truth vs Truth

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-11-2014, 06:15 PM
RE: truth vs Truth
When Christians refer to He and Him with capital H's ... it's just grammatically wrong. Best response is to refer to 'it', or 'your god'.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2014, 06:17 PM
(01-11-2014 04:43 PM)Chas Wrote:  [Image: Declaration-of-Independence-broadside-17...ation2.jpg]

You know what Chas, Declaration of Independence capitalizations even bother me. I find it a sort of self important. The word "truth" in that great document doesn't need a capital. Truth is truth, it doesn't need a capital T. It's even better when it's a humble, small t.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
01-11-2014, 06:21 PM
This Too Is A Pet Peeve Of Mine Tongue

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
01-11-2014, 06:28 PM
(01-11-2014 06:17 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(01-11-2014 04:43 PM)Chas Wrote:  [Image: Declaration-of-Independence-broadside-17...ation2.jpg]

You know what Chas, Declaration of Independence capitalizations even bother me. I find it a sort of self important. The word "truth" in that great document doesn't need a capital. Truth is truth, it doesn't need a capital T. It's even better when it's a humble, small t.

Yabut, That was Then, This is Now.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-11-2014, 07:24 PM
(01-11-2014 06:28 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(01-11-2014 06:17 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  You know what Chas, Declaration of Independence capitalizations even bother me. I find it a sort of self important. The word "truth" in that great document doesn't need a capital. Truth is truth, it doesn't need a capital T. It's even better when it's a humble, small t.

Yabut, That was Then, This is Now.

Yes, that was Then wasn't it! Angry

But this is now, isn't it? Wink

[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
01-11-2014, 09:33 PM
(01-11-2014 03:29 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I should maybe put this in the ranting section because it annoys me sooooo much but anyway....I'll take my chances in this section.

Why the hell do religious nuts feel the need to capitalize "Truth" and "Belief" and other words. I've seen the word "Life" capitalized by theists and "Nature" and "Wonder" and anything they want to connect with their god. When I see theists capitalize the first letter of a word, I immediately get pissed. Is anyone else super annoyed by this?

It is kind of annoying but nature is one that might deserve a capitalized first letter. It does sum up everything.
01-11-2014, 11:42 PM
I do know of one instance where it makes a difference. In some Catholic theology they use Tradition vs tradition. tradition is used as normal but Tradition refers to what is believed to be the apostles interpretation of scripture and is considered infallible.

Also capitalizing personal pronouns for God is just Tradition.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
02-11-2014, 09:28 AM
(01-11-2014 09:33 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(01-11-2014 03:29 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I should maybe put this in the ranting section because it annoys me sooooo much but anyway....I'll take my chances in this section.

Why the hell do religious nuts feel the need to capitalize "Truth" and "Belief" and other words. I've seen the word "Life" capitalized by theists and "Nature" and "Wonder" and anything they want to connect with their god. When I see theists capitalize the first letter of a word, I immediately get pissed. Is anyone else super annoyed by this?

It is kind of annoying but nature is one that might deserve a capitalized first letter. It does sum up everything.

When I see Nature capitalized I assume it's referring to the journal.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
02-11-2014, 10:19 AM
(01-11-2014 11:42 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  I do know of one instance where it makes a difference. In some Catholic theology they use Tradition vs tradition. tradition is used as normal but Tradition refers to what is believed to be the apostles interpretation of scripture and is considered infallible.

I use the lower case "g" in god just to mess with theists heads and I'll bet many of you do to. I see it all the time in comment sections of youtube or other websites.

Theists=
God, GOD, Savior, SAVIOR and pressing the CAP LOCK POSITION, because when you use the CAP LOCK POSITION it makes it all TRUE! .Dodgy

Atheist=
god, sky daddy, fairy tales, and the lower case, easy typing positionsBig Grin.

02-11-2014, 11:17 AM
(02-11-2014 10:19 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(01-11-2014 11:42 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  I do know of one instance where it makes a difference. In some Catholic theology they use Tradition vs tradition. tradition is used as normal but Tradition refers to what is believed to be the apostles interpretation of scripture and is considered infallible.

I use the lower case "g" in god just to mess with theists heads and I'll bet many of you do to. I see it all the time in comment sections of youtube or other websites.

Theists=
God, GOD, Savior, SAVIOR and pressing the CAP LOCK POSITION, because when you use the CAP LOCK POSITION it makes it all TRUE! .Dodgy

Atheist=
god, sky daddy, fairy tales, and the lower case, easy typing positionsBig Grin.

Personally I use the lower case g because I see no reason to do otherwise. The fact that it might annoy or offend is just incidental.