things that make you shake your head

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-12-2014, 11:47 AM
things that make you shake your head
http://www.inquisitr.com/1699419/black-l...free-pass/

A recent petition has gathered several thousand signatures already and it specifically requests that Oberlin College give failing black students a grade of “C” at the minimum.

“I would really like to see the normal grading system suspended for this semester and replaced with a no-fail mercy period. Administrators should require professors to exercise complete flexibility in what students are saying they can produce academically.

“Require that every professor listen to what their students are saying and if that means rather than writing a paper students instead meet with their professor to simply discuss in groups their paper topics or if tests are taken collectively with professors there are ways to make sure we are learning what we are supposed to be learning in ways that are not so taxing in times like this.

“Students in this moment should have complete access to alternative modes of learning while we process what’s happening. Basically, no student especially black students and students of color should be failing a class this semester. A ‘C’ should be the lowest grade students can receive this semester. Professors should be required to work with students, who would otherwise be at risk of failing, to create alternate means of accessing knowledge.”

Oberlin College president Marvin Krislov has already responded to the petition by saying that “suspending grading protocols is not the way to achieve our shared goal of ensuring that students have every opportunity and resource to succeed.”

------------------------------

I am...truly speechless

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-12-2014, 12:59 PM
RE: things that make you shake your head
(24-12-2014 11:47 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  http://www.inquisitr.com/1699419/black-l...free-pass/

A recent petition has gathered several thousand signatures already and it specifically requests that Oberlin College give failing black students a grade of “C” at the minimum.

“I would really like to see the normal grading system suspended for this semester and replaced with a no-fail mercy period. Administrators should require professors to exercise complete flexibility in what students are saying they can produce academically.

“Require that every professor listen to what their students are saying and if that means rather than writing a paper students instead meet with their professor to simply discuss in groups their paper topics or if tests are taken collectively with professors there are ways to make sure we are learning what we are supposed to be learning in ways that are not so taxing in times like this.

“Students in this moment should have complete access to alternative modes of learning while we process what’s happening. Basically, no student especially black students and students of color should be failing a class this semester. A ‘C’ should be the lowest grade students can receive this semester. Professors should be required to work with students, who would otherwise be at risk of failing, to create alternate means of accessing knowledge.”

Oberlin College president Marvin Krislov has already responded to the petition by saying that “suspending grading protocols is not the way to achieve our shared goal of ensuring that students have every opportunity and resource to succeed.”

I am...truly speechless

Are they gonna have a "shade" chart or DNA testing ?
I can just see it now.
You, ok, You, ok. You no ... not black enough.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
24-12-2014, 01:13 PM
(24-12-2014 11:47 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  http://www.inquisitr.com/1699419/black-l...free-pass/

I am...truly speechless

I suppose all the Caucasians who are failing don't get this handout? Of course, we all know the Asians don't need it.

Honestly, now; what do they think that would help?! just passing everybody on a whim helps nobody at all: all it would do would be encourage mediocrity in the students as those who produce bad work would be rewarded for it!
I don't know about anybody else here, but I'd take that sort of handout as downright offensive and crushing to my own morale: How would I know if I was genuinely given my grade for my hard work or if I was just given it?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
24-12-2014, 01:19 PM
(24-12-2014 12:59 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

I am...truly speechless

Are they gonna have a "shade" chart or DNA testing ?
I can just see it now.

Well according to the Out Of Africa Model of Paleoanthropology, we all came from Africa, so maybe there needs to be a specific percentage within ones DNA to determine if one was sympathetic to these recent protests Consider but what of the plethora of non african american college student sympathizers who were also oppressed in their course requirements, and wrongfully given the grades they earned because they allowed themselves to be distracted by current events??? Where does one draw the line? Perhaps I can file a letter of appeal to my college as well....oh wait, I have a 3.92 GPA with 210 amassed credits so perhaps they won't feel really sympathetic to my self caused situation Weeping

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recent_Afri...ern_humans

sigh Rolleyes

Always has to be people who try to take advantage of situations for their self gain.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
24-12-2014, 03:09 PM
Facepalm

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
24-12-2014, 03:16 PM
Oh FFS! Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
24-12-2014, 04:25 PM
Weeping

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
24-12-2014, 04:39 PM
(24-12-2014 12:59 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Are they gonna have a "shade" chart or DNA testing ?
I can just see it now.

Now that you mention it I’m reminded of this factoid...

New World slave owners prided themselves on being able to tell the % of black/white blood in any Mulatto to 1/32 accuracy. They considered this very important when buying slaves.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
24-12-2014, 04:54 PM
Quote:Honestly, now; what do they think that would help?! just passing everybody on a whim helps nobody at all:

Isn't that the basis of the American educational system for the last 30 years? "Self-esteem?" Can't have the ignorant little shits feeling bad about themselves, can we?

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
24-12-2014, 04:56 PM
I've never been fond of this whole "no child left behind" mentality. No

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]