think about it

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-09-2012, 05:34 AM
RE: think about it
They're like crack pushers. Talk about our lives having no meaning, but we're over here having a good time, and they gotta swing by and push their drugs. Kinda morality is that?

[Image: 10339580_583235681775606_5139032440228868471_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
13-09-2012, 05:43 AM
"C'MON MAN, YOU REALLY WANT SOME HEROIN!"
"But... I'm happy without heroin."
"C'MON MAN! It'll make me feel better if I know I'm not the only one doing it!"
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Logisch's post
13-09-2012, 09:28 AM
(12-09-2012 07:39 PM)Sinners Prayer Wrote:  
(12-09-2012 11:26 AM)Impulse Wrote:  This morning I dropped my daughter off at school and she was going to be slightly late. I spent half the drive to work feeling guilty that I caused her to be late. Why? Because I love her with all my heart and I know she hates to walk into class late so I was angry with myself for failing to get her there on time. If I, with my "imperfect human love" can be bothered by something so small because of that love, how is it that your god could create hell to throw some of his children into so they will suffer unimaginable pain for all eternity? I have heard some people say that concept of hell is wrong - that hell is really just a separation from God which itself causes huge suffering and sinners, not God, put themselves there. Ok, then so how is it that God wouldn't at the very least remove those people from existence so they wouldn't have to suffer for all eternity? Where is his love and compassion for his children?

You have things backwards. If it's love you want us to find, your god is not the place to find it at all. Of all beings, he is the worst at it! For example, see the above paragraph. Supposedly, he is in the position to love best, but then he fails miserably! If you think your god is the reason we should not kill or rape, I really am scratching my head at how you came to that conclusion. Read the Bible. God teaches that we should kill, that women are to be treated as sex slaves, and that incest is acceptable. THIS is who you want us to learn from?

How do you justify following such an angry, jealous, viscous being and encouraging others to do so? How do you justify completely ignoring all the evidence of your god's own violations of his commandments and insisting blindly instead that he is "wonderful", "loving", and "good"?

You started this thread. How about taking responsibility for it? If you have nothing of real substance to say in reply to anyone in this thread, I will take it as an admission that you recognize the fallacy that your god is and have no real arguments to defend him with. I wonder how that will sit with your god...

I'm waiting.
So is your god (at least in your mind).
i am so glad that you have love in your heart,im so serious about that.thats that God like in you and you dont even know it you really think you own your self. if this was true you have control over your own death and life.see you said something that was itreasting about Gods love,you said why would he send his children to hell.? well ITS TRUE GOD DOSE LOVE US hell was for the devil and his angles hate greed all kinds that fill the air of hell at one time the devil rule the earth it was full of all kinds of sin.God is the WORD
and the WORD WAS GOD and the WORD became flesh in which we call Jesus he DIED for all our sins to save us from satin in his death the keys (meaning athority) was taken from him the sting of death was also taken..the biggest lie is that the DEVIL IS NOT REAL many think hate liers child molisters murder,rape,calling our creator false.if your daughter was casy antheny do really think that crim will go unnotice that only the fbi and the judge knows all? GOD KNOWS liers will burn not by him but allof the devils angles will be with him in hell..this place was not for man its only for the sinners the non belivers all have a choice to chose if you give your life to satin he will take care of you if to GOD he will take care of you its easy saitin is hate GOD IS LOVE..we are not our own we have no power unless he gives it to us..nice chating with ya peace be unto you...
I'm glad to see you (sort of) replied to something. However, honestly your reply is still largely full of preaching and very little supportive arguments or evidence for your position.

Consider this: According to at least most Christian faiths, God loves everyone and that includes Satan. God has and is such perfect love that he is incapable of not loving anyone. (So much for omnipotence, but that's another subject...) God was not happy Satan turned against him and he was not happy that he had to cast him out of heaven. But why did he cast him INTO hell? Why not just out of heaven. Why not just make him cease to exist entirely? If God truly loves Satan despite all Satan's sins, he wouldn't want him to suffer for eternity. It's the same point I made before about human beings. The whole concept of hell in any form - whether fire and brimstone or merely separation from God and heaven - is simply incompatible with the notion of an all-loving, omnipotent god.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
13-09-2012, 12:03 PM
I'm kinda new here. The OP boggles my aseptic mind and it makes me wonder, is the general consensus about this post and all others like it:

a) he's for real, he really believes this stuff, and he really is that incapable of creating a coherent thought process and/or communicating it in writing?
b) he's a shill, posting nonsense just so we can all jump on the thread and stroke our egos by posting superior responses?
c) he's just a troll?

