this guy says actual scientific facts then says God did it(new armored skeptic video)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-02-2015, 10:43 AM
this guy says actual scientific facts then says God did it(new armored skeptic video)

up to 4:59 he says actual facts
then he starts with the usual and unoriginal unending babbling we're so used to

didn't ID die after Kitzmiller vs Dover ? why are their still idiots still spouting whats already been disproven in a court of law as non-scientific

where do these people come from ? mars ?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-02-2015, 11:06 AM
RE: this guy sayss then says God did it(new armored skeptic video)
More of Team God using the shotgun method to get creationism into public schools.
They don't seem to think that dishonesty and douchebagery are wrong.
08-02-2015, 11:13 AM
RE: this guy says actual scientific facts then says God did it(new armored skeptic video)
28 minutes of that imbecility? Why would I want to bleed from the eyes like that?

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
08-02-2015, 11:19 AM
RE: this guy says actual scientific facts then says God did it(new armored skeptic video)
(08-02-2015 11:13 AM)Paleophyte Wrote:  28 minutes of that imbecility? Why would I want to bleed from the eyes like that?

well the first 5mins contain facts, those are worth watching, the rest er not so much
08-02-2015, 11:40 AM
(08-02-2015 10:43 AM)Ace Wrote:  didn't ID die after Kitzmiller vs Dover ? why are their still idiots still spouting whats already been disproven in a court of law as non-scientific

Unfortunately no. There are many people still reading the apologetics books that used it. I am suffering through one now with my wife.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
08-02-2015, 11:58 AM
I got to 7 minutes until he began to change the definition of evolution talking about molecules to man and somehow decided to blatantly begin to slide away from science into what he was paid to say on camera.

Paid for by idiots who don't want you to accept the findings of science.

My brother actually told me that science doesn't know how a rainbow works. -"You believe what they you. You don't really know. Nobody knows."

My head nearly exploded. WTF ?
I gave him an ear full of science and explained that we've known the truth about rainbows for a very very long time. Experiments can show exactly (precisely) what produces a rainbow. There is no more mystery here.

The thing is, I know he's getting this line "Nobody knows for sure." from the church he attends every Sunday and he believes it because he himself doesn't know exactly how a rainbow works, so then NOBODY knows.

Lack of science combined with someone speaking to large groups of people equals an authority saying "Nobody knows."

I try to give him rational replies, but I'm not going to teach a science class for a couple hours every Sunday, unless of course, I can get people to pay me 10% of their annual income.

My critical thinking skills that I would impart to them would cause the money to dry up rather quickly, I would think.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
08-02-2015, 12:42 PM
(08-02-2015 11:58 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  I got to 7 minutes until he began to change the definition of evolution talking about molecules to man and somehow decided to blatantly begin to slide away from science into what he was paid to say on camera.

Paid for by idiots who don't want you to accept the findings of science.

My brother actually told me that science doesn't know how a rainbow works. -"You believe what they you. You don't really know. Nobody knows."

My head nearly exploded. WTF ?
I gave him an ear full of science and explained that we've known the truth about rainbows for a very very long time. Experiments can show exactly (precisely) what produces a rainbow. There is no more mystery here.

The thing is, I know he's getting this line "Nobody knows for sure." from the church he attends every Sunday and he believes it because he himself doesn't know exactly how a rainbow works, so then NOBODY knows.

Lack of science combined with someone speaking to large groups of people equals an authority saying "Nobody knows."

I try to give him rational replies, but I'm not going to teach a science class for a couple hours every Sunday, unless of course, I can get people to pay me 10% of their annual income.

My critical thinking skills that I would impart to them would cause the money to dry up rather quickly, I would think.

take away their money supply, cancer and stem cell research needs more funding NOT fundies trying to promote their delusions
08-02-2015, 12:56 PM
Ahh. That Canadian twat.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]