadda Great Year, Yeah?" completely cancels out the first group's and 15/32 of the second group's index of general misery.

The ratio of individuals casting opinions presuming to speak for the whole of mankind did increase slightly during the period from Sep 26 2013 to Dec 22 2014, which ran the Quarrelometer back about half a needlewidth.
22-12-2014, 05:06 PM
(21-12-2014 07:06 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  was shit.

would everyone agree with me in that review?

This was my most academically successful year yet.
So it wan't too bad... There was plenty of shit though.

You know, I remember thinking 'this is going to be a very interesting year in history' early in; when stuff around the globe happened. I believe I was incorrect.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.