this screenshot is hilarious but for all the wrong reasons

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-01-2017, 03:16 PM
RE: this screenshot is hilarious but for all the wrong reasons
(14-01-2017 02:50 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I have heard people saying this. Like in real life (just recently too) one person going on and on about those poor people stuck with Obamacare over paying for their medical insurance. They didn't understand why they didn't change to ACA.

It was at that point, I realized that I couldn't say anything. You can't begin to fix or repair that level of dumb.

Yet, here we are.

the sad part is these people are numerous, stupid, have access to the internet and aren't affected by facts or common sense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Ace's post
14-01-2017, 03:34 PM
(14-01-2017 02:50 PM)cactus Wrote:  I wouldn't be surprised if it's a Poe.

It's just another libturd pretending to be an idiot pubtard to reinforce the liberal elite false news that Drumpfkins are all morons from Canada.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
14-01-2017, 03:49 PM
(14-01-2017 03:16 PM)Ace Wrote:  
(14-01-2017 02:50 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I have heard people saying this. Like in real life (just recently too) one person going on and on about those poor people stuck with Obamacare over paying for their medical insurance. They didn't understand why they didn't change to ACA.

It was at that point, I realized that I couldn't say anything. You can't begin to fix or repair that level of dumb.

Yet, here we are.

the sad part is these people are numerous, stupid, have access to the internet and aren't affected by facts or common sense

They get their information from their echo chamber. They follow conservative (or liberal) people on social media, and listen only to conservative (or again liberal) radio or television, add to that the pulpit, and you've got mix of people who have never looked beyond their own backyard fence. Their friends are like them.

The biggest problem that this country faces (and it's not going away anytime soon) is that rural America and urban America seem to think their problems are different. But they share many of the same problems but they've been told repeatedly that they're different.

I want to have my thoughts and beliefs challenged at times, because it often makes me realize how how little I truly understood them and have to educate myself to defend them or abandon the thought or belief. A good example for me might be what used to be called "global warming" or climate change. I didn't fully grasp the concept but when people I liked and often respected began calling it a hoax I wanted to know more about that. I learned that it's complex and very much not a hoax, but I think people don't like complicated things. They like Yes/No Black/White etc..They don't see the whole spectrum of gray where most things dwell.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
14-01-2017, 03:55 PM

Yet, here we are.

...and they vote in large numbers! Facepalm
14-01-2017, 04:18 PM
(14-01-2017 02:50 PM)cactus Wrote:  I wouldn't be surprised if it's a Poe.

Unfortunately, no.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
14-01-2017, 04:33 PM
(14-01-2017 03:49 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  The biggest problem that this country faces (and it's not going away anytime soon) is that rural America and urban America seem to think their problems are different. But they share many of the same problems but they've been told repeatedly that they're different.

That is an interesting way to put it; I hadn't thought of it as what they are being told, but that does seem to be part of it.

This is a map of the 2016 presidential vote by county:

[Image: countymaprb512.png]

The vote is split almost perfectly on urban/rural areas. Here is the same map with the counties sized in proportion to population:

[Image: countycartrb512.png]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
14-01-2017, 09:41 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong buy the 51-48 vote was for cloture, i.e., bring discussion to an end and vote on the measure. Cloture takes 60 votes to pass and the G.O.P. does not have that many senators. Bottom line, the G.O.P. does not have the votes to repeal Obamacare.

They can defund it since funding measures cannot be filibustered. But they've already been doing and Obamacare, i.e., the ACA, is still in place and seems to be working. So what's going on?

Sapere aude
14-01-2017, 11:46 PM
this screenshot is hilarious but for all the wrong reasons
I was thinking that picture was gonna lead to some math conspiracy

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
15-01-2017, 12:02 AM

Yet, here we are.

No, the sad part is they vote, which allows them to enforce their ignorance upon others.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
15-01-2017, 12:28 AM
(14-01-2017 04:33 PM)Chas Wrote:  ...

The vote is split almost perfectly on urban/rural areas. Here is the same map with the counties sized in proportion to population:

[Image: countycartrb512.png]

I feel sorry for those living in Florida. Seems like purple at the end would be more appropriate.

It does explain a lot though.

Angel