....then you might just be a troll

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-03-2013, 11:19 PM (This post was last modified: 21-03-2013 11:22 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: ....then you might just be a troll
(21-03-2013 09:12 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(21-03-2013 05:34 PM)Thoughtful Nate Wrote:  Can I just suggest moving this thread to another sub forum seeing as it has absolutely nothing to do with atheism or theism.

Just a cry for attention.

It might technically belong in another sub forum, but I think the lion share of trolling happens here. If the mods want to move it I'm not going to question their discretion.

Also, If you claim someone is just crying for attention.....then you just might be a troll.

I'm thinking you might like to suck my dick. It's not very big but it's adequate for a "hey would ya blow me." glory hole.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
22-03-2013, 04:54 AM
(21-03-2013 11:05 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(21-03-2013 01:50 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  The purpose of this thread is to call out trollish behavior in this forum. The following is the Wikipedia definition of "troll".

"In Internet slang, a troll (pron.: /ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is someone who posts inflammatory,[1]extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion."

I'll start it off.

If you have to refer to Jesus Christ as Jeebus, then you might just be a troll.

Me thinks I see somebody complaining about the heretical comments of a heretic populated forum.

There is a difference between making fun of Jesus because you are circle jerking and making fun of Jesus because you want to piss someone else off. I wouldn't say the former is trolling, but the latter definetly is.
22-03-2013, 05:20 AM (This post was last modified: 22-03-2013 05:26 AM by Free Thought.)
(22-03-2013 04:54 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(21-03-2013 11:05 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Me thinks I see somebody complaining about the heretical comments of a heretic populated forum.

There is a difference between making fun of Jesus because you are circle jerking and making fun of Jesus because you want to piss someone else off. I wouldn't say the former is trolling, but the latter definetly is.

Dude, when I make a crack about Jewsus, or Moo-ham-med and Noses, I am not doing it for a circle-jerk effect, nor am I doing it to upset anybody. I do it for only two reasons: Because I can. And Because I want to (mostly due to it amusing me).

Fact of the matter is; It is almost impossible for me to care if somebody gets a little upset about a joke; I do not and never have, considered the feelings of others when it comes to making a joke or a comment, I am simply indifferent to other peoples emotions, unless of course, I care about the people I am interacting with. If a person gets uppity about a crack, that is their choice, not my consideration.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
22-03-2013, 05:45 AM
Re: ....then you might just be a troll
If you come to an atheist forum and tell them that making fun of Jesus is an exercise in circle jerking, you ARE a troll.
22-03-2013, 07:09 AM
(22-03-2013 05:45 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  If you come to an atheist forum and tell them that making fun of Jesus is an exercise in circle jerking, you ARE a troll.

And if you're offended, too fucking bad. No one's forcing you to stay.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
22-03-2013, 07:16 AM
Re: ....then you might just be a troll
And if you assign yourself a username that implies people fuck-off and you expect to be taken seriously, you're gonna have a bad time.
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
22-03-2013, 07:37 AM
(22-03-2013 07:16 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  And if you assign yourself a username that implies people fuck-off and you expect to be taken seriously, you're gonna have a bad time.

Yeah, I realize that now....I was trying to make a funny....not put off people.
22-03-2013, 10:57 AM
(22-03-2013 07:37 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(22-03-2013 07:16 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  And if you assign yourself a username that implies people fuck-off and you expect to be taken seriously, you're gonna have a bad time.

Yeah, I realize that now....I was trying to make a funny....not put off people.
You can always put in a request to have it changed. Whether or not it will happen, I'm not sure. Your nickname stuck out like a sore thumb and I doubt people would call you differently even if it was changed. Consider

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
22-03-2013, 01:09 PM
(22-03-2013 10:57 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  
(22-03-2013 07:37 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Yeah, I realize that now....I was trying to make a funny....not put off people.
You can always put in a request to have it changed. Whether or not it will happen, I'm not sure. Your nickname stuck out like a sore thumb and I doubt people would call you differently even if it was changed. Consider

Nah....I'll just leave it be.
22-03-2013, 05:04 PM
(22-03-2013 01:09 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(22-03-2013 10:57 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  You can always put in a request to have it changed. Whether or not it will happen, I'm not sure. Your nickname stuck out like a sore thumb and I doubt people would call you differently even if it was changed. Consider

Nah....I'll just leave it be.

Thank God, at least I got a glory hole to stick my dick in.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.