tv wars. am i wrong?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-10-2015, 12:43 PM
tv wars. am i wrong?
We have cable for the first time in a very long time. We have the big TV in the living room and one in my husbands 'man cave'. Right nowy stepson is staying with us for a few weeks. So when I go to work they watch movies and stuff sometimes no big deal. However when I get home and he is at work I turn on the TV and there is nothing I have no idea how to fix it or anything.

My question is I'm I wrong for wanti g him to to put it back on cable or to use the TV in his 'man cave'? I will say something and he says you can pit it back. So it gets a little heated from there because I DO NOT know what I'm doing. Ive tried!

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-10-2015, 12:48 PM
RE: tv wars. am i wrong?
(16-10-2015 12:43 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  We have cable for the first time in a very long time. We have the big TV in the living room and one in my husbands 'man cave'. Right nowy stepson is staying with us for a few weeks. So when I go to work they watch movies and stuff sometimes no big deal. However when I get home and he is at work I turn on the TV and there is nothing I have no idea how to fix it or anything.

My question is I'm I wrong for wanti g him to to put it back on cable or to use the TV in his 'man cave'? I will say something and he says you can pit it back. So it gets a little heated from there because I DO NOT know what I'm doing. Ive tried!

Thanks

Sounds like you need a Harmony Remote and someone to set it up for you.

It's an automated "smart remote". I got my grandma one a while back and just labeled it "Play DVD" and it automatically turns on everything, switches to the correct input, and then plays the DVD.

You can program them for all kinds of things like that.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 2 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
16-10-2015, 01:00 PM
Yeah what he said^^^^

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
16-10-2015, 01:17 PM
It's annoying, but it's probably better to learn how to switch things around yourself. Ask him or your husband to show you what buttons on the remote to use to switch back to cable. Do it a couple of times to practice, and write down the instructions to remind you.

Or check out some DVDs from the library so you can watch them when you can't access cable.
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
16-10-2015, 01:28 PM
He has showed me many times. Im just electronic stupid. And he should get that remote because if I did I'd get the wrong one and program it wrong I know I will. I don't understand the problem with just putting it back or better get he can use the TV in his room! Whu is that so hard?
16-10-2015, 01:31 PM
(16-10-2015 01:28 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  He has showed me many times. Im just electronic stupid. And he should get that remote because if I did I'd get the wrong one and program it wrong I know I will. I don't understand the problem with just putting it back or better get he can use the TV in his room! Whu is that so hard?

I get it. I know several people that are like that. They're not unintelligent, but how the electronics all talk to each other just doesn't make sense. Yeah, I think he should change it back for you, but I would seriously look into the remote. After setting it up, I never had to help her out again. Thumbsup

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
16-10-2015, 01:49 PM
I am an electronic idiot and I've only recently learned how to turn on my computer and find a few sites by myself. I cannot operate a TV set and we have them all over the house. Your husband should accommodate you because it's the thoughtful thing to do. I've asked my wife not to help me with this shit or leave the TV set up so I can watch 166 channels at will. My life is much better when there are only guns, horses, books, and a few friends in it.
[+] 1 user Likes Black Eagle's post
16-10-2015, 01:54 PM
(16-10-2015 01:31 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(16-10-2015 01:28 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  He has showed me many times. Im just electronic stupid. And he should get that remote because if I did I'd get the wrong one and program it wrong I know I will. I don't understand the problem with just putting it back or better get he can use the TV in his room! Whu is that so hard?

I get it. I know several people that are like that. They're not unintelligent, but how the electronics all talk to each other just doesn't make sense. Yeah, I think he should change it back for you, but I would seriously look into the remote. After setting it up, I never had to help her out again. :thumbsup:

Thank you someone that gets it. We have been married over 12 years now and he should know how I am. Ive talked to him tooany dang times, you'd think he'd get it through his head that I do not know what I'm doing. I guess every time he doesn't put it back I'll call him at work to fix it. Lol
16-10-2015, 01:58 PM
(16-10-2015 01:54 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  
(16-10-2015 01:31 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  I get it. I know several people that are like that. They're not unintelligent, but how the electronics all talk to each other just doesn't make sense. Yeah, I think he should change it back for you, but I would seriously look into the remote. After setting it up, I never had to help her out again. Thumbsup

Thank you someone that gets it. We have been married over 12 years now and he should know how I am. Ive talked to him tooany dang times, you'd think he'd get it through his head that I do not know what I'm doing. I guess every time he doesn't put it back I'll call him at work to fix it. Lol

I don't want to start a row, but I bet if you called someone and paid them to fix it every time he does it, he'd quit real freakin quick. Laugh out load

16-10-2015, 02:14 PM
(16-10-2015 01:58 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(16-10-2015 01:54 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  Thank you someone that gets it. We have been married over 12 years now and he should know how I am. Ive talked to him tooany dang times, you'd think he'd get it through his head that I do not know what I'm doing. I guess every time he doesn't put it back I'll call him at work to fix it. Lol

I don't want to start a row, but I bet if you called someone and paid them to fix it every time he does it, he'd quit real freakin quick. Laugh out load

Yep thanks for the idea. But I think if I call him every time while he's at work to fix it he will do something to make sure I can fix it myself or he will put it back before he leaves. Lol
[+] 1 user Likes purpledaisies's post