(video) Police pepper spraying students that are... just sitting there?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-11-2011, 05:27 AM (This post was last modified: 20-11-2011 05:45 AM by Thammuz.)
(video) Police pepper spraying students that are... just sitting there?
A few students of the 'Occupy'-movement were just blocking the road at the Californian university UC Davis. A police officer decided to pepper spray them all, even though they were not threatening anyone. It really is a free country...

UPDATE:

And here's another video of pepper spraying: this time it's an 84-year old lady, a priest and a pregnant teenager... now there's a danger to society! (ok, maybe for little boys in the priests' case, but that's besides the point Big Grin )

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-11-2011, 06:53 AM
RE: (video) Police pepper spraying students that are... just sitting there?
Shit like this is why people don't trust the police.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
20-11-2011, 03:07 PM
Here's one from Occupy Portland.

[Image: LIZ-NICHOLS-OCCUPY-PORTLAND-PEPPER-SPRAY.jpg]

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
20-11-2011, 03:37 PM
(20-11-2011 06:53 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Shit like this is why people don't trust the police.

Or maybe this is why people don't trust the police:

[Image: 304003_221748281231524_216548088418210_5...0276_n.jpg]

From Occupy San Diego. Which other than Occupy Lahaina, this is probably the only city I'd be mildly interested in occupying.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
20-11-2011, 03:41 PM
I hope this kinda thing isn't happening in the UK.

[Image: boston-terrier-gets-scared.gif]
20-11-2011, 06:57 PM
(20-11-2011 03:41 PM)tazmin98 Wrote:  I hope this kinda thing isn't happening in the UK.

Well to be honest we havent got as many occupy movements going off as you guys over in america......our biggest one is "occupy the stock exchange" which to be honest is pretty pathetic.......the people over here in the UK are MAJORLY brainwashed, nobody know we "owe" this money too......none of them know how the economy works......they dont care, no I correct that....they dont know HOW to care.

Since we had the riots over here in August (another pathetic example.....the police letting people riot, basicly giving kids a license to do anything they want) the UK police now have more powers.....rubber bullets weapons and watercannon deployed at recent student demos (none been used yet)

They are trying to remove the camps with legal powers.......its still ongoing......but soon we shall see some violence in the UK as they try to stamp out these movements.

Heres an interesting video for you guys over in the USA (there is nothing hardly for us in the UK)

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
22-11-2011, 03:10 AM (This post was last modified: 22-11-2011 03:21 AM by 17thknight.)
It's really easy to Monday-morning quarterback the police who are attempting to prevent riots, protect property, and protect lives (including their own). I've seen a police officer (with my own eyes) hit with a molotov cocktail at a supposedly "peaceful" protest.

Given the incidents of assaulting children, assaulting the elderly, rape, destruction of property, etc. that have occurred at these events, I feel ZERO sympathy for anyone who chooses to be involved in what is nothing more than a mob. I am utterly disgusted at how people constantly try to portray people at these protests (and any other) as constantly being victims. Do you think it's easy being a cop in these kinds of situations? You can't so much as blow your breath too hard in someone's direction without fifty of these supposedly downtrodden protestors whipping out an iphone to make a video of you and putting it online and calling it brutality. But if the police give even an inch, then you have looting, overturned cars, rapes, assaults, and molotov cocktails winging through the air.

On an off-topic note: i can't help but laugh my ass off at a video I saw of the Occupy DC protests where a bunch of white, privileged, suburbanite teenagers were screaming at a 40 year old BLACK man "You don't have the power anymore!"
These idiots could not be less self-aware. Of course, given that they're whining about how downtrodden they are as they sip Starbuck's lattes and blog on their Macbook Pro while talking on an iphone, I can't exactly say I'm shocked.

[Image: 81564_gal-1.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes 17thknight's post
22-11-2011, 07:20 AM
(22-11-2011 03:10 AM)17thknight Wrote:  It's really easy to Monday-morning quarterback the police who are attempting to prevent riots, protect property, and protect lives (including their own). I've seen a police officer (with my own eyes) hit with a molotov cocktail at a supposedly "peaceful" protest.

Given the incidents of assaulting children, assaulting the elderly, rape, destruction of property, etc. that have occurred at these events, I feel ZERO sympathy for anyone who chooses to be involved in what is nothing more than a mob. I am utterly disgusted at how people constantly try to portray people at these protests (and any other) as constantly being victims. Do you think it's easy being a cop in these kinds of situations? You can't so much as blow your breath too hard in someone's direction without fifty of these supposedly downtrodden protestors whipping out an iphone to make a video of you and putting it online and calling it brutality. But if the police give even an inch, then you have looting, overturned cars, rapes, assaults, and molotov cocktails winging through the air.

On an off-topic note: i can't help but laugh my ass off at a video I saw of the Occupy DC protests where a bunch of white, privileged, suburbanite teenagers were screaming at a 40 year old BLACK man "You don't have the power anymore!"
These idiots could not be less self-aware. Of course, given that they're whining about how downtrodden they are as they sip Starbuck's lattes and blog on their Macbook Pro while talking on an iphone, I can't exactly say I'm shocked.

By the Nine! An intelligent person!
I've been on the recieving end of an angry mob before and let me tell you that it is not a situuation where one can think clearly. It's you verses them or at least that's what it feels like. The fault lies not only with one side or the other. The fault lies with both. Then again, one cannot expect these hings to go off without some kind of violence. I heard a saying by a an known as "Old King".
"In revolution. Blood must be spilled. Don't you think?"

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
22-11-2011, 10:50 AM (This post was last modified: 22-11-2011 10:58 AM by NotSoVacuous.)
<3 threads threads like this.

They were just sitting there. Blocking public walk ways.
They were just standing on the side walk. Blocking entrance to stores.
They were just holding signs protesting peacefully. In the middle of the road.

Stop supporting stupid behavior. Protesting is one thing, breaking the law intentionally to force police action only to then shout "LOOK!!! POLICE ARE TAKING ACTION!" is fucking stupid.

And stop making stupid comments that don't tell the whole story.

On a side note, the video of the 84 year old women being sprayed. The crowd was being sprayed, she was in it. Also during the video a priest and a pregnant teen were sprayed. Oh yea, stealing money from the stupid and having children when you aren't old enough to support them. Role model citizens right there. I would love to ask the pregnant teen's opinion on what she thinks is financially best. I would love to hear milking WIC off the government and relying on my parents.

And again, the 84 year old WAS IN THE FUCKING STREET.

"We Humans are capable of greatness." -Carl Sagan
[+] 1 user Likes NotSoVacuous's post
22-11-2011, 11:12 AM
I agree NotSoVacuous. Protesting is (and not to sound rude here) freaking worthless in most cases. If you want to improve the situation, do something productive. Like, elect officials who will do something, write to your officials and flood their mailboxes and inboxes with emails and let them know what the people want. If enough people want it, they will do it because they want to get re-elected. This occupy Wall St. movement seems to be nothing more than people who are frustrated with the success of a certain group and want their money. That may be a bit of a dramatization but my point is this, if you are unhappy with your situation, change it. I believe the first step in doing so is admitting your mistakes. Can't find a job using that communications degree? Then maybe you should not have gotten a useless ass communications degree! Upset that someone makes more money than you? Work hard and/or get a new job.

I'll admit that protesting war might not necessarily be a bad thing, but protesting because you don't have money you didn't earn? Really? Look at the Bank of America and its attempt to charge fees on its debit cards. Enough people started to prepare to leave and complained that they listened and revoked it. Not because a bunch of people locked arms in front of their headquarters.

As for the students at UC-Davis, quit bitching. In the 50's and 60's they would have brought dogs and nightsticks. Next time your university does something you don't like, do more than protest. Transfer, write letters and let them know in a positive way what is the problem and what will happen if they don't fix it. And, I have bad news for the UC-Davis students, nearly every university is raising tuition rates and have been doing so for decades. And most are also cutting student activities in order to maximize profits. You are not the only ones.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post