those mythical decades we call the 70'-2012

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-11-2012, 12:49 AM
RE: those mythical decades we call the 70'-2012
O tink yo at probly roght.

Fut4r orthers wl no dowt hv oltern8 spling 2.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2012, 10:00 AM
(11-11-2012 12:42 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I am also having trouble understanding what you are asking, but I am not going to be nasty about it. If you are asking if people in the year 3010 might see our current time period and our recent history as a sort of dark ages, it is possible. Given our violent nature though, the people of the year 3010 (assuming we are not extinct) may see our time period as the good old days when we had technology. Wars could be fought with drones and missles, instead of the sticks and stones they are fighting WW4 with. Who knows, anything might happen. For all we know, Earth might be abandoned long before then. I hope I answered your question.

nice answer.. butttt I was actually talking about how past decades become mythical to people in the future. just look at how we treat any story that happens before the 1940's that isn't normal.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
11-11-2012, 01:38 PM
I think he is talking about old novels that depict the future - which is now. And how we are not where they used to think we would be, technologically etc.

And about how today's novels about the future will be looked upon by the generations of the future.

That's what I think the topic is.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
11-11-2012, 04:03 PM
This could actually be an interesting topic once we have established just what it is Consider

kunoxian drive, maybe you could try rephrasing your question?
11-11-2012, 04:25 PM
(11-11-2012 01:38 PM)Dom Wrote:  I think he is talking about old novels that depict the future - which is now. And how we are not where they used to think we would be, technologically etc.

And about how today's novels about the future will be looked upon by the generations of the future.

That's what I think the topic is.
that is the basic concept andf I would love to talk about that buttttt.... as the year progress the way we view the past changes. some how become more mythical in fiction. a good example would be any steam punk novel that treats steam power on par with nuclear. and yes now I am incorporated what you said because it's the same effect except back wards. people look at future decades and wonder what it's going to be. but with a little imagination the past is just as interesting. even with 20 20 hind site a lot of books seem to do what future generations of writers will do to us and that is.... make us a magical society that did not know science and used ancient forces to do our biding. that will be what they write about when they look back.

p.s. you think of the same effect I am but your thinking of it in reverse.

11-11-2012, 05:19 PM
Well, I always maintain that we don't know shit and that in the future people will think our level of science to be as silly as we think alchemy and blood-letting is.

With the magical - I suppose you are talking about religion?

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
11-11-2012, 06:11 PM
I am certain either KD or myself have accidentally smoked WAY too much weed. I'm pretty sure I'm straight right now, but it doesn't feel like it when I read KDs posts.

Weird.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
11-11-2012, 07:32 PM
(11-11-2012 05:19 PM)Dom Wrote:  Well, I always maintain that we don't know shit and that in the future people will think our level of science to be as silly as we think alchemy and blood-letting is.

With the magical - I suppose you are talking about religion?
exactlly... but in a side note isnt weird though that no matter how advanced the civilization we think were number 1 as well, I find that people are always like that about the period of time they live in.

11-11-2012, 07:38 PM
(11-11-2012 06:11 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I am certain either KD or myself have accidentally smoked WAY too much weed. I'm pretty sure I'm straight right now, but it doesn't feel like it when I read KDs posts.

Weird.
are you saying I am trippy...... lol. no I just like to think about things a inquire there meaning. I am deep that way but if you inquiring that i do drugs then the answer is no.

11-11-2012, 07:42 PM
(11-11-2012 07:38 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  
(11-11-2012 06:11 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I am certain either KD or myself have accidentally smoked WAY too much weed. I'm pretty sure I'm straight right now, but it doesn't feel like it when I read KDs posts.

Weird.
are you saying I am trippy...... lol. no I just like to think about things a inquire there meaning. I am deep that way but if you inquiring that i do drugs then the answer is no.

In that case, it must be your keyboard that is tripping.

Hobo

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post