think about it

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-09-2012, 10:20 AM
RE: think about it
(12-09-2012 09:28 AM)Dom Wrote:  Your faith can't be all that strong if you are scared of talking to us.

Not scared of talking at us though Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post
12-09-2012, 11:26 AM
(11-09-2012 07:48 PM)Sinners Prayer Wrote:  do you really think your life has the same value of a fish out of water ,you and all you are made up of is maget food or just waiting around for worms to eat the left overs..oh mabe your only here to find a job and work till your dead and the boss just love you so much..or who really understands when no one else will..what is that feeling in your heart that makes you cry ..if there is no God than we should kill or rap who ever we please...see we are like God we want peace and love just as God want from us....its ok im the sinners prayer..why should you ask for someone to forgive you of what you did...hmmm
This morning I dropped my daughter off at school and she was going to be slightly late. I spent half the drive to work feeling guilty that I caused her to be late. Why? Because I love her with all my heart and I know she hates to walk into class late so I was angry with myself for failing to get her there on time. If I, with my "imperfect human love" can be bothered by something so small because of that love, how is it that your god could create hell to throw some of his children into so they will suffer unimaginable pain for all eternity? I have heard some people say that concept of hell is wrong - that hell is really just a separation from God which itself causes huge suffering and sinners, not God, put themselves there. Ok, then so how is it that God wouldn't at the very least remove those people from existence so they wouldn't have to suffer for all eternity? Where is his love and compassion for his children?

You have things backwards. If it's love you want us to find, your god is not the place to find it at all. Of all beings, he is the worst at it! For example, see the above paragraph. Supposedly, he is in the position to love best, but then he fails miserably! If you think your god is the reason we should not kill or rape, I really am scratching my head at how you came to that conclusion. Read the Bible. God teaches that we should kill, that women are to be treated as sex slaves, and that incest is acceptable. THIS is who you want us to learn from?

How do you justify following such an angry, jealous, viscous being and encouraging others to do so? How do you justify completely ignoring all the evidence of your god's own violations of his commandments and insisting blindly instead that he is "wonderful", "loving", and "good"?

You started this thread. How about taking responsibility for it? If you have nothing of real substance to say in reply to anyone in this thread, I will take it as an admission that you recognize the fallacy that your god is and have no real arguments to defend him with. I wonder how that will sit with your god...

I'm waiting.
So is your god (at least in your mind).

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 6 users Like Impulse's post
12-09-2012, 05:42 PM
So, as some of you may have guessed, when it comes to posting, I may as well be a newbie. Perhaps someone here might explain to me the actual purpose of this particular section of the forum? I had thought I could witness some fine mental gymnastics here, but so far all I've seen is preaching and ignoring from some of the theist posters.

Has the forum changed over time? Did it once serve a purpose which has faded? Perhaps my sample has been too small?

Would someone like to recommend some threads for me to see? If so, thanks in advance.

Also, if the state of the forum has turned into a place for posts like the OPs, I assume someone has suggested doing something about it? Or do you guys like it this way?

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
12-09-2012, 07:39 PM
(12-09-2012 11:26 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(11-09-2012 07:48 PM)Sinners Prayer Wrote:  do you really think your life has the same value of a fish out of water ,you and all you are made up of is maget food or just waiting around for worms to eat the left overs..oh mabe your only here to find a job and work till your dead and the boss just love you so much..or who really understands when no one else will..what is that feeling in your heart that makes you cry ..if there is no God than we should kill or rap who ever we please...see we are like God we want peace and love just as God want from us....its ok im the sinners prayer..why should you ask for someone to forgive you of what you did...hmmm
This morning I dropped my daughter off at school and she was going to be slightly late. I spent half the drive to work feeling guilty that I caused her to be late. Why? Because I love her with all my heart and I know she hates to walk into class late so I was angry with myself for failing to get her there on time. If I, with my "imperfect human love" can be bothered by something so small because of that love, how is it that your god could create hell to throw some of his children into so they will suffer unimaginable pain for all eternity? I have heard some people say that concept of hell is wrong - that hell is really just a separation from God which itself causes huge suffering and sinners, not God, put themselves there. Ok, then so how is it that God wouldn't at the very least remove those people from existence so they wouldn't have to suffer for all eternity? Where is his love and compassion for his children?

