truthiness and other said sound bites

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-08-2012, 11:02 AM
truthiness and other said sound bites
well I looked around and I think these two question seem to fit in.
Q1. how can you tell whats true now of days. i know that is a very vague question. it definitely isn't vague to me though. basically I find that the world has one major problem. it's the fact that we trust any source that comes along as official. even worse we are addicted to the sound bite. ia few good examples if i can think of them.

I was talking with a person that new something about stem cells but he said in a l lot of his arguments people seem to say that adult stem cells have produced three hundred treatments. I hope I am accurately saying this but he said that there where three hundred treatment from the same procedure. one of the things i took away from that is that people like to use these sound good arguments despite the actual truth. no one is amune from this even me and that is because I can't no everything. which brings me to my delima. how can you tell whats true anymore. I mean even common seance. something we all rely on every day isn't always right. I find that I am a good career of what i hear and find to be true.{really bad in an argument though. anybody can defeat me but that's an even longer story.

Q2. the echoesphere=there s this effect on people that I see a lot that I find to be true. people seem to only get information that affirms their beliefs. one reason is that the seem to find their information from people that only believe what they believe. so I realy hope to get out of something like that. for one reason is that I am a conservative and a atheist. now this is not a problem to with me but youtube seems to be an echoesphere of it's ow. I mean it uses the things you look up to find you similar things you might like. this is weird because no matter how I look things up I seem to find that most atheist are liberal. which is a big help but begs to question on if anybody can escape this effect.

p.s. the worse thing that ever happened to humanity was the demographic. the second they had the ability to heard we became sheepile and that's not good.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-08-2012, 12:41 PM
RE: truthiness and other said sound bites
Sorry, but can you rephrase the two paragraphs into two clearly stated questions? The way it is now sounds vague (as you said) and unspecified.

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
24-08-2012, 12:48 PM
actually yes I will

Q1. how can you tell what is true now of days and what made you come up with the answer{process wise.}
Q2. how can you get fresh opinoion that isn't from your own camp of thinking.

p.s. sorry best I can do.

24-08-2012, 12:54 PM
(24-08-2012 12:48 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  actually yes I will
Thanks. Yes

(24-08-2012 12:48 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  Q1. how can you tell what is true now of days and what made you come up with the answer{process wise.}
I asked myself that question before and I've come to the conclusion that all it requires is extensive research, i.e. comparing different sources, finding differences and similarities between them, getting as much information as possible and filtering out the biased parts.

(24-08-2012 12:48 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  Q2. how can you get fresh opinoion that isn't from your own camp of thinking.
All you have to do is visiting the other side's "lair"(such as theist boards), watch debates between two (or more) people from different factions (for example: "Hitchens vs Craig"), read the books from authors of both sides and so on.

24-08-2012, 01:43 PM
thank you....!!!!

24-08-2012, 01:45 PM
(24-08-2012 01:43 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  thank you....!!!!
You're welcome. If I recall correctly, you mentioned that you have four or five questions (in your introduction thread). What are the other ones?

24-08-2012, 02:11 PM
this one is kind of odd and I don't know if it will apply to everyone so I split it.

Q3. what was the hardest thing you had to tell people{a.k.a the out of the closet moment... wether it be athe atheist closet or what.}

the reason I ask is because I had to ask this quwetstion on a forum with people of verying opinions but looking for one in particular.}

Q2. what is the hardest losetto come out of{ I say this because I have been in multiple ones for years and after a while my life started to become a lie.} that's why I have tried but mostly have succeeded.

24-08-2012, 02:26 PM
sorry for not putting more details but I am skittish when it comes to these things...

I have been looking for a proper place to ask these questions.

24-08-2012, 02:50 PM
(24-08-2012 02:11 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  Q3. what was the hardest thing you had to tell people{a.k.a the out of the closet moment... wether it be athe atheist closet or what.}
I can't answer that question, because I'm still a closet atheist.

(24-08-2012 02:11 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  Q2. what is the hardest losetto come out of{ I say this because I have been in multiple ones for years and after a while my life started to become a lie.} that's why I have tried but mostly have succeeded.
I have no idea what you're talking about. Huh

24-08-2012, 02:53 PM
in other qords given every tghing you could keep secret what would be the hardest thing to tell someone.