using my phone, some issues

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-03-2014, 10:50 AM
using my phone, some issues
I use my phone all of the time for this site. I don't leave it on the phone version. I always click full version and use the site in that mode.

To post youtube videos, I use the T.V icon that drops down the options and paste the code in to the given box. ... Lately, as I go through the process, every time I preview my post, it shows the youtube video screen in my message but if you click on the video, it is unavailable.

For posting pictures, I have opened a photo bucket account so I can post the link. Am I being 'special', or is there a way to upload pictures straight from my phone to the site?

As I special treat, I was going to post on the show yourself thread, a nice picture of SpaceMonkey and I together. I'm sure you will all agree, this could be one of the most exciting things to ever happen on the forum. No doubt you will all assume I am incredibly handsome, that men want to be me and women want to be on me and that SpaceMonkey is a lucky girl! The women on here will no doubt say she's ugly but this is OK, as you will all want me, you are programmed by evolution to resent her, she is 'the enemy' as she has what you covet ... ME! ... ...

Sadly, if that is what you expect, I will do what I do best to babes! ... That is, disappoint you! Laugh out load

SpaceMonkey is a hottie though! Cool

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-03-2014, 11:06 AM
RE: using my phone, some issues
When I post a video:
• Click the TV icon drop down
• Select YouTube
• Backspace/delete the "http:/" that is already in the input field
• Then paste the URL

If I don't delete first, it doesn't work.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
[+] 1 user Likes Jeffasaurus's post
23-03-2014, 11:13 AM (This post was last modified: 23-03-2014 06:55 PM by Smercury44.)
I skip all that business, and just use the forum codes.

[video=youtube]paste link here[/video]

Same with images.
[img]paste photobucket link here[/img]

And yeah... I know it's a pain... But for mobile devices, you pretty much have to use photobucket Sad

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
23-03-2014, 12:05 PM
Just had that happen to me with a youtube video. For me it was a problem with the browser on youtube. The URL for the video remained on the "search result" URL in youtube even though I was on the video I wanted to post because of the mobile browser. I'm not sure what I did to rectify the problem, but after fiddling around for a minute I ended up being able to get to the correct URL to paste in the TV dropdown box thingy.

Another thing to watch with copy/pasting URL's is to make sure that you don't copy an extra http:// in the window.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
23-03-2014, 06:52 PM
That's the process I follow Jeff ... Thank you anyway, I should have made myself clear! Big Grin

Smercury, good plan Thumbsup

EH ... JACKPOT! Thumbsup

For anyone who cares, when it messes up the url, click the share via button in the corner of the vid. Share via e mail and you can copy the url from the message body.

Thanks you little interwebz 1337Z! Smile

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
[+] 1 user Likes Monster_Riffs's post