voxxpopulisuxx from SD

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-01-2014, 06:19 PM
RE: voxxpopulisuxx from SD
(01-01-2014 06:17 PM)Jayne Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 06:09 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I suppose we were able to see two varied examples of members from that forum. Somehow I didn't think the gap was quite that wide.

Now you are insulting both voxpop and me. Big Grin

It wasn't intended that way.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2014, 06:25 PM
(01-01-2014 06:19 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 06:17 PM)Jayne Wrote:  Now you are insulting both voxpop and me. Big Grin

It wasn't intended that way.

I know. It was great to meet you. I need to go now. Goodbye.
01-01-2014, 06:29 PM
(01-01-2014 04:52 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote:  is there at least one universally recognized act that is evil that it can be assumed all humans should know they shouldnt do.

I would say yes. But my opinion on what "should be" recognized as an evil act is still just that. My opinion.

There will always be peoples and societies that might disagree. Morality is subjective. Good question.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
01-01-2014, 06:31 PM
(01-01-2014 06:25 PM)Jayne Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 06:19 PM)Anjele Wrote:  It wasn't intended that way.

I know. It was great to meet you. I need to go now. Goodbye.

Have a nice evening.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
01-01-2014, 07:01 PM
(01-01-2014 03:31 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote:  I said Catholicism has the answer that fits to what is observed better than any other.

Actually that's patently false. Neuro-science has a much better explanation. But since you've admitted you're uneducated, it's not surprising you have no clue, what science has discovered. Everything you call "evil" exists (only) in your brain chemistry. No where else. But thanks for admitting your religion is all a "god of the gaps" business. Thumbsup

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
01-01-2014, 07:37 PM
(01-01-2014 06:29 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 04:52 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote:  is there at least one universally recognized act that is evil that it can be assumed all humans should know they shouldnt do.

I would say yes. But my opinion on what "should be" recognized as an evil act is still just that. My opinion.

There will always be peoples and societies that might disagree. Morality is subjective. Good question.
There are these>>>
Willful cold blooded murder
deliberate unnecessary theft
deliberate betrayal of a friend
01-01-2014, 07:53 PM
(01-01-2014 12:36 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 12:29 PM)Hafnof Wrote:  So you believe that evil is some kind of matter, or some force? Is there a boson of evil?

Or are you happy to accept a definition of evil as "increased or maximised harm or suffering"? If you are happy to work with that kind of definition then I'm sure we could make some progress. You ask "why not promote evil", ie "why not promote increased or maximised harm or suffering"? To what end would I promote such a thing? The consequence of promoting it would be reduced individual harm and suffering as well as reduced cohesion of society as a whole. Obviously I want to do things that are good for the society that was first good to me and continues to be good to me. I want to help others in that society and do good to them.

Why would I wish others harm? All that would do is cause me harm in return. I prefer less harm and less suffering, so I have every reason to think the same is true of others in society and that this is the best outcome for society as a whole.

Do you disagree? Do you have a reason I should be harming others that I should be taking into consideration? Where do you think the evil thoughts that are driving you to want others to suffer are coming from?

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boson
Now dont cheapen our discussion by pretending I said I wanted to harm anyone or anything. I simply am looking for why good things are to be prefered. I concede with you that Good should always be promoted. I just want to know why? Lets us both further agree that there are people who do want evil over good and prefer evil over good.
I actually think evil is undefinable while paradoxically recognizable. Do you agree?

I prefer good for myself rather than evil. I have every reason to think the same is true for other humans. Society functions best when people do good to each other. Therefore good is preferable to evil. Jesus himself is credited with saying "do unto others as you would have them do to you". Do you find this insufficient for some reason?

I think it is difficult to exactly formulate a quantifiable definition of the amount of good or evil because so many factors come into play, such as balancing individual needs against societal needs. But I'm happy enough with the loose definition if evil I already provided: Increased or maximised harm or suffering. I don't see any reason to consider it some kind of spiritual energy or quantity.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
01-01-2014, 07:54 PM
(01-01-2014 07:37 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 06:29 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  I would say yes. But my opinion on what "should be" recognized as an evil act is still just that. My opinion.

There are these>>>

When the zombies come, I will not hesitate to trip my mate so everyone else can get away.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
01-01-2014, 08:04 PM
(01-01-2014 07:37 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 06:29 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  I would say yes. But my opinion on what "should be" recognized as an evil act is still just that. My opinion.

There are these>>>

Yes. I would agree with those, that they "should" be recognized as evil acts. And I would like to think that in most societies they are. And?

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
02-01-2014, 01:17 AM
(01-01-2014 08:04 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 07:37 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote:  There are these>>>

Yes. I would agree with those, that they "should" be recognized as evil acts. And I would like to think that in most societies they are. And?

The following assumes voxx is not a troll.

-He has an infantile understanding of the world, and needs everything to fit into nice and neat boxes and categories. He can't handle the concept of 'doubt' or 'uncertainty'. His religion is an gold plated excuse to stop thinking, because he thinks it already has all of the answers in black and white. He is entirely oblivious to the shades of gray that exist in the world; whether this comes from his inability to see the shades or his purposeful desire to ignore them in favor of absolutes I cannot yet tell. Drinking Beverage

The following assumes voxx is a troll.

[Image: tumblr_m286bpJ3QC1qbt0vwo1_500.gif]

That objective enough for ya? Dodgy

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post