You have things backwards. If it's love you want us to find, your god is not the place to find it at all. Of all beings, he is the worst at it! For example, see the above paragraph. Supposedly, he is in the position to love best, but then he fails miserably! If you think your god is the reason we should not kill or rape, I really am scratching my head at how you came to that conclusion. Read the Bible. God teaches that we should kill, that women are to be treated as sex slaves, and that incest is acceptable. THIS is who you want us to learn from?

How do you justify following such an angry, jealous, viscous being and encouraging others to do so? How do you justify completely ignoring all the evidence of your god's own violations of his commandments and insisting blindly instead that he is "wonderful", "loving", and "good"?

You started this thread. How about taking responsibility for it? If you have nothing of real substance to say in reply to anyone in this thread, I will take it as an admission that you recognize the fallacy that your god is and have no real arguments to defend him with. I wonder how that will sit with your god...

I'm waiting.
i am so glad that you have love in your heart,im so serious about that.thats that God like in you and you dont even know it you really think you own your self. if this was true you have control over your own death and life.see you said something that was itreasting about Gods love,you said why would he send his children to hell.? well ITS TRUE GOD DOSE LOVE US hell was for the devil and his angles hate greed all kinds that fill the air of hell at one time the devil rule the earth it was full of all kinds of sin.God is the WORD
and the WORD WAS GOD and the WORD became flesh in which we call Jesus he DIED for all our sins to save us from satin in his death the keys (meaning athority) was taken from him the sting of death was also taken..the biggest lie is that the DEVIL IS NOT REAL many think hate liers child molisters murder,rape,calling our creator false.if your daughter was casy antheny do really think that crim will go unnotice that only the fbi and the judge knows all? GOD KNOWS liers will burn not by him but allof the devils angles will be with him in hell..this place was not for man its only for the sinners the non belivers all have a choice to chose if you give your life to satin he will take care of you if to GOD he will take care of you its easy saitin is hate GOD IS LOVE..we are not our own we have no power unless he gives it to us..nice chating with ya peace be unto you...
12-09-2012, 08:01 PM
(12-09-2012 07:39 PM)Sinners Prayer Wrote:  
(12-09-2012 11:26 AM)Impulse Wrote:  This morning I dropped my daughter off at school and she was going to be slightly late. I spent half the drive to work feeling guilty that I caused her to be late. Why? Because I love her with all my heart and I know she hates to walk into class late so I was angry with myself for failing to get her there on time. If I, with my "imperfect human love" can be bothered by something so small because of that love, how is it that your god could create hell to throw some of his children into so they will suffer unimaginable pain for all eternity? I have heard some people say that concept of hell is wrong - that hell is really just a separation from God which itself causes huge suffering and sinners, not God, put themselves there. Ok, then so how is it that God wouldn't at the very least remove those people from existence so they wouldn't have to suffer for all eternity? Where is his love and compassion for his children?

I'm waiting.
i am so glad that you have love in your heart,im so serious about that.thats that God like in you and you dont even know it you really think you own your self. if this was true you have control over your own death and life.see you said something that was itreasting about Gods love,you said why would he send his children to hell.? well ITS TRUE GOD DOSE LOVE US hell was for the devil and his angles hate greed all kinds that fill the air of hell at one time the devil rule the earth it was full of all kinds of sin.God is the WORD
and the WORD WAS GOD and the WORD became flesh in which we call Jesus he DIED for all our sins to save us from satin in his death the keys (meaning athority) was taken from him the sting of death was also taken..the biggest lie is that the DEVIL IS NOT REAL many think hate liers child molisters murder,rape,calling our creator false.if your daughter was casy antheny do really think that crim will go unnotice that only the fbi and the judge knows all? GOD KNOWS liers will burn not by him but allof the devils angles will be with him in hell..this place was not for man its only for the sinners the non belivers all have a choice to chose if you give your life to satin he will take care of you if to GOD he will take care of you its easy saitin is hate GOD IS LOVE..we are not our own we have no power unless he gives it to us..nice chating with ya peace be unto you...

