theist to agnostic to atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-01-2014, 01:15 PM
RE: theist to agnostic to atheist
(13-01-2014 01:07 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  [quote='Artie' pid='465789' dateline='1389639877']
Have you been fucking with us by claiming four times that "theism is binary" and could be divided into theism and atheism?
Quote:I never said that, you fucking asshole!
From your post number 9 and I quote exactly what you said:
"Theism is binary. You either believe in one or more gods, or you don't. If you don't, you're atheist."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-01-2014, 01:18 PM
(13-01-2014 12:59 PM)Artie Wrote:  
(13-01-2014 12:55 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Are you a theist (do you believe in a god or gods)? Y/N.

What's the problem.
No problem with that. The problem was that he was claiming that "theism is binary" and could be divided into theism and atheism.

Oh, look, an attempt at semantic prestidigitation through quoting out-of-context.
Robby's Post 9:

"Theism is binary. You either believe in one or more gods, or you don't. If you don't, you're atheist."

He explained himself quite adequately. To what point and purpose are you misrepresenting what he has said?

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 3 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
13-01-2014, 01:20 PM
(13-01-2014 01:15 PM)Artie Wrote:  From your post number 9 and I quote exactly what you said:

Yes. Both are subsets of people. People are being divided into two groups, not theists. This is the fourth time I'm telling you this, and you keep ignoring it. You either have no idea what you're talking about, or you're fucking with me.

I went through your post history and noticed almost every post is in this thread. Almost every other post is you saying the same claptrap about theism not being binary. I am done reading your posts, as it looks like you have nothing of use to add, either due to ignorance or outright trolling.
13-01-2014, 01:23 PM
(13-01-2014 01:18 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  He explained himself quite adequately. To what point and purpose are you misrepresenting what he has said?
Is theism binary and a theist believes in one or more gods, or don't?
13-01-2014, 01:25 PM
(13-01-2014 01:23 PM)Artie Wrote:  
(13-01-2014 01:18 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  He explained himself quite adequately. To what point and purpose are you misrepresenting what he has said?
Is theism binary and a theist believes in one or more gods, or don't?

You already admitted that you have no problem whatsoever with my restatement of Robbie's precise position.

What part of you just shot yourself in the face are you failing to grasp?

[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
13-01-2014, 01:33 PM
(13-01-2014 01:20 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Almost every other post is you saying the same claptrap about theism not being binary. I am done reading your posts, as it looks like you have nothing of use to add, either due to ignorance or outright trolling.
OK. Since you now appear to understand that theism is not binary as you claimed four times I can consider this conversation over.
13-01-2014, 01:37 PM
(13-01-2014 01:25 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  What part of you just shot yourself in the face are you failing to grasp?
He has now understood that theism isn't binary so there's no point continuing.
13-01-2014, 01:40 PM
(13-01-2014 01:33 PM)Artie Wrote:  
(13-01-2014 01:20 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Almost every other post is you saying the same claptrap about theism not being binary. I am done reading your posts, as it looks like you have nothing of use to add, either due to ignorance or outright trolling.
OK. Since you now appear to understand that theism is not binary as you claimed four times I can consider this conversation over.

You don't even know what binary means. Hobo

(13-01-2014 01:37 PM)Artie Wrote:  
(13-01-2014 01:25 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  What part of you just shot yourself in the face are you failing to grasp?
He has now understood that theism isn't binary so there's no point continuing.

He didn't say that at all.

[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
13-01-2014, 02:57 PM
(13-01-2014 01:40 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  He didn't say that at all.
Since he now says and I quote: "People are being divided into two groups, not theists." and not "theism is binary" he has obviously gotten the point and no further conversation with him is necessary at this time unless he should make other inaccurate statements requiring rectification or clarification.
13-01-2014, 03:43 PM
(13-01-2014 02:57 PM)Artie Wrote:  
(13-01-2014 01:40 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  He didn't say that at all.
....he has obviously gotten the point and no further conversation with him is necessary at this time unless he should make other inaccurate statements requiring rectification or clarification.

He didn't say that at all.

READING COMPREHENSION. Get some. Hobo