think about it

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-09-2012, 06:26 PM
RE: think about it
(15-09-2012 06:18 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(15-09-2012 06:11 PM)Ambassador of Christ Wrote:  Good Day All....

I think you guys are missing the point that Sinner's Prayer is trying to say...

Atheist does not believe in a God.... So what is your purpose here on earth?

Why try to live right when all you think that you will just dissolve to the earth when you die?

See... you are created for a purpose.... God created you..... You just don't exist by yourself or just live to just live and die.

You are for a purpose... God's purpose.... Of course life is great... but it it so much more that what you think it is.

Yes there is a God, Yes he created you... yes you and I is created for a purpose....

When you die, you continue to live.... but where you live after death on earth is your choice....Heaven or Hell..

I am here to tell you... you do have a purpose to a higher power.. Jesus.

God Created you to be loved by him and you live him.

"Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore with loving kindness I have drawn you. Jer 31.3

God chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love Eph 1.4

Jesus said, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind." Mt 22.37

I don't want your sacrifices--I want your love; I don't want your offerings--I want you to know me. Hos 6.6

Amen
Bowing

We are neither created nor created for a purpose. All of life has evolved, all life is kin to each other.

Our purpose is of our own making, not given to us.

Wow... so you think that you created yourself for yourself and that is it.... You don't understand..... God created you out of love so he can love you and you love him back... God is looking for true freewill people. How selfish not to Love a God that give you life ...

Let me make this clear to you ... you did not create yourself... human being would not even know where to start to create the Human Anatomy.. that is why we study it.....

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-09-2012, 06:27 PM

Why try to live right when all you think that you will just dissolve to the earth when you die?

See... you are created for a purpose.... God created you..... You just don't exist by yourself or just live to just live and die.

You are for a purpose... God's purpose.... Of course life is great... but it it so much more that what you think it is.

Yes there is a God, Yes he created you... yes you and I is created for a purpose....

When you die, you continue to live.... but where you live after death on earth is your choice....Heaven or Hell..

"Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore with loving kindness I have drawn you. Jer 31.3

God chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love Eph 1.4

Jesus said, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind." Mt 22.37

I don't want your sacrifices--I want your love; I don't want your offerings--I want you to know me. Hos 6.6

Amen
Bowing

They all knew exactly what he is getting at... but it's a tired old argument that has no grounds outside of the dedicated belief.

If you really look at how anyone, even the devout live their life, it's individual's creating their own individual purpose in life. Often for many people, they let public opinion guide their choices, sometimes by force with families, but it's still the individual defining their own purpose to get up and go, or lay around and do nothing but pray.

"Love is hot, Truth is molten!"
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
15-09-2012, 06:31 PM

Amen
Bowing

I think we got what the OP meant right off the bat.Drinking Beverage

Why try to live right? Surely, you are joking? I do not need your invisible friend to have purpose to my life or to treat others well.

We owe it to the those around us to live right. I am responsible for my actions and their consequences. If I behave poorly and inflict harm on another I am not forgiven by some sexually confused moron behind a curtain or by some magic man in the sky. I have to answer here and now for what I've done.

Society progresses (despite religion) by people behaving according to norms that were well established before monotheists came around. The golden rule isn't in your bible and being a liar, murder rapist etc. was never all that cool to any society (I know, I know, you'll all run amok without religion).

We (Atheist) do not need an invisible sky daddy to make us refrain for horrible acts. I think you'll find Atheists value life far more as it is our only shot. I really wish you'd engage in useful discussion, as there are many highly intelligent people here and if you'd drop the proseltyzing you probably enjoy the discourse.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 2 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
15-09-2012, 06:34 PM
No you don't really understand .... there are a lot of Christians that live great devoted lives to God and their family... See atheist don't want no one over them for accountability.... you don't want to let a loving God know he created you... you want credit for all things.

You don't live to just live....

Things don't just happen.....

15-09-2012, 06:42 PM
Ambassador of Christ. Stop uploading that same picture of crucifixes to every post. This is the second time i've told you.
You only need to upload an image once. You are just wasting server space.

