thinking about you

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-09-2014, 12:42 PM
RE: thinking about you
(22-09-2014 12:19 PM)Sam Wrote:  Ever notice how these theist nutjobs seem to turn up in groups?

Maybe its just coincidence, but it seems we get weeks of peace, then four or five theists show up at the same time and dominate the forum for a couple of days, then they vanish...

Consider

I hope I didn't cause some of these....I often challenge theists in other venues to come to thethinkingatheist, and ask for me, and enter a debate...none have that I am aware....but I hope I didn't draw hate/chew toys Weeping

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-09-2014, 12:51 PM
(22-09-2014 09:51 AM)theonewhocries Wrote:  I am not going to try to persuade you to change your view points but I wanted to let you know that I am praying for you and how you will find your way to the right path.

If prayer actually worked I'd rather you pray for the millions who are starving and suffering from diseases like, you know, Ebola.

I hope that you will one day escape from the mind destroying effects of faith and take up reason as your guide.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 7 users Like true scotsman's post
22-09-2014, 12:53 PM
(22-09-2014 09:51 AM)theonewhocries Wrote:  I am not going to try to persuade you to change your view points but I wanted to let you know that I am praying for you and how you will find your way to the right path.

There's no need to persuade me to change my view point. It changes on its own when presented with new information/evidence.
[+] 8 users Like xieulong's post
22-09-2014, 12:54 PM
As you pray for me, I will think for you,KBig Grin

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 10 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
22-09-2014, 01:12 PM
(22-09-2014 11:27 AM)DLJ Wrote:  That's probably the nicest drive-by we've had in a long while. Awwwwww.

Blush
Maybe, but I'm not sure. The cynic in me suspects either brownie points with God was the motive or maybe it's a wolf in sheep's clothing.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
22-09-2014, 01:29 PM

Do you have any non-presuppositional reasons that your path is the correct one? Any that you can explain or even demonstrate to us?
22-09-2014, 01:32 PM
(22-09-2014 01:29 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  

Do you have any non-presuppositional reasons that your path is the correct one? Any that you can explain or even demonstrate to us?

Betting the OP has drowned in their tears and won't answer. Drinking Beverage

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 3 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
22-09-2014, 01:33 PM
(22-09-2014 12:42 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(22-09-2014 12:19 PM)Sam Wrote:  Ever notice how these theist nutjobs seem to turn up in groups?

Maybe its just coincidence, but it seems we get weeks of peace, then four or five theists show up at the same time and dominate the forum for a couple of days, then they vanish...

Consider

I hope I didn't cause some of these....I often challenge theists in other venues to come to thethinkingatheist, and ask for me, and enter a debate...none have that I am aware....but I hope I didn't draw hate/chew toys Weeping

We found the leak!
You! In the corner for inviting crazy in the house. Dodgy

Facepalm damn soldiers, always wanting to fight. Tongue

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 4 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
22-09-2014, 01:53 PM

If prayer actually did anything Ebola wouldn't have spread past the first person who came down with it.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
22-09-2014, 02:13 PM

Well shit while you're at it I could use a million bucks or so. Put a word in for me will ya?