voxxpopulisuxx from SD

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-01-2014, 04:40 PM
RE: voxxpopulisuxx from SD
(01-01-2014 02:51 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote:  As far as varying degrees of evil....do you think there is a core "evil" action or thing you would expect all humans to recognise? regardless theist non theist?

Not sure I understand the question. Do you mean a specific action?

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2014, 04:50 PM
(01-01-2014 04:13 PM)War Horse Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 04:01 PM)Dom Wrote:  Pedophilia is a genetic defect, yes.

The nuking of Japan - that is the clash of the instinct of self preservation and the instinct of preservation of the species. That's how wars are justified - as well as torture.

It's all sick, but it all rests on instincts and genetics.

Ad yes, us heathens have very divergent opinions. Religious people often don't get that, there is no one way atheists think. We are all different. We have no common belief or dogma.

You forgot the 'theft' question..... Ok, assume that you have a wife and baby, got laid off months ago and havent been able to find work and the money is all gone... you have the option to steal some food or let your family die.

Is the theft wrong ? or would you be so pious as to let them starve. Any 'moral person wouldnt hesitate to do whats right..... I hope.

Not everything is black or white, tho other things are, like pedophiles and killing people for political advantage, are.
The theft is wrong but not improper it is what Catholics would call a venial sin...not mortal. One cannot according to the faith accidentally or be forced to sin....the father you described has been forced by cirumstances beyond his control and chose the path of lesser sin.
01-01-2014, 04:51 PM
(01-01-2014 04:13 PM)War Horse Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 04:01 PM)Dom Wrote:  Pedophilia is a genetic defect, yes.

The nuking of Japan - that is the clash of the instinct of self preservation and the instinct of preservation of the species. That's how wars are justified - as well as torture.

It's all sick, but it all rests on instincts and genetics.

Ad yes, us heathens have very divergent opinions. Religious people often don't get that, there is no one way atheists think. We are all different. We have no common belief or dogma.

You forgot the 'theft' question..... Ok, assume that you have a wife and baby, got laid off months ago and havent been able to find work and the money is all gone... you have the option to steal some food or let your family die.

Is the theft wrong ? or would you be so pious as to let them starve. Any 'moral person wouldnt hesitate to do whats right..... I hope.

Not everything is black or white, tho other things are, like pedophiles and killing people for political advantage, are.

Theft - again, self preservation versus preservation of the species.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
01-01-2014, 04:52 PM
(01-01-2014 04:40 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 02:51 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote:  As far as varying degrees of evil....do you think there is a core "evil" action or thing you would expect all humans to recognise? regardless theist non theist?

Not sure I understand the question. Do you mean a specific action?
is there at least one universally recognized act that is evil that it can be assumed all humans should know they shouldnt do.
01-01-2014, 04:54 PM
(01-01-2014 04:15 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 12:49 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote:  Well well I was wondering how long this would take. I suppose you never heard of Ronald Reagans 11th commandment about republicans (you know and apply it to Catholics). It is you my dear who by cutting my throat publicly here embarrass SD...unless you are prepared to say openly that I am not in fact a faithful Catholic.

Faithfulness has nothing to do with you behaving like a stupid jerk.

Jayne is just as faithful as you but doesn't give others the 'stupid jerk' impression that you do.
Says you.(there are a great many Jayne detractors)..and how do you know how faithfull either of us are?
01-01-2014, 04:55 PM

Theist/non theist has absolutely nothing to do with it.

No, because there will be the perpetrator who thinks it's just fine. And those who have a lack of empathy, and psychopaths etc.

But barring any such genetic issues, yes, I think basically all humans will consider various things "evil" or bad or wrong, just from a humane point of view.

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
01-01-2014, 04:55 PM
(01-01-2014 04:51 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 04:13 PM)War Horse Wrote:  You forgot the 'theft' question..... Ok, assume that you have a wife and baby, got laid off months ago and havent been able to find work and the money is all gone... you have the option to steal some food or let your family die.

Theft - again, self preservation versus preservation of the species.
So ostensibly a pure genetic race would not commit evil?
01-01-2014, 05:01 PM
(01-01-2014 04:55 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 04:51 PM)Dom Wrote:  Theft - again, self preservation versus preservation of the species.
So ostensibly a pure genetic race would not commit evil?

There is no such thing as a race that doesn't have genetic mutations and defects. It is how evolution works - there are constant slight changes in genetics. The non functional ones don't generally get to reproduce, such as a person riddled with fear, or a person who has no fear at all.

There is no pool of genetically all perfect people.

01-01-2014, 05:01 PM
(01-01-2014 10:44 AM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote:  If zzzz was open to Christ he wouldnt have been offended...

If the SD community weren't so hypersensitive, knee-jerk defensive, iron-fist controlling of what can be said or heard, and in a constant, OCD-like, "damage control" mode, they would have no problem engaging in robust and even visceral debates and exchanges. That is, unless they see themselves as preaching to the membership. If that's the case, then it's not a place for discussion or debate. All the sheeple are lined up to be fed.
01-01-2014, 05:04 PM
(01-01-2014 04:32 PM)Jayne Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 03:26 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote:  For you to say that you have NO clue whether I am a faithful Catholic proves that it is YOUR type of catholicism...the pharassie that demands correct spelling and perfect manners ...well in my experience where Im from that keeps the barriers up for some. As I said I never pretend to be holy...I am not....I am real person...un educated...a constructionworker by trade. I come from a divorced family and tragedy and drug abuse...so I have personal faults...but I am always real...I say what I really think...not what I think will make me look good to others.

I'm sure that God loves you, whatever your background or faults. But that does not mean that you have what it takes to present the Catholic faith to non-Catholics. You need to be able to make Catholicism look good (more precisely, to reveal its goodness) and you seem more concerned with saying whatever you feel like and just being yourself. You cannot communicate anything about Catholicism if you alienate and antagonize everyone you talk to. You do not have good communication skills, in general. For all I know, you are a better Catholic than I am, but you should not be here.
Dont you see how arrogant and prideful you have to be to actually think anything you said was true? Firstly it requires YOU to hold YOURSELF as some kind of authority competent to make such an assessment. Communication skills! Ha what a laugh...you mean skills that fit your pedantic collegiate dry dull I am the standard for the catholic faith version. As far as I was taught we are all capable of making a defense and I have successfully done so many a time,,,but ultimately it is God jayne...not you...who will save or open the understanding of another...God is able to use a jackass or a broken teacup to promote his truth if he wishes...he doesnt need your college degree. You really are the most intellectually pridefull person I have ever come across. Including every one that has posted here with me so far. It is this in which you bare zero resemblance to Christ.