truth vs Truth

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-11-2014, 12:01 PM
RE: truth vs Truth
(02-11-2014 11:17 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  Personally I use the lower case g because I see no reason to do otherwise. The fact that it might annoy or offend is just incidental.

A bonus. Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2014, 12:04 PM
RE: truth vs Truth
(01-11-2014 04:10 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(01-11-2014 03:29 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I should maybe put this in the ranting section because it annoys me sooooo much but anyway....I'll take my chances in this section.

Why the hell do religious nuts feel the need to capitalize "Truth" and "Belief" and other words. I've seen the word "Life" capitalized by theists and "Nature" and "Wonder" and anything they want to connect with their god. When I see theists capitalize the first letter of a word, I immediately get pissed. Is anyone else super annoyed by this?

I suppose they think it shows emphasis and/or respect but don't seem to realize that overuse actually lessons the impact of what is being said. Like the people we have had here that like bold letters for everything or who type in all caps or the ones we have had that think large fonts in odd colors will change minds.

Like the boy who cried wolf it causes the opposite response from what was desired.

Or they could just be pompous asses. Tongue

Anj took my answer. So this^

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply