theist to agnostic to atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-01-2014, 12:27 PM
RE: theist to agnostic to atheist
(13-01-2014 12:21 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  So are you retarded or just illiterate?
Well, he says "theism is binary" and theism is defined as "belief in gods" so can you explain how you can divide a group of people who all believe in gods into two groups where one group consists of people who do not believe in gods?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-01-2014, 12:29 PM
(13-01-2014 12:13 PM)Artie Wrote:  You say "theism is binary". Then split theism into two groups. Atheism is not one group of theism.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaahhhhhh!

No. People is the set. They are divided into theists and atheists. I'm not dividing theists into theists into atheists.

Fucking Christ.
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post
13-01-2014, 12:37 PM
(13-01-2014 10:56 AM)Artie Wrote:  To RobbyPants:

There is one easy way you can prove to us that "theism is binary". Simply take a group of one hundred theists and divide them into two groups: theists and atheists. If you can do that I will admit theism is binary. Smile

OK, so you wind up with one group of one hundred in the space reserved for theists and one group of zero in the space reserved for atheists.

Was that supposed to be difficult? Hobo

....is this guy a Brownshit sockpuppet?

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
13-01-2014, 12:41 PM
(13-01-2014 09:47 AM)Artie Wrote:  
(13-01-2014 09:15 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Yes and both of those group are Atheists. 2 question Belief and Knowledge both are binary. Do you actively believe in a god Y/N? Are you sure there is/isn't a god Y/N? If the answer to question 1 is N Atheist. Not that hard to figure out.
Why don't you rewrite this post so it's possible to figure out what it's supposed to mean?
It is perfectly understandable. The fact that YOU can't figure it out is solely YOUR problem and failure.

13-01-2014, 12:47 PM
(13-01-2014 12:29 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaahhhhhh!

No. People is the set. They are divided into theists and atheists. I'm not dividing theists into theists into atheists.

Fucking Christ.
From your post number 9 and I quote you:
"Theism is binary."

From your post number 24 and I quote you:
"It is binary."

From your post number 45 and I quote you:
"I said theism is binary,"

From your post number 60 and I quote you:
"Theism is still binary."

Since you are now taking back those statements and saying that it is the set of "people" that can be divided into "theists" and "atheists" and not theism or the set of "theists" I agree.
13-01-2014, 12:55 PM
(13-01-2014 12:47 PM)Artie Wrote:  

Fucking Christ.
From your post number 9 and I quote you:
"Theism is binary."

"It is binary."

Since you are now taking back those statements and saying that it is the set of "people" that can be divided into "theists" and "atheists" and not theism or the set of "theists" I agree.

Are you a theist (do you believe in a god or gods)? Y/N.

What's the problem.

13-01-2014, 12:58 PM
(13-01-2014 12:47 PM)Artie Wrote:  From your post number 9 and I quote you:
"Theism is binary."

"It is binary."

From post number 72, I quote me:

Fucking Christ.

Note the part where I said the set is people.

Fucking double-Christ.

Artie, are you fucking with me? Seriously. Go take a course or two in discrete mathematics before you say anything else about set theory.
13-01-2014, 12:59 PM
(13-01-2014 12:55 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Are you a theist (do you believe in a god or gods)? Y/N.

What's the problem.
No problem with that. The problem was that he was claiming that "theism is binary" and could be divided into theism and atheism.
13-01-2014, 01:04 PM
(13-01-2014 12:58 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Artie, are you fucking with me? Seriously. Go take a course or two in discrete mathematics before you say anything else about set theory.
Have you been fucking with us by claiming four times that "theism is binary" and could be divided into theism and atheism?
13-01-2014, 01:07 PM
(13-01-2014 01:04 PM)Artie Wrote:  
(13-01-2014 12:58 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Artie, are you fucking with me? Seriously. Go take a course or two in discrete mathematics before you say anything else about set theory.
Have you been fucking with us by claiming four times that "theism is binary" and could be divided into theism and atheism?

I never said that, you fucking asshole! I said that the set of people is what is being divided into the two subsets of theism and atheism. This is the third time I've said this, now, and you are ignoring it. You are either fucking with me, of you do not understand set theory.

If it's the former, fuck off. If it's the latter, rest assured that I've had several courses in discrete structures, and I understand boolean algebra and logical operators, and I use them on a daily basis in my career.

Stop talking about dividing theism into two sets. No one here is talking about that.