voxxpopulisuxx from SD

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-01-2014, 03:01 PM
RE: voxxpopulisuxx from SD
(01-01-2014 02:54 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 01:13 PM)Dom Wrote:  The existence of a conscience is irrelevant.

If persons lack empathy, they are sick, they have not been endowed with the equipment we have evolved to carry. They can be expected to do "evil" things unless we learn of a way to help them.

If our instincts of self preservation collide with the instinct of survival of the species, "evil" also results in the form of war and feuds and the like.

These are the causes of evil.

so you a assert a genetic cause of evil...or a genetic defect perhaps?

The lack of empathy is a genetic error, yes.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2014, 03:03 PM
(01-01-2014 01:52 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 01:48 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Yes....KC, aka zzyzzx has a crazy worldview. Yours on the other hand is....

Well let's check.

Magic crackers and wine? Check.
Omnipotent, omniciencent creator of everything which is all good? Check.
The scientific community is out to trick you? Check.
Only way to avoid eternal damnation and burning alive forever is to believe and practice the contradictory views of a handful of of Jews and Christians a couple of thousand of years ago with no good evidence for their incessant and dumbfounded beliefs? Check.
Believes the Devil or Scientists are influencing facts that contradict your beliefs? Check.

Need I go on?

Magic crackers that turn into yucky body parts no less... BTW dumbfounded does not in fact mean 'founded in dumb shit', but more like 'struck dumb / gobsmacked'... at least, that's how I use it...

That's how I meant it. The beliefs they share are astonishing.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
01-01-2014, 03:06 PM
(01-01-2014 02:45 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote:  Im rather underwhelmed at the intellectual effort thus far. All the usual ad hominums and attempts to insult me or my faith> Check
Only 2 folks so far have attempted a serious and intelligent debate with me..one whos argument boils down to...dunno thats just the way it is and we like it.....so how is this place better in that capacity than SD?

BTW to set the record straight I never said I was representing SD here...I am here on my own capacity as a practicing Catholic. KC said he wanted more catholics to discuss what they believe here....I dunno why?

You opened when an ad hom. If you want to debate, then perhaps start a thread with debate as the pretense.

01-01-2014, 03:10 PM
(01-01-2014 02:45 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote:  Only 2 folks so far have attempted a serious and intelligent debate with me..one whos argument boils down to...dunno thats just the way it is and we like it.....so how is this place better in that capacity than SD?

But dude... you said you've got a much better answer to zee problem of evil than all this stuff about 'dunno but I like it'. So show and tell ? You can't just claim this stuff without backing it up. This is more about you than us anyway. You're the one claiming Catholicism is so great, you can't prove that by asking *us* questions, you gotta lay out why.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
01-01-2014, 03:23 PM
(01-01-2014 12:49 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  [Don't like abortion or gay marriage then don't have one.

I'm totally with you on gay marriage. Abortion is a little stickier. If one believes that a fetus is a person, with all the rights of a person, then one has no choice but to equate abortion with murder. So then it becomes "Don't like murder? Then don't murder people." -- which I think we can all agree is problematic. The government has a right and a duty to do what it can to prevent murder. It is not a victimless crime (like homosexuality, for example).

I'm not saying abortion is a cut-and-dried issue. People can and do argue about whether or not a fetus is a person, and if so, at what point does it become a person. It's an inherently "fuzzy" issue. But it's disingenuous to assert that anti-abortionists are just sticking their noses into other people's bodies. It's more complicated than that. They are, from their viewpoint, trying to protect innocent lives.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
01-01-2014, 03:26 PM
(01-01-2014 03:01 PM)Jayne Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 12:49 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote:  Well well I was wondering how long this would take. I suppose you never heard of Ronald Reagans 11th commandment about republicans (you know and apply it to Catholics). It is you my dear who by cutting my throat publicly here embarrass SD...unless you are prepared to say openly that I am not in fact a faithful Catholic.

I am not an American and I know more about Ronald Reagan as an actor than as a president. (Did you know that he was not originally cast in Humphrey Bogart's role in Casa Blanca, as is commonly believed?) I have no clue what he said about Republicans.

