....then you might just be a troll

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-03-2013, 01:50 PM
....then you might just be a troll
The purpose of this thread is to call out trollish behavior in this forum. The following is the Wikipedia definition of "troll".

"In Internet slang, a troll (pron.: /ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is someone who posts inflammatory,[1]extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion."

I'll start it off.

If you have to refer to Jesus Christ as Jeebus, then you might just be a troll.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-03-2013, 01:51 PM
RE: ....then you might just be a troll
If you have been called out as a troll on a forum and then start a thread calling other forum members trolls, you might just be a troll.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 15 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
21-03-2013, 01:53 PM
Can I call out this thread? Or is that too meta?
[+] 1 user Likes PoolBoyG's post
21-03-2013, 01:53 PM
(21-03-2013 01:53 PM)poolboyg88 Wrote:  Can I call out this thread? Or is that too meta?
I beat you to it! Laughat

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
21-03-2013, 01:54 PM
(21-03-2013 01:51 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  If you have been called out as a troll on a forum and then start a thread calling other forum members trolls, you might just be a troll.

Good thing I've never called anyone a troll.
21-03-2013, 01:54 PM
(21-03-2013 01:50 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  The purpose of this thread is to call out trollish behavior in this forum. The following is the Wikipedia definition of "troll".

"In Internet slang, a troll (pron.: /ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is someone who posts inflammatory,[1]extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion."

I'll start it off.

If you have to refer to Jesus Christ as Jeebus, then you might just be a troll.
Ummm Consider

—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 3 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
21-03-2013, 01:57 PM
(21-03-2013 01:53 PM)poolboyg88 Wrote:  Can I call out this thread? Or is that too meta?

Yes you can call starting a thread like this as the mark of a troll if you think this thread was meant to be inflammatory.
21-03-2013, 02:08 PM
Thanks, Wood.

There's been a lot of trollish behaviour round these parts lately, and most of it in the guise of calling someone else a troll.

Makes me sick frankly.

If you chase someone around from thread to thread, saying the same things about the person and nothing about the topic in the individual thread, then you might just be a troll.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
[+] 1 user Likes Ghost's post
21-03-2013, 02:13 PM
(21-03-2013 02:08 PM)Ghost Wrote:  Thanks, Wood.

There's been a lot of trollish behaviour round these parts lately, and most of it in the guise of calling someone else a troll.

Makes me sick frankly.

If you chase someone around from thread to thread, saying the same things about the person and nothing about the topic in the individual thread, then you might just be a troll.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
Ghost is such a pathetic username. Laughat

—Thomas Henry Huxley
21-03-2013, 02:31 PM (This post was last modified: 21-03-2013 02:57 PM by Bucky Ball.)
If you call one of the world greatest Evolutionary Biologists wrong, you might just be a troll.
If you have the largest library of articles on the Bible on the board, in the resourse library, you might just NOT be a troll, even though of late one's patience has run out with the theist trolls who think they have something unique to say, yet NEVER DO.
If you have a -8, and are calling others a troll, you might just be a troll.
If you think you're here to "challenge" people, you ARE a troll, then change your story, and say you only want to be refuted.
If you think you'll EVER get Bucky to stop calling that dead guy, Yeshua ben Josef "Jebus", you're sadly mistaken. Smile
If you have never written anything with correct spelling and English grammar, you just might be a troll.
If you come here with a name like Hey-would-ya-blow-me, you ARE a troll.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 10 users Like Bucky Ball's post