If you feel the need to post a Horrible method of execution after every post, use an image hosting site. I suggest imgur or photobucket.
[+] 5 users Like FSM_scot's post
15-09-2012, 06:46 PM
Jesus loves you...

15-09-2012, 06:52 PM
(15-09-2012 06:34 PM)Ambassador of Christ Wrote:  No you don't really understand .... there are a lot of Christians that live great devoted lives to God and their family... See atheist don't want no one over them for accountability.... you don't want to let a loving God know he created you... you want credit for all things.

You don't live to just live....

Things don't just happen.....

There are a lot of atheists that live great lives dedicated to their family.

It's not what an atheist wants above them, it's what they understand is above them. Thanks for the lesson though. I'm glad Jesus loves me for no reason other than I exist apparently.

"Love is hot, Truth is molten!"
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
15-09-2012, 07:42 PM
(15-09-2012 06:26 PM)Ambassador of Christ Wrote:  
(15-09-2012 06:18 PM)Chas Wrote:  We are neither created nor created for a purpose. All of life has evolved, all life is kin to each other.

Our purpose is of our own making, not given to us.

Wow... so you think that you created yourself for yourself and that is it.... You don't understand..... God created you out of love so he can love you and you love him back... God is looking for true freewill people. How selfish not to Love a God that give you life ...

Let me make this clear to you ... you did not create yourself... human being would not even know where to start to create the Human Anatomy.. that is why we study it.....

Did I say I created myself? No.

I was born, naturally. I developed from a diploid cell that was created from two haploid cells from my parents, as were they, as were their parents, and so forth.

All life on earth has a common ancestor. We evolved.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-09-2012, 10:13 PM
(15-09-2012 06:11 PM)Ambassador of Christ Wrote:  I think you guys are missing the point that Sinner's Prayer is trying to say...

Nope.

(15-09-2012 06:11 PM)Ambassador of Christ Wrote:  Atheist does not believe in a God.... So what is your purpose here on earth?

Why do we need a purpose?

(15-09-2012 06:11 PM)Ambassador of Christ Wrote:  Why try to live right when all you think that you will just dissolve to the earth when you die?

So I don't get put in jail/killed for being a knob, thus throwing away any opportunity I have to enjoy my brief existence.

(15-09-2012 06:11 PM)Ambassador of Christ Wrote:  See... you are created for a purpose.... God created you..... You just don't exist by yourself or just live to just live and die.

Prove it.

(15-09-2012 06:11 PM)Ambassador of Christ Wrote:  You are for a purpose... God's purpose.... Of course life is great... but it it so much more that what you think it is.

Prove it. Also, life is great? Maybe for you because you happened to be born with more privileges than some starving family in Africa. Jesus LOVES those starving, diseased children sooooo much. He (Jesus) even sends missionaries over to perpetuate a superstition that leads to hundreds of kids being mercilessly tortured and killed over suspicions of witchcraft. What a great bloke Jesus is, ALL PRAISE JESUS.

(15-09-2012 06:11 PM)Ambassador of Christ Wrote:  Yes there is a God, Yes he created you... yes you and I is created for a purpose....

Prove it.

(15-09-2012 06:11 PM)Ambassador of Christ Wrote:  When you die, you continue to live.... but where you live after death on earth is your choice....Heaven or Hell..

Prove it. Oh, and if you're implying that we have the "free will" to choose, can I just say that freedom doesn't come with ultimatums.

(15-09-2012 06:11 PM)Ambassador of Christ Wrote:  I am here to tell you... you do have a purpose to a higher power.. Jesus.

Prove it.

(15-09-2012 06:11 PM)Ambassador of Christ Wrote:  God Created you to be loved by him and you live him.

Prove it.
[+] 7 users Like caffeinesoul's post
16-09-2012, 01:23 AM
(15-09-2012 10:13 PM)caffeinesoul Wrote:  Prove it. Oh, and if you're implying that we have the "free will" to choose, can I just say that freedom doesn't come with ultimatums.

CS Heart You da bomb.

Fuck Jesus Angel In the ass Angel With a crucifix Evil_monster