thinking about you

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-09-2014, 03:16 PM
RE: thinking about you
(23-09-2014 03:12 PM)dirtstar Wrote:  
(22-09-2014 09:51 AM)theonewhocries Wrote:  I am not going to try to persuade you to change your view points but I wanted to let you know that I am praying for you and how you will find your way to the right path.

Wow. You posted this yesterday and there are already 6 pages of replies? Not bad if you're a troll. If you're not a troll read on my friend.

To put it bluntly and because I don't beat around bushes YOU are the one everyone should feel sorry for. The difference is we don't sit back and do nothing while pretending to care by "praying". The fact is you pray for us because you feel sympathy and the need to clear your conscience as if you really cared but until we believe the way you do we aren't really worth caring for. Yet all along you are the one you should be praying for except you don't realize instead of praying you should empower yourself more in life. You ARE good. You ARE beautiful already. You ARE capable without help. Instead you actually believe you are powerless and incapable of directing your own life. Jesus take the wheel? How sad? It's outright cruel in many ways what's been done to you. Quite frankly you are brainwashed and if or when you ever figure out this realistic Matrix in which you were born and indoctrinated in you will have no other recourse other than to fight off the negative effects that come with the realization of allowing yourself to believe in such absurdities. Don't lose hope my friend. There are brilliant human beings that have fallen prey to the same absurdities and should you choose to remove the veil you will immediately feel as important as others, the beauty that awaits a free mind, and the confidence that you can and will live a happier life your own way... naturally. A life governed by natural laws and reality is waiting for you.

Look I don't intend to be mean to you. In my atheistic mind I don't see the point in belittling anyone. I've practiced patience with others like you over the years but quite frankly my patience is wearing thin. I also, like yourself I'm sure, was brought to church as a young child but while you were doing what you were told despite the icky feeling inside I did everything in my power to reject and standalone if I had to. Those like you labeled me an outcast or trouble maker. I labeled myself a free thinker and didn't buy into what others wanted to label me as a result. That's a recipe to reject indoctrination. For years I've kept silent while people like yourself spread their inaccuracies like they're facts then when others disagree with your dogma you pray for them as if they're lost and just don't understand. I am aware that you are not listening to me. You're just reading fodder. Funny though that those you do listen to tell you men’s hearts are dark while I tell you there is natural goodness in you and that you choose what's next. They tell you that you are a sinner. They beat you down until you submit. I'm here when you decide to DE convert. And you pray for me?

You should have read through the responses before writing all that (it probably would have been quicker). He/she has basically admitted to being a troll, and is not actually praying for anyone.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-09-2014, 03:20 PM
Did I already say shoo fly to the op?

It's been so long I can't recall....

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
23-09-2014, 03:23 PM
(23-09-2014 02:21 PM)theonewhocries Wrote:  
(23-09-2014 11:53 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  So, you're saying your post here is you doing something deviant, and you're just studying our reactions?

no I am agnostic and to RobbyPants yes that's it I present it tomorrow making PowerPoint now.

Hmm... Consider so "deviant" might be dependent on some common and/or stereotypical presumptions regarding the subject, yes?

So, is your paper on deviance itself or rather, on the fomenting nature of deviance? Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
23-09-2014, 03:26 PM
(23-09-2014 03:20 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Did I already say shoo fly to the op?

It's been so long I can't recall....

You did but it won't listen! Weeping

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
23-09-2014, 03:30 PM
(23-09-2014 02:21 PM)theonewhocries Wrote:  no I am agnostic

an agnostic who is praying for us?

What the actual fuck?

Shoo fly!!!!!!

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

23-09-2014, 03:32 PM
(23-09-2014 03:12 PM)dirtstar Wrote:  
(22-09-2014 09:51 AM)theonewhocries Wrote:  I am not going to try to persuade you to change your view points but I wanted to let you know that I am praying for you and how you will find your way to the right path.

Wow. You posted this yesterday and there are already 6 pages of replies? Not bad if you're a troll. If you're not a troll read on my friend.

