thought to ponder

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-12-2016, 01:15 PM
RE: thought to ponder
(26-12-2016 01:06 PM)SYZ Wrote:  jennylindstrom99 is obviously another drive-by Sigh...

Maybe she was raptured Wink

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
26-12-2016, 02:49 PM
(23-12-2016 10:27 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(23-12-2016 10:07 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Bots don't revisit territory they've already marked.

What is the point of starting a thread in the first place?

As the prophet of Gwynnies points out, they get us talking to each other.

#sigh
26-12-2016, 02:55 PM
(26-12-2016 02:49 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(23-12-2016 10:27 AM)Aliza Wrote:  What is the point of starting a thread in the first place?

As the prophet of Gwynnies points out, they get us talking to each other.

But they never seem to make us ponder, do they?
26-12-2016, 02:57 PM (This post was last modified: 26-12-2016 03:03 PM by GirlyMan.)
(26-12-2016 02:55 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(26-12-2016 02:49 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  As the prophet of Gwynnies points out, they get us talking to each other.

I find pondering ponderous anyway. Big Grin

#sigh
26-12-2016, 03:08 PM
(26-12-2016 02:55 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(26-12-2016 02:49 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  As the prophet of Gwynnies points out, they get us talking to each other.

Was it really a bot? Maybe someone hoping that loadsa people would spam Jenny's gmail address? Could we do something about it mods? Delete the thread maybe? I don't think any particularly timeless gems were said in it.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
26-12-2016, 03:16 PM
I can only reflect much of what others have said.

We are all entitled to believe in anything we wish - in private without publicaly trying to badger others or shouting their bigotry and prejudice.

As a humanist I would never consider trying to convert another, but should a believer in what I consider the supernatural wish to genuinely - with mutual respect - debate the nature of our dissimilar stances, yup, I am up for that.

What I believe works for me and determines how I interact with the world - just like those who believe in gods etc. Where our aims compliment I am happy to lend my efforts to theirs.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
11-01-2017, 10:37 AM
(22-12-2016 09:07 AM)jennylindstrom99@gmail.com Wrote:  I would like to present a question without representing any side.

Is the definition of a belief an individual opinion that everyone has the right to make for themselves?

Then why are Christians ask to prove their choice? Shouldn't atheists be required the equal request to show evidence that proves God or any God does NOT exist? Or prove that there is no life after death?

If we say there is no God are we making a claim as if we are qualified to make that claim? but a fair argument would ask: what qualifies Christians to claim there is a God? Regardless of the side you're on, what does qualify us as individuals to claim truth. And does our opinion what we belief to be the meaning of life make our belief truth? Does the fact that we believe in what we believe make it true or does self proclamation allow us the belief that our opinion is correct?

Why are those who believe that God is real and people who reject Christ can not enter heaven considered intolerable because they practice what they believe?

Are they expected to change their belief and be tolerant to others who do not agree? Wouldn't the person accusing them of being intolerant of other beliefs be claiming their belief to be truth by intolerating the beliefs they decided is incorrect?

Atheists Christians and all religions agree on a truth that our lives have followed regardless of belief. Every language includes the words bad and good right are wrong.

Where and why were these words created in every language understood as truth included in the foundation of all communication. Christianity is the only religion that claims moral truth. All other religion teaches truth because in order to change truth as a foundation, it takes learning doctric to leave the birthplace of truth

No. There is no onus to prove that the non-existent does not exist. It simply does not exist. You are required to provide evidence of your claims only if you want others to accept them as true. You are free to believe anthything you want and go along your merry way.

Every language has words for right and wrong because no Human could live without such knowledge and these concepts are formed objectively by looking at reality and recognizing the fact that some things promote life and the enjoyment of life such as food, clothing, shelter, calm weather, rain for our crops and good health. We also recognize that some things do not promote life and the enjoyment of life such as starvation, disease, hurricanes, poison, crime, the initiation of force, bee stings and broken bones.

Truth is simply the recognition of reality. It does not have a supernatural source but is rooted firmly in the reality that we percieve.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick