things that make you shake your head

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-12-2014, 05:05 PM
RE: things that make you shake your head
(24-12-2014 04:56 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I've never been fond of this whole "no child left behind" mentality. No

The entitlement mentality just pisses me off. We wonder why we are ranked so low in the world on education....religion and the outlooks of people like these who put this stupid idea together Facepalm

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-12-2014, 05:08 PM
(24-12-2014 01:19 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(24-12-2014 12:59 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Are they gonna have a "shade" chart or DNA testing ?
I can just see it now.
You, ok, You, ok. You no ... not black enough.

Well according to the Out Of Africa Model of Paleoanthropology, we all came from Africa, so maybe there needs to be a specific percentage within ones DNA to determine if one was sympathetic to these recent protests Consider but what of the plethora of non african american college student sympathizers who were also oppressed in their course requirements, and wrongfully given the grades they earned because they allowed themselves to be distracted by current events??? Where does one draw the line? Perhaps I can file a letter of appeal to my college as well....oh wait, I have a 3.92 GPA with 210 amassed credits so perhaps they won't feel really sympathetic to my self caused situation Weeping

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recent_Afri...ern_humans

sigh Rolleyes

Always has to be people who try to take advantage of situations for their self gain.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/aalives/2006/science_dna2.html
DNA testing exposes the fact that the genes that are actually expressed in one individual tell only a very small part of the story.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
25-12-2014, 09:59 AM
(24-12-2014 04:54 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Isn't that the basis of the American educational system for the last 30 years? "Self-esteem?" Can't have the ignorant little shits feeling bad about themselves, can we?

I think... bad teachers who talk a kid down *can* have a very lasting and negative impact on their learning - if they think of themselves as incapable then they *will* be incapable. So I don't mind being a bit positive to the kid... But equally again, absurdly rewarding routine stuff with "Holy shit you're the next Isaac Newton" has an equally detrimental effect IMO.

I think it takes a lot of sensitivity and intelligence to be a good teacher, you can't prescribe how to do it with directives from on high about e.g. what grades you are allowed to give a kid, or never saying anything to remotely suggest that the brat isn't a genius.

What I don't get is this: everyone knows education, good education is the key to a better life, a better nation, a better world, but in pretty much every country except a lucky few, education takes a back seat to other interests. It's fucken ridiculous.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
25-12-2014, 11:27 AM
Here's my take on this bullshit.

Schools often make concessions for things that happen to a person or their immediate family...such as a death or serious illness.

If people are granted a pass for a national or world issue that they feel the need to participate in then we will end up giving people a pass for any and everything. Hell, if you know that you get a free pass for attending any kind of civic rally why not just do that, fuck school, and pick up your diploma at the end. Seems easier to act wounded and carry a sign around than to actually read, study and do class work.

This is yet another bullshit attempt to get by paying the race card.

Is EVERY black kid getting a pass? What about the ones that continued to keep up with their school work and aren't failing? Do they get extra points for carrying out more than one responsible action?

What about the white or Asian kids that participated? Do they get special consideration? What about those who march in gay pride rallies? Is that a bye also? For the gays and the straights.

Such crap.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post