vegan philosophy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-08-2014, 04:28 PM
RE: vegan philosophy
(07-08-2014 04:16 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  Morondog I could kiss you Wink

Tongue Last I checked I was completely hetero but I ain't had no action for a looooooooong time so you never know... Oh wait, it was just kissing... nvm Sleepy

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
07-08-2014, 04:54 PM
I am going t a vegan cafe today for lunch (Loving Hut.)
Tonight I am having fish and salad.

I avoid excessive fish and meat for health reasons, along with ethical ones.
In some ways I see veganism as extreme. That's only my view, nothing personal.
07-08-2014, 08:45 PM
In a sane world, nothing would be more reasonable, more middle-of-the-road, than trying to be as healthy as you can be while not inflicting pain on any creature. Running millions of male chicks through grinders while they're still alive, or throwing them in plastic bags to suffocate, because you only want the females--that should be seen as extreme. I tend to think that the complacency with which people accept the suffering caused by the status quo in whatever age they happened to be born into is a pretty good indicator of how complacent they would have been about the suffering caused by the status quo if they'd been born into some other age. When I see people making fun of vegans, it's hard for me not to imagine them wearing exactly the same smug smirks and teasing abolitionists, suffragettes, etc.

"Be kind, friendly, and lenient towards your fellow man, but unrelenting and pitiless with yourself."

--Franz Bardon
[+] 1 user Likes Seikilos's post
07-08-2014, 09:07 PM
(07-08-2014 08:18 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(03-08-2014 12:08 PM)Anjele Wrote:  How do you know this? I mean, since it isn't a fact or anything.
How do you know it's not a fact?
You'll notice what was said was that the person knows many atheists who only care about their own species.
It's not like it was claimed that most atheists only care about their own species.
Just sayin....

Okay, point taken - I love semantics.

EVERY atheist the OP knows has had deep discussions with him in which they stated, with no reservation, that they do not care one whit about any species other than their own. Which is, of course, why their freezers are full of filet of Mr. Mittens and sides of Fido. None of them have pets, none support local shelters, none ever go to the zoo - cause it makes them so very hungry for giraffe ribs and marmoset tenders. They swerve to run over squirrels in their subdivisions and save money on mouse traps by simply stomping on the little rodents heads. Jesus Fuck. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
07-08-2014, 09:46 PM
(07-08-2014 09:07 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(07-08-2014 08:18 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  How do you know it's not a fact?
You'll notice what was said was that the person knows many atheists who only care about their own species.
It's not like it was claimed that most atheists only care about their own species.
Just sayin....

EVERY atheist the OP knows has had deep discussions with him in which they stated, with no reservation, that they do not care one whit about any species other than their own. Which is, of course, why their freezers are full of filet of Mr. Mittens and sides of Fido. None of them have pets, none support local shelters, none ever go to the zoo - cause it makes them so very hungry for giraffe ribs and marmoset tenders. They swerve to run over squirrels in their subdivisions and save money on mouse traps by simply stomping on the little rodents heads. Jesus Fuck. Dodgy

You've just described all of my favorite hobbies! Big Grin
07-08-2014, 09:50 PM
Well, you are atheist.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
07-08-2014, 10:43 PM
(07-08-2014 09:07 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(07-08-2014 08:18 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  How do you know it's not a fact?
Just sayin....

I would never say that about you or anybody else. People love animals. You love animals. Why wouldn't you? Animals give you back almost exactly what you give to them. And their cute too (well, some of them anyway).
07-08-2014, 10:48 PM
(07-08-2014 10:43 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  
(07-08-2014 09:07 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Okay, point taken - I love semantics.

I would never say that about you or anybody else. People love animals. You love animals. Why wouldn't you? Animals give you back almost exactly what you give to them. And their cute too (well, some of them anyway).

Some times they just attack you cause fuck it.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
08-08-2014, 12:17 AM
(07-08-2014 08:45 PM)Seikilos Wrote:  When I see people making fun of vegans, it's hard for me not to imagine them wearing exactly the same smug smirks and teasing abolitionists, suffragettes, etc.

... Making fun of people is a human right. Cabbage face.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
08-08-2014, 01:12 AM
(08-08-2014 12:17 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(07-08-2014 08:45 PM)Seikilos Wrote:  When I see people making fun of vegans, it's hard for me not to imagine them wearing exactly the same smug smirks and teasing abolitionists, suffragettes, etc.

... Making fun of people is a human right. Cabbage face.

Ha!- a term of affection in France is: ma petite tête de chou. It means, "my little cabbage head". Peppy Le Pew says it all the time when he is making the love. Big Grin

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post