So this god character is the ultimate vigilante? I hate to break this to you, well actually I don't, if somebody commits a crime or harms somebody, the only punishment or restitution is in this life. You may want to believe this god thingy will punish those who do wrong but isn't that just a little too anthropomorphic? Can't this little celestial mafia boss figure out that eternal punishment for finite crimes isn't very moral or loving?

I know people like you come in here and think you'll enlighten us but that isn't the case, every interaction with Christians like you makes me even more sure we are correct.Drinking Beverage

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
12-09-2012, 10:13 PM
(12-09-2012 11:26 AM)Impulse Wrote:  This morning I dropped my daughter off at school and she was going to be slightly late. I spent half the drive to work feeling guilty that I caused her to be late. Why? Because I love her with all my heart and I know she hates to walk into class late so I was angry with myself for failing to get her there on time. If I, with my "imperfect human love" can be bothered by something so small because of that love, how is it that your god could create hell to throw some of his children into so they will suffer unimaginable pain for all eternity? I have heard some people say that concept of hell is wrong - that hell is really just a separation from God which itself causes huge suffering and sinners, not God, put themselves there. Ok, then so how is it that God wouldn't at the very least remove those people from existence so they wouldn't have to suffer for all eternity? Where is his love and compassion for his children?

I'm waiting.

Oh come now, me and Satin go way back he's really not a bad guy when you get to know him. The sort of guy you'd have a Friday night drink with after work.

Perhaps you are just too quick to judge people before you truly get to know them.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
12-09-2012, 11:09 PM
(12-09-2012 05:31 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(11-09-2012 09:48 PM)SlipStitch Wrote:  ... Yay, pregnancy! ...

Hey! Congratulations.

When are you serving lunch ... ehem!... sorry, when are you due?

Thank you! Heart

My due date is November 5th. We planned this one for a special Thanksgiving dinner, if you know what I mean. Wink
[+] 2 users Like SlipStitch's post
13-09-2012, 01:06 AM
God loves me eh? Good. That just makes it easier for me to get close and end him before he can mercilessly kill anybody else that he "loves".

Don't preach to me about a psychotic god that kills without pity or remorse. Loving god my ass. I'm far more loving than him and I'm fucking insane.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 1 user Likes Hamata k's post
13-09-2012, 02:21 AM

I'm waiting.

Child molesters, murderers, and rapists often convert in prison. Think of how many awesome people you'll be hanging out with.

You must be quite young to be posting here, and a few years later you'll probably be hanging out with us, as an atheist.

Consider this, if god is inside everybody, and a rapist rapes, and a molest molests, then god is right there inside them committed great evil. Then when the person's life end's he sends the person to hell for a crime he co-committed.

By sending a person to hell, to suffer forever god commits an act of evil. Since it will last an eternity then god causes an eternity of evil. Therefore god is eternally evil.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
13-09-2012, 04:44 AM
(13-09-2012 02:21 AM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(12-09-2012 07:39 PM)Sinners Prayer Wrote:  i am so glad that you have love in your heart,im so serious about that.thats that God like in you and you dont even know it you really think you own your self. if this was true you have control over your own death and life.see you said something that was itreasting about Gods love,you said why would he send his children to hell.? well ITS TRUE GOD DOSE LOVE US hell was for the devil and his angles hate greed all kinds that fill the air of hell at one time the devil rule the earth it was full of all kinds of sin.God is the WORD

Child molesters, murderers, and rapists often convert in prison. Think of how many awesome people you'll be hanging out with.

You must be quite young to be posting here, and a few years later you'll probably be hanging out with us, as an atheist.

Consider this, if god is inside everybody, and a rapist rapes, and a molest molests, then god is right there inside them committed great evil. Then when the person's life end's he sends the person to hell for a crime he co-committed.

By sending a person to hell, to suffer forever god commits an act of evil. Since it will last an eternity then god causes an eternity of evil. Therefore god is eternally evil.

It's funny how that works.
God doesn't reveal himself when these people are out committing there crimes but as soon as these people are in a position to get a reduced sentence because God reveals himself to them God seems very keen to reduce their sentence and reveal himself to them.

This God fellow sounds like a bit of cunt if you ask me.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post