very old dog

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-01-2015, 01:14 AM
RE: very old dog
(18-01-2015 09:28 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  A year ago, Dec 30, a vet came to our house for our final goodbyes to our yellow labrador, Nilla Woofer. We nursed him the two weeks before and during Christmas with two young girls. It ranked right up there with saying goodbye to my parents. He was my baby after two miscarriages and I felt like I would never have children, and he was wonderful to both of my girls when they finally came along. It was hard to say goodbye, but I think it was harder for him to try to stay.

sending love and hugs to you and your pup.

Heart

Thank you so much.
Just got our old girl to eat. Every bite of food.....is epic.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-01-2015, 02:21 AM
I'm so sorry, Sabrina. I've had to put down several dogs and cats in my life and it's always miserable. In 2011, on December 17, the day after my 65th birthday, I had to put down my Arabian horse. He and I had been virtually inseparable for 27 years. It was devastating to me. I have one horse and one black cat now and I am hoping that they outlive me. I'll be thinking about you as you go through this.
19-01-2015, 09:41 AM
Sabrina, I am so sorry. I wish I could offer more than sympathy. I'm sure your dog is comforted by your love. My best wishes.
[+] 1 user Likes JakSiemasz's post
19-01-2015, 10:37 AM
Sorry Sabrina!Hug

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
19-01-2015, 02:59 PM
(19-01-2015 01:14 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(18-01-2015 09:28 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  A year ago, Dec 30, a vet came to our house for our final goodbyes to our yellow labrador, Nilla Woofer. We nursed him the two weeks before and during Christmas with two young girls. It ranked right up there with saying goodbye to my parents. He was my baby after two miscarriages and I felt like I would never have children, and he was wonderful to both of my girls when they finally came along. It was hard to say goodbye, but I think it was harder for him to try to stay.

sending love and hugs to you and your pup.

Heart

Thank you so much.
Just got our old girl to eat. Every bite of food.....is epic.

That is a good sign.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
19-01-2015, 06:05 PM
I have. Before I graduated high school, I buried out 2 cats and dog within 3 years of each other. I was there for all of them. I built little coffins for them, dug little graves, and buried all three on what my dad called "Paw Hill". Since I left home, 3 more have joined them. Losing a pet can hurt as much as a relative. My thoughts are with you. Hug

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
20-01-2015, 03:42 AM
(19-01-2015 06:05 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  I have. Before I graduated high school, I buried out 2 cats and dog within 3 years of each other. I was there for all of them. I built little coffins for them, dug little graves, and buried all three on what my dad called "Paw Hill". Since I left home, 3 more have joined them. Losing a pet can hurt as much as a relative. My thoughts are with you. Hug

I know this is a sad topic, but "Paw Hill", damn, that is so ...epic.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
[+] 2 users Like The Polyglot Atheist's post
20-01-2015, 12:15 PM
How are things going? You and your dog have been in my thoughts. Sending hugs.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
03-02-2015, 12:27 PM
We went through it with what I'd call a almost human dog. She was great. She hated going to the vet so we had the vet come to the house and put her down. Really nice man! He gave her a shot, that she didn't even feel and then let us pet her for some time. He asked if we were ready and we said go ahead. He gave her one more shot, that again she didn't even feel and she was gone. Cried my eyes out! It had to be done. Dogs are really good at hiding their pain. My mother let her dog go so long that it wouldn't get up to use the bathroom. Just laid there and went. There's a time when you have to do what is humane. It's really hard but not for the dog. Just for you. If I prayed I'd do so for you but since I don't, I wish you and your loved ones the best. You'll always have the memories. Just hold on to the good ones and let the bad ones fade away. Peace.

PS: I bet there's a little puppy that needs your love. Sounds like you have it to give Smile Lucky dog!
[+] 1 user Likes Toney's post
04-02-2015, 12:09 AM
(03-02-2015 12:27 PM)Toney Wrote:  We went through it with what I'd call a almost human dog. She was great. She hated going to the vet so we had the vet come to the house and put her down. Really nice man! He gave her a shot, that she didn't even feel and then let us pet her for some time. He asked if we were ready and we said go ahead. He gave her one more shot, that again she didn't even feel and she was gone. Cried my eyes out! It had to be done. Dogs are really good at hiding their pain. My mother let her dog go so long that it wouldn't get up to use the bathroom. Just laid there and went. There's a time when you have to do what is humane. It's really hard but not for the dog. Just for you. If I prayed I'd do so for you but since I don't, I wish you and your loved ones the best. You'll always have the memories. Just hold on to the good ones and let the bad ones fade away. Peace.

PS: I bet there's a little puppy that needs your love. Sounds like you have it to give Smile Lucky dog!

Thank you so much. *puddle*

Mocha is still hanging in there, but only just.,As of today she refused any/all food.
We found a vet who will come to our home with the necessary medication if she has any discomfort.
She just sleeps, walks only a little and lays back down.
Really she's just peaceful and quietly enjoying us & all our other animals.

thank you....everyone.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.