voxxpopulisuxx from SD

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-01-2014, 05:17 PM
RE: voxxpopulisuxx from SD
I don't get the last question directed at dom,could you elaborate?

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2014, 05:20 PM
Sorry Dom have to go.
I have a 7pm appointment with a friend
Ill check in later this week if I have time.
[+] 1 user Likes voxxpopulisuxx's post
01-01-2014, 05:20 PM
(01-01-2014 05:12 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 05:01 PM)Dom Wrote:  There is no such thing as a race that doesn't have genetic mutations and defects. It is how evolution works - there are constant slight changes in genetics. The non functional ones don't generally get to reproduce, such as a person riddled with fear, or a person who has no fear at all.

There is no pool of genetically all perfect people.
So then if that is the case how do you compare and contrast....if all genetics have an evil outcome to one extent or another then could you not argue that evil is a genetic positive?

No. Evolution has to march on, the life form that stops evolving (which is really just another word for adapting to changing circumstances) will be overtaken by life forms that do evolve and will take advantage.

The "evil" or bad is controlled by the instincts of preservation of the species and self preservation again, people will band together and try to eradicate the "evil" through laws and such. Probably also many religions served this purpose thousands of years ago.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
01-01-2014, 05:23 PM
"...come at me bro."

WTF???

Damn! You just got here and you're already in a fighting mood! Big Grin

Is that what Catholicism has done for you? Settle down, son. Get a grip, would ya?

I was talking about the SD community in general, not you personally. And I really don't give a shit whether you agree with it or not. That's what I saw over there. That's what lots of other people saw over there.
[+] 1 user Likes TheBear's post
01-01-2014, 05:27 PM
(01-01-2014 05:15 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 05:12 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Huh He's a Calvinist. Calvinists are Christians. How is he not "open to Christ"?
as far as I know according to cauvain if you are saved you are saved or damned you are damned and there isnt one thing you can do about it. It is preordained and there is no freewill.

Mmmm, we could argue all day about whether predestination implies "no free will". Many Catholics also believe in predestination, based on statements made by St. Paul in Romans (which is, I believe, also where Calvin found it). I remember arguments about this issue on Fisheaters, and I'm pretty sure I've seen it at SD too.

Anyway, Calvinists still have to make a conscious choice to accept Christ at some point in their lives. You could spin this as "evidence of predestination", I guess (KC could certainly tell you more about that than I can), but I don't know how you can say they are not "open to Christ".

Also, what's with "cauvain"? Whether or not you agree with Calvin, he was an intelligent human being who put a great deal of thought into his religious views and philosophy. Ridiculing him by purposely misspelling his name is sort of childish, isn't it?
01-01-2014, 05:31 PM
(01-01-2014 05:23 PM)TheBear Wrote:  "...come at me bro."

WTF???

Damn! You just got here and you're already in a fighting mood! Big Grin

He's generally in a fighting mood. It's just his personality. The "...come at me bro" is largely tongue-in-cheek, I believe. He gets it from Basilios over at SD, who often says that, usually somewhat playfully. Except he often says "brah" rather than "bro". Might be a cultural thing -- he (Basilios) is a South African living in England.
01-01-2014, 05:36 PM
(01-01-2014 11:42 AM)War Horse Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 11:36 AM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote:  I didnt mean banned I just seem to be missing a couple of my posts already...they got bumped. Sorry not used to the interface...BTW...I hope the gist of your arguments wont be sniggering and misspellings an punctuation.....I mean really???

Oh for fucks sake...... he's a grammar nazi too. Dodgy

I can prove that this Vox creature is not one of the Grammar Reich, behold:
(01-01-2014 10:54 AM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 10:50 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  Save your preaching for someone who cares.
Im not preaching you can go drop dead..wouldnt phase me...Im simply showing you how certain responses are well withing Christian doctrine...take it or leave it.

A true member of the Third Grammar Reich would never be so careless and disregarding of Grammar.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
01-01-2014, 06:01 PM
(01-01-2014 05:06 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Since fighting isn't allowed over at SD, from what I understand, is that why it's being done here?

I have addressed comments to voxpop on SD similar to the one's I've made here. I do not intend them as fighting. I'm trying to give him advice, not insult him.
01-01-2014, 06:09 PM
(01-01-2014 06:01 PM)Jayne Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 05:06 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Since fighting isn't allowed over at SD, from what I understand, is that why it's being done here?

I have addressed comments to voxpop on SD similar to the one's I've made here. I do not intend them as fighting. I'm trying to give him advice, not insult him.

I suppose we were able to see two varied examples of members from that forum. Somehow I didn't think the gap was quite that wide.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
01-01-2014, 06:17 PM
(01-01-2014 06:09 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 06:01 PM)Jayne Wrote:  I have addressed comments to voxpop on SD similar to the one's I've made here. I do not intend them as fighting. I'm trying to give him advice, not insult him.

I suppose we were able to see two varied examples of members from that forum. Somehow I didn't think the gap was quite that wide.

Now you are insulting both voxpop and me. Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Jayne's post