ugh taxes amirite

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-04-2015, 11:03 AM
RE: ugh taxes amirite
I used to use a tax lawyer, now I use an accountant. I am not rich, but being in biz for yourself, it always pays to have a good accountant. This will be my first post-business year, I sold out last year. It will be interesting to see how it all pans out now.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-04-2015, 11:04 AM
I just fill out the taxes online. Takes a few minutes and done. I dont know why people get so strung up about it. I suppose if you have a business or something its way more a pain in the ass.
13-04-2015, 11:14 AM
(13-04-2015 11:04 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I just fill out the taxes online. Takes a few minutes and done. I dont know why people get so strung up about it. I suppose if you have a business or something its way more a pain in the ass.

Being a business is nuts. You end up wasting all kinds of money on things you neither want or need so you don't have to give more than that to the state because your tax bracket is too high. And of course all the work in documenting this using different schedules. Nuts.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
13-04-2015, 11:17 AM
(13-04-2015 11:14 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(13-04-2015 11:04 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I just fill out the taxes online. Takes a few minutes and done. I dont know why people get so strung up about it. I suppose if you have a business or something its way more a pain in the ass.

Being a business is nuts. You end up wasting all kinds of money on things you neither want or need so you don't have to give more than that to the state because your tax bracket is too high. And of course all the work in documenting this using different schedules. Nuts.

Eww. I'll pass thanks.
Tongue
13-04-2015, 11:18 AM
(13-04-2015 08:59 AM)KUSA Wrote:  
(13-04-2015 08:19 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  I pay pretty high taxes. The $55 is a flat rate. Everyone pays that.. You got fucked!

No. You had some H&R Block bullshit that is for the average non money making worker. I had to get a real accountant because I make a fuckload of money.
Flex Rainbow Vomit

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
14-04-2015, 04:04 PM
(13-04-2015 11:03 AM)Dom Wrote:  I used to use a tax lawyer, now I use an accountant. I am not rich, but being in biz for yourself, it always pays to have a good accountant. This will be my first post-business year, I sold out last year. It will be interesting to see how it all pans out now.

As a working fool, my taxes are straightforward but one year my daughter earned $500 from playing guitar at Fuddruckers. $500 is the threshold for paying self-employment taxes. My God what a fucking nightmare. I'm like "Well here's a damn good reason not to start my own business."

(13-04-2015 08:59 AM)KUSA Wrote:  
(13-04-2015 08:19 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  I pay pretty high taxes. The $55 is a flat rate. Everyone pays that.. You got fucked!

No. You had some H&R Block bullshit that is for the average non money making worker. I had to get a real accountant because I make a fuckload of money.

Actually once you make enough money it doesn't even pay to itemize anymore because deductions are gradually phased out. Most of my colleagues whose wives also work are better off just taking the standard deduction. No accountant necessary.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus