un freaking believable

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-10-2015, 09:04 AM
RE: un freaking believable
(14-10-2015 01:26 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  we get many folks here that live in the "Bible Belt" and when they say they are scared to come out of the closet to family and friends and employers, there is good cause. These types of communities will hold it against you- not hire you, not promote you, kick you out of your home. Others from different parts of the world sometimes have trouble understanding how intense it is.

Here is an example of a school board meeting in the FL panhandle, just this past week. Apparently there was a motion to change the invocation to a moment of silence.

I suggest skipping thru it, because if you watch the whole thing your head might explode.

these people are the reason some choose to stay in the closet, and when they do decide they have to come out it can be really, really hard.

This is a prime example of why religion is bad and bad for society. When men don't use reason, they will inevitably resort to force, in this case shouting but one could easily see this escalating to a brawl. This is what is happening in the Middle east between the Shiites and the Sunnis. It is happening between the Jews and the Shiites and the Sunnis. It happened in Kosovo between the Muslims and the Christians. It happened in Ireland between the Catholics and the Protestants. It is happening all over the world. Religion is just another form of tribalism and tribalism leads to unending conflict. The founding fathers were very smart to separate religion from government.

Religion promotes faith which is the opposite of reason. It will always end in violence.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like true scotsman's post
16-10-2015, 09:08 AM
I wouldn't worry about the kid. That looked like a kid that could see the madness around him and was enjoying watching it rather than getting caught up in it himself. The way the camera focused on him, it was probably a kid who had some sane parents.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
16-10-2015, 09:37 AM
I think my response to the cheesus guy when he started shouting "the blood of cheesus is against you" would be to feign a heart attack and start flopping around on the floor convulsing. And when they start whooping it up over their supposed cheesus victory, I would jump up smiling and start doing the macarana Big Grin

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Octapulse's post
16-10-2015, 10:24 AM
(16-10-2015 09:37 AM)Octapulse Wrote:  I think my response to the cheesus guy when he started shouting "the blood of cheesus is against you" would be to feign a heart attack and start flopping around on the floor convulsing. And when they start whooping it up over their supposed cheesus victory, I would jump up smiling and start doing the macarana Big Grin

Is that the devil's dance?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
16-10-2015, 10:25 AM
(15-10-2015 11:58 PM)Nurse Wrote:  
(15-10-2015 11:45 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Sadness or laughs?

Sad.

The atheist that was protesting was clearly nervous. He did it anyway, for kids like the cutie in the video. Separation of church and state is worth fighting for. Unfortunately it seems the point went over their heads. I'm so fucking sick of Christian intolerance and it hiding under the guise of a religion of love. This is what I was exposed to as a child, and what my son is exposed to - it's maddening.
I see. It looked to me like the kid was with the protester, so I didn't really feel sorry for him since he probably has decent role models. I do consider childhood indoctrination to be child abuse, so I know where you are coming from.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 7 users Like Adrianime's post
16-10-2015, 10:35 AM
(16-10-2015 10:25 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(15-10-2015 11:58 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Sad.

The atheist that was protesting was clearly nervous. He did it anyway, for kids like the cutie in the video. Separation of church and state is worth fighting for. Unfortunately it seems the point went over their heads. I'm so fucking sick of Christian intolerance and it hiding under the guise of a religion of love. This is what I was exposed to as a child, and what my son is exposed to - it's maddening.
I see. It looked to me like the kid was with the protester, so I didn't really feel sorry for him since he probably has decent role models. I do consider childhood indoctrination to be child abuse, so I know where you are coming from.

I figured he was with the protesters, as well. His schoolmates are the children of those crazies so this *does* affect him. I had a friend in school that wasn't allowed to hang out with me outside of school because I wasn't the "right kind of Christian" - imagine if I were the child of an atheist how many parents would be hesitant to let their kid come over to play. That's the kind of thig that makes me sad.

Bleh, all this drama at a school board meeting where instead of separation of church and state and focusing on the needs of the children and their education, these fools decide to push their Christian agenda through their "righteous anger." They didn't clearly didn't pay attention in history class when they were kids.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 3 users Like Nurse's post
16-10-2015, 11:34 AM
(16-10-2015 10:24 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(16-10-2015 09:37 AM)Octapulse Wrote:  I think my response to the cheesus guy when he started shouting "the blood of cheesus is against you" would be to feign a heart attack and start flopping around on the floor convulsing. And when they start whooping it up over their supposed cheesus victory, I would jump up smiling and start doing the macarana Big Grin

Is that the devil's dance?

Straight from the pit of hell Big Grin

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Octapulse's post
16-10-2015, 12:04 PM
(16-10-2015 09:04 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  This is a prime example of why religion is bad and bad for society.
At that level of religious nuttyness, society has become dysfunctional.
I wonder if, when they go to work, they get work done or do they just spend the day shouting out "Praise Cheeses".
And I wonder if in the emergency room, if they attend to those in need or spend 10 minutes or an hour praising Cheesus first.

They do look ready to explode into violence.

Shit If I were the ruler of the US, I'd herd them all up into Texas and make it an independent state, I'd then invade and conquer the state.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
16-10-2015, 02:36 PM
(16-10-2015 12:04 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(16-10-2015 09:04 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  This is a prime example of why religion is bad and bad for society.
At that level of religious nuttyness, society has become dysfunctional.
I wonder if, when they go to work, they get work done or do they just spend the day shouting out "Praise Cheeses".
And I wonder if in the emergency room, if they attend to those in need or spend 10 minutes or an hour praising Cheesus first.

Shit If I were the ruler of the US, I'd herd them all up into Texas and make it an independent state, I'd then invade and conquer the state.

Yeah, because the USA does occupation of hostile religious fanatic lands soooo well. Rolleyes

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
16-10-2015, 02:47 PM
(16-10-2015 02:36 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(16-10-2015 12:04 PM)Stevil Wrote:  At that level of religious nuttyness, society has become dysfunctional.

Yeah, because the USA does occupation of hostile religious fanatic lands soooo well. Rolleyes

Yeah, but to be fair --- even the Russians (or more historically correct - the Soviets) couldn't kick the shit out of a bunch of camel riding lunatics ---- and they were virtually in the Russian (soviet) back yard......

Bottom line -- fighting religious fanatics is a Sisyphean task -- in that the more you beat the shiite out of them - the more they like it..............

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post