voxxpopulisuxx from SD

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-01-2014, 03:44 PM
RE: voxxpopulisuxx from SD
(01-01-2014 03:31 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote:  Im getting there...I first need to flesh out how you folks approach the problem.
Ah, you may have a problem there Wink We each have our own thoughts on these things. You may find broad similarities but there is no defined 'right answer' that we will all agree on. My answer, as I've said before, is that evil is a human idea - the bad ol' universe knows nothing of it. So problem of evil is a bit of a non-starter as an atheist. Only if I believed a benevolent God existed would I have to wonder why he doesn't sort this place out.

Quote:But for the record I dont recall saying anything about having a BETTER answer.....I said Catholicism has the answer that fits to what is observed better than any other.
Interesting Smile So observation and experiment are correct methods for learning about the world we live in, according to you ? (tee hee, loaded question).

Quote:And I didnt start this thread. So Im asking the questions I want to know of the opened minded crowd.
Fair enough.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
01-01-2014, 03:49 PM
(01-01-2014 03:26 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote:  Ronald Reagans 11th commandment was that one never speaks ill of other republicans weather you agree with them or not.

Sounds dodgy. Prefer to shoot 'em all down in flames Big Grin We're equal opportunity assholes here, if you stick around you'll find we nail each other for being twits too Tongue On these kindsa things prefer if you just come out guns blazing, than hide your opinion in some effort to present a united front to us devil-worshipers Smile We'll chirp ya anyway Wink

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
01-01-2014, 04:01 PM
(01-01-2014 03:35 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 03:01 PM)Dom Wrote:  The lack of empathy is a genetic error, yes.
ok lack of empathy but what about theft or pedophilia...or gitmo torture...or the nuking of Japan....this was caused by genetics?

Pedophilia is a genetic defect, yes.

The nuking of Japan - that is the clash of the instinct of self preservation and the instinct of preservation of the species. That's how wars are justified - as well as torture.

It's all sick, but it all rests on instincts and genetics.

Ad yes, us heathens have very divergent opinions. Religious people often don't get that, there is no one way atheists think. We are all different. We have no common belief or dogma.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
01-01-2014, 04:13 PM
(01-01-2014 04:01 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 03:35 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote:  ok lack of empathy but what about theft or pedophilia...or gitmo torture...or the nuking of Japan....this was caused by genetics?

The nuking of Japan - that is the clash of the instinct of self preservation and the instinct of preservation of the species. That's how wars are justified - as well as torture.

It's all sick, but it all rests on instincts and genetics.

Ad yes, us heathens have very divergent opinions. Religious people often don't get that, there is no one way atheists think. We are all different. We have no common belief or dogma.

You forgot the 'theft' question..... Ok, assume that you have a wife and baby, got laid off months ago and havent been able to find work and the money is all gone... you have the option to steal some food or let your family die.

Is the theft wrong ? or would you be so pious as to let them starve. Any 'moral person wouldnt hesitate to do whats right..... I hope.

Not everything is black or white, tho other things are, like pedophiles and killing people for political advantage, are.
[+] 2 users Like War Horse's post
01-01-2014, 04:15 PM
(01-01-2014 12:49 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 12:39 PM)Jayne Wrote:  Isn't it bad enough that you convince all the atheists who come to SD that Catholics are stupid jerks? You have to come here and make a bad impression on even more. Go away.
Well well I was wondering how long this would take. I suppose you never heard of Ronald Reagans 11th commandment about republicans (you know and apply it to Catholics). It is you my dear who by cutting my throat publicly here embarrass SD...unless you are prepared to say openly that I am not in fact a faithful Catholic.

Faithfulness has nothing to do with you behaving like a stupid jerk.

Jayne is just as faithful as you but doesn't give others the 'stupid jerk' impression that you do.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
01-01-2014, 04:21 PM
(01-01-2014 04:01 PM)Dom Wrote:  ...

Not according to Allah!

(hallowed be his name)

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
01-01-2014, 04:23 PM
(01-01-2014 04:21 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 04:01 PM)Dom Wrote:  ...

Not according to Allah!

(hallowed Allah be his name)

Fixed Smile

[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
01-01-2014, 04:32 PM
(01-01-2014 03:26 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote:  For you to say that you have NO clue whether I am a faithful Catholic proves that it is YOUR type of catholicism...the pharassie that demands correct spelling and perfect manners ...well in my experience where Im from that keeps the barriers up for some. As I said I never pretend to be holy...I am not....I am real person...un educated...a constructionworker by trade. I come from a divorced family and tragedy and drug abuse...so I have personal faults...but I am always real...I say what I really think...not what I think will make me look good to others.

I'm sure that God loves you, whatever your background or faults. But that does not mean that you have what it takes to present the Catholic faith to non-Catholics. You need to be able to make Catholicism look good (more precisely, to reveal its goodness) and you seem more concerned with saying whatever you feel like and just being yourself. You cannot communicate anything about Catholicism if you alienate and antagonize everyone you talk to. You do not have good communication skills, in general. For all I know, you are a better Catholic than I am, but you should not be here.
[+] 2 users Like Jayne's post
01-01-2014, 04:34 PM
I don't see an issue in defining good and evil for ones self. Assuming a superior imaginary friend (who is demonstrably immoral anyway) only clouds the matter. I don't think my morality is perfect but my motivation to improve is genuine. I have no problem with your directness either. I personally start from a base level of being ok with someone and let the chips fall. You seem to confuse directness with rudeness and I'm very comfortable with being rude too. I'm not arsed either way to be fair.

Ethics and morality develop over time to do with the common good within a given society, we progress over time with it. Christian dogma in the past has been the reason for setting fire to scientists in the past who it turns out were correct. Look at your own 'infallible' church for example. They now officially accept evolution and no longer burn intellectuals. That change came about from secular progression and pressure. Not internally. Recently in northern ireland, pedo priests are now handed over to the law of the land instead of being covered up and moved to another area to continue fucking children. Again this is to do with pressure from the secular world. Our morality evolves for the betterment of humanity and affects the religious position in the world, not the other way around.

Evil and good exist but they are human constructs. I don't claim to be perfect by any stretch of the imagination but I'd rather work from my own morality than take it from the most corrupt business and largest pedophile ring in the world.

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
[+] 1 user Likes Monster_Riffs's post
01-01-2014, 04:39 PM
Huh Consider

(01-01-2014 04:32 PM)Jayne Wrote:  ... better Catholic ...

I wouldn't mind reading about the criteria for 'betterness' when you have time to expand upon the subject.

Thanks

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post