....then you might just be a troll

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-03-2013, 04:20 PM
RE: ....then you might just be a troll
(21-03-2013 02:36 PM)darthbreezy Wrote:  I don't think calling Jesus "Jebus" is trolling behavior...
He went as far as citing the definition, and it appears to fit definition #1 just fine.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-03-2013, 04:34 PM
(21-03-2013 03:23 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  If you have to ridicule another forum members name.....well then you just might be a troll.

I just don't know what to say. I am sofa king we todd did.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
21-03-2013, 04:51 PM
(21-03-2013 04:20 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  
(21-03-2013 02:36 PM)darthbreezy Wrote:  I don't think calling Jesus "Jebus" is trolling behavior...

He went as far as citing the definition, and it appears to fit definition #1 just fine.

I don't think it is. If this were a Christian forum, it would be a troll word. In my post, I went as far to say I think it's ridiculous so I don't do it. This is exactly like going to the TTA Facebook page and saying we're not allowed to make fun of god. I'm not disagreeing that it's childish to say Jebus, but like I said, I don't go into the jungle and get pissed when I get eaten or mauled. If you don't want people to make fun of something, don't go to the EXACT place where it will be made fun of. Yes, it's your right to do so, but don't be surprised to not be completely accepted as a non-troll right away.

Keep your rosaries out of my ovaries, and your theology out of my biology.
"If you could reason with religious people, there would be no religious people." --Dr. House
[+] 1 user Likes darthbreezy's post
21-03-2013, 05:10 PM (This post was last modified: 21-03-2013 05:14 PM by Heywood Jahblome.)
(21-03-2013 04:17 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  
(21-03-2013 01:50 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  If you have to refer to Jesus Christ as Jeebus, then you might just be a troll.

I do understand the purpose of this thread, though, and think it simply won't be as useful and you would hope. You have to realize that by insulting people who are insulting your deity, you're just giving them fodder for rationalizing and self-justifying it further. They'll say, "it's fair to do to him because he's doing it to me".

I tried to set the tone of this thread to be critical of certain behaviors and not to be critical of any specific individuals. We can disscuss what is and isn't trollish behavior as a group, then individually make judgements about our own behavior.

No need to say so and so is a troll....that would be a pointless witch hunt.
[+] 1 user Likes Heywood Jahblome's post
21-03-2013, 05:34 PM
Can I just suggest moving this thread to another sub forum seeing as it has absolutely nothing to do with atheism or theism.

Just a cry for attention.

If God exists I hope he has a good excuse -Woody Allen
[+] 2 users Like Thoughtful Nate's post
21-03-2013, 07:48 PM
(21-03-2013 05:34 PM)Thoughtful Nate Wrote:  Can I just suggest moving this thread to another sub forum seeing as it has absolutely nothing to do with atheism or theism.

Hear, hear!

Keep your rosaries out of my ovaries, and your theology out of my biology.
"If you could reason with religious people, there would be no religious people." --Dr. House
[+] 1 user Likes darthbreezy's post
21-03-2013, 09:12 PM
(21-03-2013 05:34 PM)Thoughtful Nate Wrote:  Can I just suggest moving this thread to another sub forum seeing as it has absolutely nothing to do with atheism or theism.

It might technically belong in another sub forum, but I think the lion share of trolling happens here. If the mods want to move it I'm not going to question their discretion.

Also, If you claim someone is just crying for attention.....then you just might be a troll.
21-03-2013, 09:36 PM
I don't want to blow you, and I sure don't need to know you, as you bigot your way through trolling an Atheist site.

Doh wait. What are we doing again?
[+] 1 user Likes Lienda Bella's post
21-03-2013, 10:25 PM
(21-03-2013 09:12 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Also, If you claim someone is just crying for attention.....then you just might be a troll.

And if you accuse everyone who makes a point you don't like of trolling... Big Grin

*Your GOD* can defend you any time he chooses. The fact that he needs or wants random forumites to get bleak every time his name is taken in vain shows what calibre of deity he is.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
21-03-2013, 11:05 PM
(21-03-2013 01:50 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  The purpose of this thread is to call out trollish behavior in this forum. The following is the Wikipedia definition of "troll".

"In Internet slang, a troll (pron.: /ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is someone who posts inflammatory,[1]extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion."

I'll start it off.

If you have to refer to Jesus Christ as Jeebus, then you might just be a troll.

What's all this about Jewsus?

Actually, referring to Jesus and Jewsus or Jeebus is normal for this place, you are in a forum populated by heretics who, for the most part, likely don't give a shit about offending the stray religious person who can't take a joke.

Since making a crack at Jewsus is not an abnormal thing in discussion, and does not derail said normality, the second definition is non-applicable.

The first definition is almost an entirely subjective definition, jokes about Jesus being a Jew (thus Jewsus), might not offend others, but will offend people who can't take a joke about a mythology character.
When the joke is not done for emotional provocation reasons so much as simply making fun, disregarding others emotional instability, why should a person be labelled a troll?

Me thinks I see somebody complaining about the heretical comments of a heretic populated forum.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.