vancouver

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-05-2015, 10:29 PM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2015 12:21 AM by Stark Raving.)
RE: vancouver
I live right outside Nanaimo. Vancouver Island is paradise. How long you here?

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
02-05-2015, 11:04 PM
I've always wanted to visit Canada. Never been north of a few feet inside of Michigan. I've also never heard of the blue/brown water line.

If I were to ever visit I'd have to go shopping for clothes to keep me from freezing. I get chilled when it's less than 69F - the house is 68 right now and I'm wrapped in a blanket.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
03-05-2015, 12:20 AM
(02-05-2015 11:04 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I've always wanted to visit Canada. Never been north of a few feet inside of Michigan. I've also never heard of the blue/brown water line.

If I were to ever visit I'd have to go shopping for clothes to keep me from freezing. I get chilled when it's less than 69F - the house is 68 right now and I'm wrapped in a blanket.

I get cold easy too. It's never super cold here, buts it's Hawaii Canada style, so it's chilly when it's chilly. But don't worry, I keep my house cozy warm, and I've got plenty of blankets. Not to mention a big dawg that loves to cuddle.

03-05-2015, 03:23 AM
(02-05-2015 10:29 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I live right outside Nanaimo. Vancouver Island is paradise. How long you here?

Not Very long. I'll probably go back today (Sunday). Maybe Monday. Right now I'm in Cobble Hill. My friends wedding was yesterday and they got married in St peters church in Nanaimo. When I leave I'll be going to Vancouver (Delta) and I'll be staying there for three weeks.

If you were thinking of a meet up, I might be taking the ferry back from Nanaimo. If that's the case we could possibly grab a beer.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
03-05-2015, 09:28 AM
I like Canada. I did time at Ft. Lewis, Washington 40 plus years ago when I was in the Army and we went to Vancouver every chance we had. My wife and I went back there for a week in 1989 for our 20th wedding anniversary. I also like the east coast and spending a Bastille Day [July 14] in Montreal is never a mistake. A part of my heritage -- Ottawa Indians -- came from Canada as well and there is some magnificent country around the Great Lakes.
03-05-2015, 09:52 AM
Been to Canada once back in high school. Buddy of mine and our dads drove pretty far north into some remote area to fish for pike for a few days. Good times, saw all sorts of wildlife and caught some huge fish.

Weird that the sun only went down for like four hours a day if I remember right.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
03-05-2015, 11:52 PM
(03-05-2015 03:23 AM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  
(02-05-2015 10:29 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I live right outside Nanaimo. Vancouver Island is paradise. How long you here?

Not Very long. I'll probably go back today (Sunday). Maybe Monday. Right now I'm in Cobble Hill. My friends wedding was yesterday and they got married in St peters church in Nanaimo. When I leave I'll be going to Vancouver (Delta) and I'll be staying there for three weeks.

If you were thinking of a meet up, I might be taking the ferry back from Nanaimo. If that's the case we could possibly grab a beer.

My guess is I missed you lol. Sorry man...worked all day.

Idyouwerestickingaroundforabitiwasgoingtosuggestaride......I've just realized wearing a bandage on your thumb means no space bar on a touch screen........if you were sticking around for a bit I was going to suggest a ride up to Coombs or something. Show you some of the islands BIG trees.

Next time. Enjoy Vancouver. *snicker* Tongue

04-05-2015, 03:51 AM
(03-05-2015 11:52 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(03-05-2015 03:23 AM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  Not Very long. I'll probably go back today (Sunday). Maybe Monday. Right now I'm in Cobble Hill. My friends wedding was yesterday and they got married in St peters church in Nanaimo. When I leave I'll be going to Vancouver (Delta) and I'll be staying there for three weeks.

My guess is I missed you lol. Sorry man...worked all day.

Idyouwerestickingaroundforabitiwasgoingtosuggestaride......I've just realized wearing a bandage on your thumb means no space bar on a touch screen........if you were sticking around for a bit I was going to suggest a ride up to Coombs or something. Show you some of the islands BIG trees.

Next time. Enjoy Vancouver. *snicker* Tongue

Hey, small world, boys. Vancouver Islander checking in. I'm in Duncan Facepalm
04-05-2015, 05:11 AM
Regarding the water color, are you talking about red tide?

It's something I had to deal with in Washington, and affected the edibility of the shell fish. Some sort of algae bloom that comes in at relatively predictable times.

'Murican Canadian
04-05-2015, 08:48 AM
One of the world's greatest train trips is to go from Vancouver over the Canadian Rockies to Calgary. My family did this trip when I was 15 years old and even though I was a typical snarky, unimpressed, moody teenager and certainly didn't want to be traveling with my parents, I was super impressed. It was stunningly beautiful and one of my greatest memories.

[Image: RS1355_TO-Van_033122_Canadian.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post