To put it bluntly and because I don't beat around bushes YOU are the one everyone should feel sorry for. The difference is we don't sit back and do nothing while pretending to care by "praying". The fact is you pray for us because you feel sympathy and the need to clear your conscience as if you really cared but until we believe the way you do we aren't really worth caring for. Yet all along you are the one you should be praying for except you don't realize instead of praying you should empower yourself more in life. You ARE good. You ARE beautiful already. You ARE capable without help. Instead you actually believe you are powerless and incapable of directing your own life. Jesus take the wheel? How sad? It's outright cruel in many ways what's been done to you. Quite frankly you are brainwashed and if or when you ever figure out this realistic Matrix in which you were born and indoctrinated in you will have no other recourse other than to fight off the negative effects that come with the realization of allowing yourself to believe in such absurdities. Don't lose hope my friend. There are brilliant human beings that have fallen prey to the same absurdities and should you choose to remove the veil you will immediately feel as important as others, the beauty that awaits a free mind, and the confidence that you can and will live a happier life your own way... naturally. A life governed by natural laws and reality is waiting for you.

Look I don't intend to be mean to you. In my atheistic mind I don't see the point in belittling anyone. I've practiced patience with others like you over the years but quite frankly my patience is wearing thin. I also, like yourself I'm sure, was brought to church as a young child but while you were doing what you were told despite the icky feeling inside I did everything in my power to reject and standalone if I had to. Those like you labeled me an outcast or trouble maker. I labeled myself a free thinker and didn't buy into what others wanted to label me as a result. That's a recipe to reject indoctrination. For years I've kept silent while people like yourself spread their inaccuracies like they're facts then when others disagree with your dogma you pray for them as if they're lost and just don't understand. I am aware that you are not listening to me. You're just reading fodder. Funny though that those you do listen to tell you men’s hearts are dark while I tell you there is natural goodness in you and that you choose what's next. They tell you that you are a sinner. They beat you down until you submit. I'm here when you decide to DE convert. And you pray for me?

Ok so can I have my time back since the OP was full of shit?
23-09-2014, 03:36 PM
Quote:You should have read through the responses before writing all that (it probably would have been quicker). He/she has basically admitted to being a troll, and is not actually praying for anyone.

I know but I hate that because by the time I get to the last reply everyone has already stated what I wanted to say. Consider
[+] 3 users Like dirtstar's post
23-09-2014, 03:59 PM
(23-09-2014 03:36 PM)dirtstar Wrote:  
Quote:You should have read through the responses before writing all that (it probably would have been quicker). He/she has basically admitted to being a troll, and is not actually praying for anyone.

I know but I hate that because by the time I get to the last reply everyone has already stated what I wanted to say. Consider

I have the same problem. It is why you see I have liked almost 1,000 posts and yet have posted less than 200 times.

I've recently started contributing my opinion, anyway.

Edit: Apparently I surpassed 200 posts and didn't realize it. Yay me.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
23-09-2014, 05:03 PM
(23-09-2014 02:21 PM)theonewhocries Wrote:  
(23-09-2014 11:53 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  So, you're saying your post here is you doing something deviant, and you're just studying our reactions?

no I am agnostic and to RobbyPants yes that's it I present it tomorrow making PowerPoint now.

So, how'd we do?

It'd be fun to see how the results would be skewed if Taq were still posting here.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
23-09-2014, 06:02 PM
(23-09-2014 02:21 PM)theonewhocries Wrote:  no I am agnostic and to RobbyPants yes that's it I present it tomorrow making PowerPoint now.

I'd be quite interested to see the results.

What's your original hypothesis, btw? Presumably something about in-group-ness and whether a minority group's auto-immune system responds more or less aggressively than groups who have the comfort factor of being perceived as the majority.

I'd be more interested in how 'authority' deals with deviance (or potential deviance) rather than the individuals within the group.

For this, I would, before posting anything, contact a forum's leadership and ask permission to do the experiment.

So the test would about governance and whether it was designed to protect/encourage the minority opinion or to protect from the minority opinion.

I'm pretty sure the Management team here would have said "fill yer boots, son".

Consider

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post