un freaking believable

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-10-2015, 01:26 PM
un freaking believable
we get many folks here that live in the "Bible Belt" and when they say they are scared to come out of the closet to family and friends and employers, there is good cause. These types of communities will hold it against you- not hire you, not promote you, kick you out of your home. Others from different parts of the world sometimes have trouble understanding how intense it is.

Here is an example of a school board meeting in the FL panhandle, just this past week. Apparently there was a motion to change the invocation to a moment of silence.

I suggest skipping thru it, because if you watch the whole thing your head might explode.

these people are the reason some choose to stay in the closet, and when they do decide they have to come out it can be really, really hard.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
14-10-2015, 01:28 PM
RE: un freaking believable
Can't watch from work, but given what you wrote, I think I can guess how it went...
14-10-2015, 01:39 PM
Gotta love the determination of that guy. The childish behavior of those believers is repugnant. I truly think the biggest problem theists have is the lack of ability to put the shoe on the other foot. Morons.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like WillHopp's post
14-10-2015, 01:47 PM
(14-10-2015 01:39 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Gotta love the determination of that guy. The childish behavior of those believers is repugnant. I truly think the biggest problem theists have is the lack of ability to put the shoe on the other foot. Morons.

Agree. Kudos to the maverick. I detected a prayer to the FSM among the chaos.
[+] 3 users Like docskeptic's post
14-10-2015, 02:00 PM
It is terrorfying how incredible the power of stupidity, intolerance and blind faith can be in large numbers.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 3 users Like Shadow Fox's post
14-10-2015, 02:08 PM
Yep I've lost most of my family partly because of this but mostly because my mom I'd nuts. But I've seen shit that pisses me off so bad especially to kids that don't understand why adults are being mean to them.
[+] 1 user Likes purpledaisies's post
14-10-2015, 02:13 PM
just makes me angry....the ignorance is stifling.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
14-10-2015, 02:14 PM
My god. This is at a school event? This looks like a church service.Luckily I'm literally on the opposite side of the country.

Holy eff they start chanting like they are performing an exorcism.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
14-10-2015, 02:20 PM
They actually sound pretty good singing amazing grace (i like church choir music).

I had no idea that "praise god" was part of that song.

14-10-2015, 02:28 PM
I recommend watching the whole thing, just so you can get to the end where the black dudes come out cursing him away in "the name of cheesus." Seriously, he is not pronounces his Js.

[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post