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 1 user Likes Aseptic Skeptic's post
13-09-2012, 12:07 PM
(13-09-2012 12:03 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  I'm kinda new here. The OP boggles my aseptic mind and it makes me wonder, is the general consensus about this post and all others like it:

a) he's for real, he really believes this stuff, and he really is that incapable of creating a coherent thought process and/or communicating it in writing?
b) he's a shill, posting nonsense just so we can all jump on the thread and stroke our egos by posting superior responses?
c) he's just a troll?

cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc​cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc​cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc​cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc​

[Image: vjp09.gif]
[+] 3 users Like kingschosen's post
13-09-2012, 12:18 PM
Fucking awesome that our Calvinist mod swings the bat like an atheist superhero. Thumbsup

[+] 4 users Like houseofcantor's post
13-09-2012, 12:26 PM
(13-09-2012 12:18 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Fucking awesome that our Calvinist mod swings the bat like an atheist superhero. Thumbsup

Yes, but our Calvinist mod is one of the most naive people I've ever encountered when it comes to judging the true insanity of other Christians. How many of these wackos has he called a troll when in truth they're full-fledged wacko theists?

No troll here. Just a faithful Christian carrying out his/her commands from Christ to share the Good News with the heathen. This is what religion does to people.

EDIT: KC, you probably think Benny Hinn is a troll. Drinking Beverage

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
13-09-2012, 12:27 PM
(13-09-2012 12:26 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(13-09-2012 12:18 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Fucking awesome that our Calvinist mod swings the bat like an atheist superhero. Thumbsup

Yes, but our Calvinist mod is one of the most naive people I've ever encountered when it comes to judging the true insanity of other Christians. How many of these wackos has he called a troll when in truth they're full-fledged wacko theists?

No troll here. Just a faithful Christian carrying out his/her commands from Christ to share the Good News with the heathen. This is what religion does to people.

EDIT: KC, you probably think Benny Hinn is a troll. Drinking Beverage

Benny Hinn is a super troll.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
13-09-2012, 12:58 PM
(12-09-2012 05:42 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  So, as some of you may have guessed, when it comes to posting, I may as well be a newbie. Perhaps someone here might explain to me the actual purpose of this particular section of the forum? I had thought I could witness some fine mental gymnastics here, but so far all I've seen is preaching and ignoring from some of the theist posters.

Has the forum changed over time? Did it once serve a purpose which has faded? Perhaps my sample has been too small?

Would someone like to recommend some threads for me to see? If so, thanks in advance.

Also, if the state of the forum has turned into a place for posts like the OPs, I assume someone has suggested doing something about it? Or do you guys like it this way?

Hey Cardinal,
This thread is just a lark. Any fool is welcome to post on TTA, but that doesn't mean everything will be quality.

As to the section this thread is in...it's actually a pretty new forum that was born out of people having debates with Theists on Omegle or Skype or Facebook. So this debate forum itself doesn't really have any formal debates that you're looking for.

You may want to check out Kingschosen's "Ask A Theist" thread, or just start your own on a topic that is of interest to you and folks will chime in. As for this thread, the OP is not here for debate. It just wants to make itself feel holy by "witnessing" to the heathen.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
13-09-2012, 01:11 PM
What they're supposed to do, is witness. Just most don't know wtf that means. Sticking around, allowing for differences in "truth," these kinda things, any proponent of "almighty god," who is also love, should know the fuck about.

But they'd rather witness their own sins, and project those sins upon others. KC, on the other hand, is up-to-date on prophecy (even if his paradigm is skewed) in that these are prophetic times, and any idiot with a mouth better have a good story to tell.