I also have no clue whether you are a faithful Catholic. I can't read your mind. I do know that you cannot write coherently or grammatically and that you have no business trying to represent Catholicism to non-Catholics. I am not saying this to be mean or to hurt your feelings. You are not helping the Church and are probably harming her.
Ronald Reagans 11th commandment was that one never speaks ill of other republicans weather you agree with them or not.

For you to say that you have NO clue whether I am a faithful Catholic proves that it is YOUR type of catholicism...the pharassie that demands correct spelling and perfect manners ...well in my experience where Im from that keeps the barriers up for some. As I said I never pretend to be holy...I am not....I am real person...un educated...a constructionworker by trade. I come from a divorced family and tragedy and drug abuse...so I have personal faults...but I am always real...I say what I really think...not what I think will make me look good to others.
And for the record Jayne how many converts have been directly facilitated by your direct input and apologetic s or charity? Give me a number of any that you know of. This is not to boast but to simply ask you if your methods are so much more catholic and effective then of course your results should prove you out.
I am here simply wanting to discuss one problem that both theists and atheists can recognise....evil. You are here apparently to attack me and get your self noticed. Now are we done or do feel the need to further undermine me? Because Im quite capable rising or falling without your help...belive it or not.
01-01-2014, 03:28 PM
(01-01-2014 10:28 AM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote:  Well well. So it didnt go peachy. And you were shocked...just stunned. GMAFB.

I read this entire thread and all I see is whining and moaning about intolerance and how any decent worldview can stand up to scrutiny so the mean old nutjobs at SD are just the dopes we thought they were.
And yet......Mr M zzzziliplix[Image: Mr_mxyzptlk_earth_one_whos_who.jpg] goes there and the first time he exposes his calvinist world view to scrutiny...and then gets some...he whines like a little girl how mean we Catholics are being. Meanwhile he knows very well that many Catholics like myself know who cauvain was and what he did to Catholics spiritually and physically during his alive time and ever since when his ridiculous mind screw of a worldview caught fire in the fashionable salons of European thought.
I suppose if Mr Mzzzplix went to an ADL forum and started spouting on about...how Martin Luther's anti Jewish comments should be considered with tolerance there.... and if they weren't?... well ....they are just closed minded nutjobs yall would be just as shocked. You guys wreck me really>
As for the Anti Catholic stuff posted here and all over the internet (anticatholicism being the only acceptable bigotry allowed in popular opinion)
I will engage you because I am certain Catholicism is true because of one very singular issue that atheists and nearly all other worldviews and noncatholic "christians" have no satisfactory answer or solution for.....that is the problem of evil.
I come from evil...I have personal experience with it...it is real and it is malevolent...and it has an intellect. I have seen it with my own eyes....experienced it in my deepest soul where much of it still resides to this moment.
PS
By way of introduction:
There are 2 fictional movie characters that represent from whence I come as a Loyal Catholic...just to help you get to know me quickly
This Guy
[img][Image: sSqViclinteastwood.gif][/img]
and this Guy:
[Image: goldenarmy.gif]

[Image: Worf_faces_the_high_council.png]

[Image: b08a7-9cb8a_epenis_troll_insult.jpg]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
01-01-2014, 03:31 PM
(01-01-2014 03:10 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 02:45 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote:  Only 2 folks so far have attempted a serious and intelligent debate with me..one whos argument boils down to...dunno thats just the way it is and we like it.....so how is this place better in that capacity than SD?

But dude... you said you've got a much better answer to zee problem of evil than all this stuff about 'dunno but I like it'. So show and tell ? You can't just claim this stuff without backing it up. This is more about you than us anyway. You're the one claiming Catholicism is so great, you can't prove that by asking *us* questions, you gotta lay out why.
Im getting there...I first need to flesh out how you folks approach the problem. But for the record I dont recall saying anything about having a BETTER answer.....I said Catholicism has the answer that fits to what is observed better than any other.

And I didnt start this thread. So Im asking the questions I want to know of the opened minded crowd.
01-01-2014, 03:32 PM
[Image: b08a7-9cb8a_epenis_troll_insult.jpg]
This is very funny seriously!Thumbsup
01-01-2014, 03:35 PM
(01-01-2014 03:01 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 02:54 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote:  so you a assert a genetic cause of evil...or a genetic defect perhaps?

The lack of empathy is a genetic error, yes.
ok lack of empathy but what about theft or pedophilia...or gitmo torture...or the nuking of Japan....this was caused by genetics?