top 10 theories about who really wrote the bible

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-09-2014, 01:09 PM
top 10 theories about who really wrote the bible
I love when the news actually posts something factual, instead of gooing over whatever shoe one of the kardashian sluts wears...

Here are the top ten theories of who actually wrote the bible. None of these are news to me as I obsess about this and use it as a hammer to smash creationists with, but nice to see it on yahoo news Smile

http://listverse.com/2014/09/08/10-theor...the-bible/

Drooling

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
08-09-2014, 05:57 PM
RE: top 10 theories about who really wrote the bible
(08-09-2014 01:09 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  I love when the news actually posts something factual, instead of gooing over whatever shoe one of the kardashian sluts wears...

Here are the top ten theories of who actually wrote the bible. None of these are news to me as I obsess about this and use it as a hammer to smash creationists with, but nice to see it on yahoo news Smile

Drooling

Thanks. This is a keeper. It's one of my pet peeves as well though I haven't done the in depth studying you have. I'm re-reading the Bible Unearthed as I had a lot going on when I first read it last year and not much sank in. I've read several Bart Ehrman books and when I get around to it I'll read further information on who wrote the bible.

It's a very human book and far more interesting because it wasn't written by who they say wrote it.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
08-09-2014, 06:02 PM
(08-09-2014 01:09 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  I love when the news actually posts something factual, instead of gooing over whatever shoe one of the kardashian sluts wears...

Drooling

PS. Ugh. Read the comment section. I despair sometimes.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
08-09-2014, 06:14 PM
(08-09-2014 06:02 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  

Drooling

PS. Ugh. Read the comment section. I despair sometimes.

lol, yeah I purposely chose NOT to do that, I always get sucked in and when you wrestle a pig, you get dirty and the pig likes it...

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
08-09-2014, 06:27 PM
(08-09-2014 06:02 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  PS. Ugh. Read the comment section. I despair sometimes.

Interesting that the comments don't actually dispute the evidence but just rail about how evil atheists are for trying to take away their security blanket.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
08-09-2014, 06:49 PM
(08-09-2014 06:27 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(08-09-2014 06:02 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  PS. Ugh. Read the comment section. I despair sometimes.

Interesting that the comments don't actually dispute the evidence but just rail about how evil atheists are for trying to take away their security blanket.

Welcome to the comment section of every religious article that doesn't go their way ever Laugh out load

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
08-09-2014, 07:50 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2014 05:56 AM by Bucky Ball.)

Drooling

All pretty much common knowledge. There was no Moses, so he absolutely could not have written anything. The DH is common knowledge, (it's been "adjusted" some, but it stands, as is everything else they list). There are some more complex origin theories for Deuteronomy of late, but it's a completely different "thing" than what precedes it. The analysis of dialect and vocabulary use (and change) is getting to be very advanced, and specific, so they know more and more about location and dating than anyone ever thought possible. The answer to why there are conflicting things in Paul is, there were at least 2 people writing under that name. Lining up their conflicting statements is one easy way to demonstrate deeply disparate philosophies.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
08-09-2014, 07:52 PM
Quote:PS. Ugh. Read the comment section. I despair sometimes.

Don't read the comments. Too many fucking morons out there.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
09-09-2014, 05:30 AM
(08-09-2014 07:50 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

Drooling

All pretty much common knowledge. There was no Moses, so he absolutely could not have written anything. The DH is common knowledge, (it's been "adjusted" some, but it stands, as is everything else they list). There are some more complex origin theories for Deuteronomy of late, but it's a completely different "thing" than what precedes it. The answer to why there are conflicting things in Paul is, there were at least 2 people writing under that name. Lining up their conflicting statements is one easy way to demonstrate deeply disparate philosophies.

Yup, nice to see it on the main news area of yahoo for once, educating the public is hard to do when the news happily splashes the latest pro jesus story across the top, but typically buries any contradicting information, unless of course if they seek to light up their forums and cause server crash by posting stuff like this Smile

09-09-2014, 05:52 AM
(09-09-2014 05:30 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(08-09-2014 07:50 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  All pretty much common knowledge. There was no Moses, so he absolutely could not have written anything. The DH is common knowledge, (it's been "adjusted" some, but it stands, as is everything else they list). There are some more complex origin theories for Deuteronomy of late, but it's a completely different "thing" than what precedes it. The answer to why there are conflicting things in Paul is, there were at least 2 people writing under that name. Lining up their conflicting statements is one easy way to demonstrate deeply disparate philosophies.

Yup, nice to see it on the main news area of yahoo for once, educating the public is hard to do when the news happily splashes the latest pro jesus story across the top, but typically buries any contradicting information, unless of course if they seek to light up their forums and cause server crash by posting stuff like this Smile

So true. Look at this (!) : http://www.salon.com/2014/09/01/5_reason...r_existed/

I was a bit suprised to see this, in a way. Of course the fundies are having a field day with it, and the comments reflect the same-ole same-ole. But at least this topic is no longer just dismissed as "wacko". Was thinking we should start a thread here about it, (maybe it's been done to death ??? ) but I have some new thoughts, now that I know more of the history of the time, (turn of the millenium).

We can call it "The Dog that Didn't Bark". Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.