think about it

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-10-2012, 06:55 PM
RE: think about it
(07-10-2012 12:53 PM)Thomas Wrote:  The animal rights argument is to compare attributes where humans are weaker to other species strengths, then ask the question are we that superior.

The correct comparison is to ask, are human's strongest attribute superior to any other animal's strongest attribute? The answer is easily yes.

We are able to create an environment that we prefer, invent instruments to overcome any weaknesses we have physically and mentally.

We can fly faster than any bird, in a plane.
We can travel faster than any land animal, in a car.
We can physically defeat any animal, with weapons.
We can exist in environments where no others could, space.

We completely dominate all other species on the planet.

Actually the water bear can easily survive in space so...

But yeah I see what you're saying.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-10-2012, 07:57 PM
(11-10-2012 06:55 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(07-10-2012 12:53 PM)Thomas Wrote:  The animal rights argument is to compare attributes where humans are weaker to other species strengths, then ask the question are we that superior.

The correct comparison is to ask, are human's strongest attribute superior to any other animal's strongest attribute? The answer is easily yes.

We are able to create an environment that we prefer, invent instruments to overcome any weaknesses we have physically and mentally.

We can fly faster than any bird, in a plane.
We can travel faster than any land animal, in a car.
We can physically defeat any animal, with weapons.
We can exist in environments where no others could, space.

We completely dominate all other species on the planet.

Actually the water bear can easily survive in space so...

But yeah I see what you're saying.
my dear friend you are so right...God is a creator and he has given the dominion to man and also we are created in his image we are like him we make things he gives us the inspiration to create but we at times think its only us and leave God out of it ...it makes me wounder how dose the ocean know when to stop washing the shore the air ,gravity everything in place.... he gives us thunder water and we make an i pad wow how amazing is our God...
[+] 1 user Likes Sinner's Prayer's post
12-10-2012, 08:02 PM
We're created in his image? I guess that explains all the crime and violence nowadays...

"Leave the atom alone."
-E.Y. Harburgh
[+] 4 users Like DreamWeaver's post
13-10-2012, 01:18 PM
(12-10-2012 08:02 PM)DreamWeaver Wrote:  We're created in his image? I guess that explains all the crime and violence nowadays...
its image not his ways he gave us freedom of our thoughts to act on them its our gratest sin that dose us in that our vilent crims
[+] 1 user Likes Sinner's Prayer's post
13-10-2012, 01:27 PM
"God is a creator and he has given the dominion to man and also we are created in his image we are like him we make things he gives us the inspiration to create but we at times think its only us and leave God out of it ...it makes me wounder how dose the ocean know when to stop washing the shore the air ,gravity everything in place.... he gives us thunder water and we make an i pad wow how amazing is our God..."

Ummm...Ok, like this is just a comedy routine gone horribly awry, right? Please do not get your science knowledge from Bill O'Reilly, we know what causes the tides. We know what causes thunder. I've read your bible and must of missed the instructions on building electronic devices.

If he gave man "dominion" over the earth how come he didn't tell us how to stop floods, storms and earthquakes? Your arguments will never have any depth because you are mistaking belief in something for knowledge.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 2 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
14-10-2012, 07:17 AM
(13-10-2012 01:18 PM)Sinners Prayer Wrote:  its our gratest sin that dose us in that our vilent crims

Weeping
[+] 5 users Like caffeinesoul's post
14-10-2012, 07:28 AM
(13-10-2012 01:18 PM)Sinners Prayer Wrote:  
(12-10-2012 08:02 PM)DreamWeaver Wrote:  We're created in his image? I guess that explains all the crime and violence nowadays...
its image not his ways he gave us freedom of our thoughts to act on them its our gratest sin that dose us in that our vilent crims

Fist of all, where does it say exactly in the Bible that God gave us free will. The Bible seems to indicate the negative of that idea. Didn't God tell Abram/ Abraham that his descendants would be persecuted in Egypt? How exactly could he have KNOWN it would happen unless he knows the future, which means that he must know the choices that lead up to the future since God is typically all knowing.

Plus, isn't the theist concept of free will bogus anyways?

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
14-10-2012, 08:15 AM
(14-10-2012 07:28 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(13-10-2012 01:18 PM)Sinners Prayer Wrote:  its image not his ways he gave us freedom of our thoughts to act on them its our gratest sin that dose us in that our vilent crims

Fist of all, where does it say exactly in the Bible that God gave us free will. The Bible seems to indicate the negative of that idea. Didn't God tell Abram/ Abraham that his descendants would be persecuted in Egypt? How exactly could he have KNOWN it would happen unless he knows the future, which means that he must know the choices that lead up to the future since God is typically all knowing.

Woah, slow down there chief. Heads might explode.

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
14-10-2012, 08:52 AM
We can make an ipad therefore god is good? Who designed the Kindle Fire then? Oh wait...Kindle FIRE. Got to be Satan.

Evolve
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
14-10-2012, 09:00 AM
(14-10-2012 08:15 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(14-10-2012 07:28 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Fist of all, where does it say exactly in the Bible that God gave us free will. The Bible seems to indicate the negative of that idea. Didn't God tell Abram/ Abraham that his descendants would be persecuted in Egypt? How exactly could he have KNOWN it would happen unless he knows the future, which means that he must know the choices that lead up to the future since God is typically all knowing.

Woah, slow down there chief. Heads might explode.
What?

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.