thinking about you

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-09-2014, 09:51 AM
thinking about you
I am not going to try to persuade you to change your view points but I wanted to let you know that I am praying for you and how you will find your way to the right path.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-09-2014, 10:27 AM
RE: thinking about you
Thanks for the thought, but instead of wasting time praying, how about spending it doing something to actually help people - like working for a charity or something?

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 4 users Like Impulse's post
22-09-2014, 10:30 AM (This post was last modified: 22-09-2014 10:35 AM by CleverUsername.)
Interesting. When I was younger, every night, I'd pray for happiness for everyone in the world.

Didn't work then, either.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
[+] 7 users Like CleverUsername's post
22-09-2014, 10:32 AM
(22-09-2014 09:51 AM)theonewhocries Wrote:  I am not going to try to persuade you to change your view points but I wanted to let you know that I am praying for you and how you will find your way to the right path.

Keep crying, sweetie. Your path is a waste of time.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
22-09-2014, 10:33 AM
If you were sincere you would've just done your praying and never bothered making a login just to let us know about it.
[+] 8 users Like Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
22-09-2014, 10:34 AM
That's a common form of attack for dummies. It just doesn't work and makes you look only worse off and brainwashed.

If, by chance, you aren't just trying to be rude and want to help, then do something real. Quit bugging your man upstairs with complaints and do what YOU can. Use those two hands and brain and use them. They are yours.

A wise person makes their own decisions; an ignorant one follows public opinion.
[+] 2 users Like Elskidor's post
22-09-2014, 10:59 AM
(22-09-2014 09:51 AM)theonewhocries Wrote:  I am not going to try to persuade you to change your view points but I wanted to let you know that I am praying for you and how you will find your way to the right path.

The path I am on is fine thank you very much. Drinking Beverage

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 3 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
22-09-2014, 11:01 AM (This post was last modified: 22-09-2014 11:05 AM by Deidre32.)
I used to feel offended by my Christian friends offering me "prayers." But then, I remember being just like that, when I was a Christian. I was a Christian for most of my life and to a Christian/religious person, praying is an act of kindness.

So I'll just "thank you" to you, OP, for I used to be like you. I will say that if you step away from all that you think you know, you may end up on a path that leads you to objective truth.

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 4 users Like Deidre32's post
22-09-2014, 11:02 AM
if your gonna try to help people do it instead of praying
if you have time to pray for someone, then you have plenty of time to do things that are more productive
[+] 1 user Likes Ace's post
22-09-2014, 11:04 AM
Matthew 6:5-6 (NASB)
5 When you pray, you are not to be like the hypocrites; for they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and on the street corners so that they may be seen by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full. 6 But you, when you pray, go into your inner room, close your door and pray to your Father who is in secret, and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you.

/thread

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 10 users Like Vosur's post