top 10 movies and why

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-06-2011, 01:25 PM
RE: top 10 movies and why
This is a hard one for me as I fancy myself a bit of a movie buff, and enjoy a grand many films. But I will chock them down as best I can.

No order though that would take me more time than I am willing to spend on it.

Fight Club: The message is an honest one, plus I'm not gay but I'm pretty sure I'd have sex with Brad Pitt.
Raiders Of The Lost Ark: Pulp at it's finest. Pure adventure. Great fun.
Evil Dead II: Bruce Campbell is great in every way and this is his finest film although most would say Army Of Darkness.
American Beauty: Kevin Spacey is hilarious in this movie that I imagine is inadvertently funny more often than when attempted on purpose.
Yojimbo: How does one pick an Akira Kurosawa movie as the best one? Impossible so I picked the first one I ever saw.
Blade Runner: Forget Han Solo. Seriously do it. This movie is a much better Sci-Fi.
Rear Window: Hitchcock at his best, spawned many imitators, no successors.
Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind: Weird romance, with amazing visuals. Only movie Jim Carey is in that is still worth watching, and it's the one barely anyone knows about.
Grandma's Boy: Ok I added this as the only tried and true comedy and I know it's not actually good as a whole, but taken only in pieces it's the only movie that makes me laugh every time. I mean racecar bed! look it up.
Idiocracy: The future if we live to see it. Take it less as a corny plot and more as a vision and it succeeds so much better.

I typically like horror movies best but I felt that would over saturate my list so...
It's also quite difficult to remain original with you guys and girls all liking some great movies. I have yet to see a list where I completely disagreed with anything on it.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply