vitamen d and sunlight??? face palming epically....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-08-2014, 02:45 PM
vitamen d and sunlight??? face palming epically....
I was arguing with someone to day about one of my biggest pet pevs. people that think that vitamin d comes from sunlight. my prob;r\em with this is that there is no vitamin d in sunlight.. It's not even chemical. the person who I was arguing with just kept thinking that the sun was giving off vitamin though. now don't get me wrong the sun is great for helping your body d something to get the vitamin d but it's not an inherent property of sunlight itself.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2014, 03:40 PM
RE: vitamen d and sunlight??? face palming epically....
(12-08-2014 02:45 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  I was arguing with someone to day about one of my biggest pet pevs. people that think that vitamin d comes from sunlight. my prob;r\em with this is that there is no vitamin d in sunlight.. It's not even chemical. the person who I was arguing with just kept thinking that the sun was giving off vitamin though. now don't get me wrong the sun is great for helping your body d something to get the vitamin d but it's not an inherent property of sunlight itself.

Your friend is pretty wrong, but the sun is a fairly necessary part of the equation when it comes to Vit-D synthesis.
Vit-D is produced photochemically in the skin when 7-dehydrocholesterol reacts with light on the UVB spectrum. Of course, the sun isn't the only way to bombarded by the necessary wavelengths, but it is arguably the most convenient.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
12-08-2014, 04:00 PM
RE: vitamen d and sunlight??? face palming epically....
http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Vitamin...fessional/

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post